PDA

View Full Version : Installing/Running dedicated server

SmokingCrater
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Hello all.

I just downloaded the dedicated server 3.02b from the Ubi ftp site and installed it. It doesn't seem to work.

I'm trying to run a dedicated server for the latest version of the merged install of IL2FB+AEP+PF I'm a newb to running dedicated servers with this game, so I was wondering if you guys could help.

Questions:
1) Is this the right dedicated server file to use?

2) Is there any manual or readme included with the server?

3) I installed it to the same folder my FB (et al) game is installed to. Is this the right folder?

With all these different versions and such floating around its kind of hard to jump right into a dedicated server. So, any help you guys could provide (even if there's a tutorial online somewhere) I'd be very appreciative.

Vielen Dank.

SmokingCrater
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Hello all.

I just downloaded the dedicated server 3.02b from the Ubi ftp site and installed it. It doesn't seem to work.

I'm trying to run a dedicated server for the latest version of the merged install of IL2FB+AEP+PF I'm a newb to running dedicated servers with this game, so I was wondering if you guys could help.

Questions:
1) Is this the right dedicated server file to use?

2) Is there any manual or readme included with the server?

3) I installed it to the same folder my FB (et al) game is installed to. Is this the right folder?

With all these different versions and such floating around its kind of hard to jump right into a dedicated server. So, any help you guys could provide (even if there's a tutorial online somewhere) I'd be very appreciative.

Vielen Dank.

Troll2k
01-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Check CrazyIvans thread on dedicated servers.

Basicly the dedicated server runs from a seperate machine(that you do not play on)attached to a lan.Hence the name dedicated.

Btw there is no dedicated server patch 3.02b.That is part 2 of the standalone beta patch.

You must download server 2.04 and then the 3.03m server patch.

Install these on a seperate machine.Install a copy of hyperlobby on the dedicated machine and make a new account(the name of your server).Rename the il2fb_server.exe to il2fb.exe and redirect Hyperlobby to the new path.

The server runs in a dos box.No video,no audio,no stick inputs.

SmokingCrater
01-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Troll.

I've run dedicated servers for other games before (MOH:AA) but this one had me baffled as there's no obvious manual for it. I'll see if I can dig up CI's thread.

Thanks a bunch. I'll update with progress.

Troll2k
01-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Try looking here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=692106434

SmokingCrater
01-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Bookmarked. Got the server up and running. Now I've just got to figure out how to script it and such.

Thanks again, Troll!

Jafo86
01-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Great thread...very informative..thanks...it will be a fantastic resource in setting up my new server.

Petrosky
01-10-2005, 02:59 PM
i have been reading everything i can find on these servers. have some questions for whomever can answer them in ivans set up for config. file he shows things that are not present in my files is this things that he has added to it? or did i miss something else?

billy885
01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes, they can safely be added. Not sure just what you are talking about so can not comment.