PDA

View Full Version : La7-3xb20 Vs Yak 3

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Which one will win? My personal fave is porbably the yak.

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/viper.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Which one will win? My personal fave is porbably the yak.

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/viper.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 02:24 PM
In reality La7 all the way. In FB Yak3.
La7 had better max speed, climb rate, acceleration, dive, roll at high speed, armament and the same turn rate. Yak3 was just an F4 of the lower altitudes.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Try this: Ace-level La-7 (either model) vs 109/E4 piloted by you. You win every time.
Then ace-level Yak-3 vs 109/E4 piloted by you. Much much harder, the Yak flies faster and takes incredible amounts of hits without visual damage.

http://sivusto.servepics.com/~lahnat/werre2s.jpg

veiting foor p¤ts

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Yup.. just like Huck said.. Yak is way too tough in FB..

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Yak too tough? You are flying it? When I am flying it offline, and if I am not doing evasive maneouvers, any German fighter takes me out in one burst. I could say, as well, that FW-190 is uncommonly tough, too. Yesterday I needed 7 one-second bursts on one FW-190 A8 from 6 o´clock to down it, but it means absolutely nothing. I was not hitting it, where it counts ( root of the wing, cockpit, engine).
It all depends where are you shooting and how are you shooting. Game is very fair, people are so subjective.....

ZG77_Nagual
08-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Agree with djosha - only question I have is la7 roll at higher speeds - I read somewhere it was a fast roller. La7 also takes alot (maybe too much) damage - it also has a better sustained turn than the yak (test it and see) and more ammo. the yak is a smaller plane - harder to hit.

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/p47janes.jpg

Message Edited on 08/02/0311:12AM by ZG77_Nagual

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Djosha wrote:
- Yak too tough? You are flying it? When I am flying
- it offline, and if I am not doing evasive
- maneouvers, any German fighter takes me out in one
- burst. I could say, as well, that FW-190 is
- uncommonly tough, too. Yesterday I needed 7
- one-second bursts on one FW-190 A8 from 6 o´clock to
- down it, but it means absolutely nothing. I was not
- hitting it, where it counts ( root of the wing,
- cockpit, engine).
- It all depends where are you shooting and how are
- you shooting. Game is very fair, people are so
- subjective.....

Yes, way too tough. You obviously did not try other planes in the game to compare. Yak's engine never never dies (except of course if you're a p*ss poor pilot). You'll get more pk when flying yaks, that's true, pilot had poorer protection.

One more thing, if the other planes take you out with a single burst this is a clear indication that your rig is not very performant. You may consider another video card. Until then fly in rooms with less objects and less oponenets, you'll see an immediate improvment in survivability. Unfortunately FB has this major flaw, damage assessment depends on how fast your computer is.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Djosha wrote:
- Yak too tough? You are flying it? When I am flying
- it offline, and if I am not doing evasive
- maneouvers, any German fighter takes me out in one
- burst. I could say, as well, that FW-190 is
- uncommonly tough, too.

You kidding? Shooting Yak with german weapons, and it takes huge amount of punishment.. compare BF-109 and Yaks.. Yak takes WAY more damage.. Sometimes up to 5-10 MK108 hits.. Wing are weak though, like FW-190's weak... Yak never gets damaged engine, like BF-109, FW-190, or La5/La7.. So you are pretty safe when fighting against those accurate bomber defensive gunners with Yaks.. Only problem basically is Pilot kills, which Yak is prone to sometimes.. though it should be, its not like they had any pilot armor, like FW-190 and BF109 had.. and still you get more pilots kills with them, than with the Yak.

I mean try some QMB mission.. see how easy it is to down a 109 compared to a Yak.. damage model for Yak is somewhat f*cked up.. Though you are right about FW-190, with too strong fuselage.. But yak has exactly the same problem, even when it is twice lighter, and less armored. Though I've learned to accept it, since FW-190 gunsight and flight model is cramped all the way.. maybe the patch will fix this..

However Yaks seem to be more vulnerable to for example 50call from Brewster.. dunno why that is.. But against MG151/20/MK108 it takes way too much damage for such a light constraction.. if only a few hits were enough to down a heavy bomber with MK108, it is funny, that you need 10 hits to down a Yak.

Yak seems much more stronger than La-series.. When I allways thought, it should be the other way around.. Yaks maybe more manouvarable, but should be much more vulnerable to gunfire..and like Huck said, When you blast Yaks you almost see none damage to the outside model of Yaks.. only some small MG-holes in the wings.. this also demonstrates, that yak damage model is too high.. and you never get damaged controls or anything.. basicly pilot kill is the only thing, but even that happens very very rarely..

Yaks should have same problem, than BF-109 has, that is high speed handling.. and that is where LA5/La7 should be much better, like roll speed at high speeds.. though at the moment Yaks roll just like La5s.. Still La5 roll rate is nothing compared to FW-190.

Message Edited on 08/02/0307:41PM by Vipez-

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Are you kidding?
My favorite sparring partner in QMB is Yak-3 ace.
I usually fly Bf109F-4, both %50 fuel, pure turnfights!
Every time I kill him - his engine goes first!
Eah, machineguns of F-4 are not effective, but 20mm cannon does the job just right, thank you...
Those sparring matches against Yak-3 aces are best thing to prepare to fight human opponents.
It is not as easy as other way around, but it was not suppose to be on a first place.

AKA_Bogun

---------------
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

- Tom Clancy

---------------
Ilsa: "That was the day the Germans marched into Paris."
Rick: "Not an easy day to forget. The Germans wore grey, you wore blue."
Ilsa: "Yes. I have put that dress away. When the Germans march out, I'll wear that dress again."

- Casablanca, 1942