PDA

View Full Version : What Games Are You Anticipating This Year?

DingChavez2005
08-02-2007, 12:01 AM
What games do you want to get this year? I want Halo 3, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Grand Theft Auto 4.

DingChavez2005
08-02-2007, 12:01 AM
What games do you want to get this year? I want Halo 3, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Grand Theft Auto 4.

Demon_Mustang
08-02-2007, 01:48 AM
I think the only games I'm anticipating are World in Conflict, Call of Duty 4, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Ground Branch, and I'm slightly interested in the gameplay of Splinter Cell: Conviction. Never was a splinter cell fan, but this one looks interesting.

SweetNirvana
08-03-2007, 12:14 PM
The list of games that came from E3 were amazing. I'm really looking forward to the new Splinter Cell. Sam as a convict? This, I am wanting to play. Also the new Metroid games, and Final Fantasy XIII. :]

ThePheonix1030
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DingChavez2005:
Grand Theft Auto 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That has been delayed until early next year...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SweetNirvana:
Final Fantasy XIII. :] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That also comes out next year...

As for this year, I'm looking for to play Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Haze, Uncharted, Army of Two, Jericho...

DingChavez2005
08-03-2007, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DingChavez2005:
Grand Theft Auto 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That has been delayed until early next year... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe that it hadn't been announced that it was delayed when I posted that.

Thoramir
08-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I'd hate to say it (mainly because there's always a chance Scrubbs or MNG will come in here and accuse us of being the same person) but my list is pretty similar to Demon's.

Ground Branch, Metroid. Not sure whether I'll pick up World in Conflict soon I played the beta/demo and it seems too much like Ground Control 2 with cooler airstrikes. Don't get me wrong Ground Control 2 was probably the best game that hardly anyone played, but it seems like some of the conventions used in both games worked better for a sci-fi game as opposed to a real world setting.

Demon_Mustang
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM
But I thought we've already established that we ARE the same person...

Hey, don't forget, you (I) have to pack my lunch for work today, just a reminder to myself...

Muhad
08-07-2007, 07:53 AM
CoD4
more HL2 stuff

WhiteKnight77
08-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, it won't be out this year, but I am waiting on Ground Branch.

Hornet57
08-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi all....remember me? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif I haven't been around in a while...I've been busy with some real estate I own and don't have much free time...How is eveyone..It's great to see the old gang is still around...I missed talking politics are you people still mixing it up? Is MNG still around?
Demon How's that Mustang of yours? I am thinking of giving my toyota4 runner to my daughter when she goes to college and buying a Mustang convertible for my self.

Demon_Mustang
08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Hornet, how's it going? Yah, my Mustang is still alive and kicking. But I'm eager to get another car to drive so I can start really working on this baby to make her fast. I have all of these car parts just sitting around here waiting to go into my Mustang but it's still my everyday driver, lol. I've been looking at some prices for some trucks and interest rates I can pull off through my credit union and think I can pull off getting a new F150 Crew Cab with tons of nice features for about $400 a month, which is not bad at all...

I still wonder though, if I tear my engine down to the block, how do I line up the cam so the timing is correct between it operating the correct valves when the correct piston is being operated? I've never replaced a cam before, and wonder if you're supposed to just eyeball it or if there is a tool that shows when you have the right notch lined up. I think I remember hearing something about getting the number one piston all the way to the up position, then you put in the cam with a certain cam on the up position or something like that, lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Anyway, about the political bickering, I don't know, looks like MNG & friends are busy out there protesting random things, or they just lost interest or something, lol. I just hope they didn't chain themselves to a tree somewhere and nobody cared so they just left them out there and forgot about them... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

WhiteKnight77
08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demon_Mustang:
Hey Hornet, how's it going? Yah, my Mustang is still alive and kicking. But I'm eager to get another car to drive so I can start really working on this baby to make her fast. I have all of these car parts just sitting around here waiting to go into my Mustang but it's still my everyday driver, lol. I've been looking at some prices for some trucks and interest rates I can pull off through my credit union and think I can pull off getting a new F150 Crew Cab with tons of nice features for about $400 a month, which is not bad at all...

I still wonder though, if I tear my engine down to the block, how do I line up the cam so the timing is correct between it operating the correct valves when the correct piston is being operated? I've never replaced a cam before, and wonder if you're supposed to just eyeball it or if there is a tool that shows when you have the right notch lined up. I think I remember hearing something about getting the number one piston all the way to the up position, then you put in the cam with a certain cam on the up position or something like that, lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Anyway, about the political bickering, I don't know, looks like MNG & friends are busy out there protesting random things, or they just lost interest or something, lol. I just hope they didn't chain themselves to a tree somewhere and nobody cared so they just left them out there and forgot about them... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What year & car and what size motor?

Demon_Mustang
08-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I got a 1992 Mustang GT with the 4.9L 302cid pushrod V8 motor.

Hornet57
08-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Hey Demon...lol you still working on making your car faster I see...maybe you should get a chevy? j/k bud...

as far as linning up the cam what you need to do is line up the marked points of the camshaft gear with the crankshaft gear face to face (mark on crank should be on top and mark on cam should be on bottom). I hope you have a spec manual if you are going to tear down the entire engine block.

Thoramir
08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
He hasn't been around. He may or may not be banned. I filed a couple complaints against him with the mods when he started calling people Nazis and making bigoted remarks against religious people. Geist was the moderator at the time I can't imagine he doesn't take that sort of thing seriously.

Edit:

Regarding Demon getting a Chevy. . . my Fords have not always been trouble free, but I've had problems with Dex-Cool in every Chevy I've owned. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Demon_Mustang
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey, I don't have anything against Chevy but I just have much better experiences with Ford but as long as it's one of the big American three, it's all good. When you see me talking about getting a Honda, someone come over and slap me...

Hey Hornet, you heard about the Shelby Mustang Super Snake coming out? Shelby is saying it will have 725hp, lmao. They are naming it after an AC Cobra Shelby built for himself that he recently sold at Barrett Jackson, bringing in a record $5 MILLION, lmao. Carrol Shelby, being the crazy person he is, built this Cobra, weighing something like 2000lbs, with a 427ci big block with dual superchargers giving it 800+hp, lmao. It was his personal car for a while, so obviously, when it went for sale, everyone wanted to own Shelby's own one-of-a-kind AC Cobra, lol.

Well, they are bringing that name to the Mustang according to Shelby. You buy a Shelby GT500 from Ford, then you send it to Shelby to be upgraded with the Super Snake package. At first, Shelby just hinted that it will be "more than 600 horses... a lot more..." but eventually they just stated that it will be 725hp, lol. Apparently the 500hp the GT500 makes is not enough. I think they need to get rid of the live solid rear axle to take advantage of all of that though...

Hornet57
08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I would love to get the Shelby Mustang but my selfish daughter wants to go to college http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tacamo
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Pffft trade school... That way she can work on the car with/for you.

I'm looking forward to Wolf Quest. Best of DX 10 gaming IMO. http://www.wolfquest.org/

WhiteKnight77
08-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Hornet's right, the timing marks need to face each other and it's a 5.0L engine in a 92 (ex-mechanic here).

Check out the Competition Cams Installation Page (http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Instructions/Files/179.pdf) for more help.

Still your best bet would be to grab a Haynes manual if you are going to do it at home.

Demon_Mustang
08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Cool, thanks guys, that makes it sound pretty easy. I was just afraid that there was some guestimation involved, but if it's marked and all that I won't have a problem.

And Hornet, about your daughter, I think Tac is on to something... lol j/k

Leep
08-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Hornet, you, old dog, how the heck are you.
This is the most people i have seen from the old gang here in a LONG time..
Dang..
Leep Out:

Hornet57
08-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Leep....good to see you still here my friend..how is your music coming along? I still listen to the cd you send me a while back, when I am driving long distance...great listening on the go music http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

Yeah I have not been around for over a year now been kind of busy with real life, you know.

Demon_Mustang
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
You know, it appears that Codemasters has not forgotten about Operation Flashpoint. They didn't use BIS to develop it like with the first one, but they just released a first look video of it. It's an exclusive "Code M" download, so either you sign up, or you wait until it's available to the public (check youtube, it's probably already there, lol), but if the video is real time rendered and not a cut scene, it looks pretty impressive.