PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft and the HAWX developers: you have a serious problem here

RawKryptonite
05-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I just saw the IGN interview.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/966360/tom-clancys-h...nterview_052808.html (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/966360/tom-clancys-hawx/videos/hawx_vidinterview_052808.html)
Gotta say, the Clancy name is now a stamp of failure and insanity. I can't believe you're putting out a game like this. It reeks of "writer's block" or something, like a term paper written in a single night. Playing a game replay is all it seems to be. Who wants to do that? This game makes Ace Combat look like an Air Force training simulator. It's full of nausea inducing camera angles, whipping you from a rear view to Wonder Woman's invisible jet (HUD only) to some kind of blimp camera that whips around a half mile from the plane. *WHO* thought this was a good idea? It seems to come from people who---not only don't play flight games of any sort (even arcade'ish)---but who don't play games at all.

Ubisoft: looks like EA has sneaked in some kind of covert agents telling you how to run your current generation Clancy games for the last 3-4 years or so. WISE UP and recognize what's going on. How can anyone think this is good? How can this company go from games like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Summit Strike, Rainbow Six 3/BA to the complete junk they've been putting out since then? It's like a deal with the devil that he's coming to collect on.

Someone who has seen the game first hand please tell me I'm wrong here, because what I'm seeing is absolutely ridiculous. I hate to be harsh when I know people are working hard on this game, and I won't stoop to the level some others have in talking about the game. However, someone needs to take a *HARD* look at this project before the point of no return, stop what's going on and start working on a worthwhile game that people will want to play--not just a poorly thought out prelude to EndWar. I *get* that something between arcade and sim (closer to arcade) is the goal. Even so, it can be done MUCH better than this. Don't throw in gimmicks for the sake of doing it and don't throw a mediocre game out there when some thought and planning could yield something worth buying and playing.

This is not good.

Steiner
05-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Actually, HAWX is brought to you by the people who made Blazing Angels.

RawKryptonite
05-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Gameplay video seems to confirm it the problems.
Ubidays demonstration video of gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34545.html

Airhawk14
05-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I agree. I'm tired of ace combat type games. Its time to put a simulator on the 360. Something around over g, but better. Something like this:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos...&scr=default&lang=en (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=950&scr=default&lang=en)

I can't beleive I actually looked forward to this game. Online will be horible, just like ace combat.

xIDimeIx
05-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Blazing angels was extremely unrealistic and if HAWX is anything like it then yet again ubisoft will not be reciving my business, and further taint thier name with halfasses products. quite frankly air combat games are a niche market, they take patience and intellect to be successfull and the general population lacks those key qualities. not everyone likes every game, or even every genre. developers should recognize that and create games in the genre that are the best in that area, instead they try and make games "user friendly" meaning that that riduclas nearly impossible with the physics of flight can be pulled off with a button combo with no risk to your aircraft.

By the way, wears the cockpit view, what flight game that claims a simulation side doesnt make a cockpit view. hell even Ace Combat has it.

Xx_RTEK_xX
05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I never played Blazing Angels 2, but Blazing Angels 1 was alot of fun for me. It sucked that it was only in 3rd person, but I have to say that they took the arcade of Blazing Angels 1 and ridiculously increased it 10 fold on HAWX. I really was hoping that this game would be good, even with it being an arcade type game. However, by HAWX turning out to be a game that a 3 year old can easily play, I don't care much for this game anymore. It's really sad to see Ubisoft taking Tom Clancy's name and draging through the mud, and just brutalizing it, and prostituting it out like they have been recently. I wish Ubisoft would stop being such ravinous dogs when it comes to money, and pay more attention to what their fans really want in a game, and what the Tom Clancy name used to stand for. In turn, by doing these two things, it will generate Ubisoft far more money, than these quick fix quick release quick made games ever will.

TRStealth
05-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Airhawk14:
I agree. I'm tired of ace combat type games. Its time to put a simulator on the 360. Something around over g, but better. Something like this:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos...&scr=default&lang=en (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=950&scr=default&lang=en)

I can't beleive I actually looked forward to this game. Online will be horible, just like ace combat.

Simulators don't belong on consoles, get over it.

MPSSC
05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9hTcjX2TZg

watch this
an old game(showed up in 1999),looks much better than HAWX demo.
(I really don't know what the demo is about when ERS is off,only I can hear is warning,the screen is too chaotic)

Xx_RTEK_xX
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by TRStealth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Airhawk14:

Simulators don't belong on consoles, get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure they do. There are alot of people out there that like to play more realistic games that can't afford to spend money on hopped up PCs for PC gaming. I personally stopped playing PC games because I got tired of having to spend money to keep up with newer games. I'm content with the 360, and most of the games that are out for it. I prefer the more realistic games and would like to see more simulation games. I don't care for them to be as simulation as PC sims are. I'm happy with the amount of simulation games like Over G Fighters and games like the Recon franchise and the first America's Army. They don't have to be completely realistic, but there are those of us who do enjoy those types of game. The Tom Clancy name used to stand for more realism than fantasy, but since Ubisoft bought his name, they have decided to make quick money of stupid games with his(now Ubisoft's) name on it.

The M00PS
05-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh well, so much for that. Saves me $60 anyway...

I would've been ecstatic with an updated Over G with better menus, multiplayer campaign, and customizable multiplayer modes. I guess we can still hope for that. Taito, are you listening?

TRStealth
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TRStealth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Airhawk14:

Sure they do. There are alot of people out there that like to play more realistic games that can't afford to spend money on hopped up PCs for PC gaming. I personally stopped playing PC games because I got tired of having to spend money to keep up with newer games. I'm content with the 360, and most of the games that are out for it. I prefer the more realistic games and would like to see more simulation games. I don't care for them to be as simulation as PC sims are. I'm happy with the amount of simulation games like Over G Fighters and games like the Recon franchise and the first America's Army. They don't have to be completely realistic, but there are those of us who do enjoy those types of game. The Tom Clancy name used to stand for more realism than fantasy, but since Ubisoft bought his name, they have decided to make quick money of stupid games with his(now Ubisoft's) name on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simulation games are a niche market. There is no real money in Ubisoft making realistic games anymore. And no, Flight Sims don't belong on consoles. There's no way you'd ever be able to properly do it with a few buttons on a controller. Over-G sucked ***. It was boring, had terrible graphics, and just a terrible product in general. It actually proves quite nicely why sims don't work on consoles. It's only a mediocre sim at best. I'm all for PC flight sims, I own plenty. But consoles are not there to fill niche gaming.

And please, there hasn't been a realistic Tom Clancy game since Raven Shield. Ghost Recon hasn't been realistic since Island Thunder.

PvtSkwerl
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
eh.. from what I can see, that ERS looks like more of a handicap rather than help. I honestly don't know why bother switching it on while I can fly just fine in game like Ace Combat.
Judging from the video, the 3rd person control during missile evasion looks rather questionable.

Tomcatter61
05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I hope this game falls flat on its face, as it deserves to. At least I can take my $60 and get a worthwhile game this fall.

Seriously Ubi, you guys missed the boat, big time. This game looks like turd from everything I've seen. If I wanted this kind of flight experience, I could always blow the months of dust off my copy of Ace 6 and pop it in. Then, in a matter of minutes, I'd remember why it was so dusty and I'd throw Over-G back in.

I'm sure you guys are too far along into your development process and probably too convinced of your ideas' impending success to change anything now. Good. Maybe it'll be a learning experience for you. This is a low-grade knock off of Ace Combat. I hope that fact strikes your intended market and they don't waste their money.

If you wanted to give a good gaming experience, for a flight game you have to make the player feel as if they're in the cockpit. Your setup makes me feel acutely aware that I'm playing a game, and I'm detached from the whole thing.

I'm sure you realized that by going this route, you'd be alienating the more hard-core sim players. That is the flight-game niche. I guess the money was more important to you.

I've never seen so much potential go to waste. At least Ace Combat was the way it was because they are following a formula that has worked for them in the past. You had a chance to set yourselves apart with a clean slate and you chose to model an arcade game that is decent at best, and turn out a lame version of it. Disgraceful.

RawKryptonite
05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Sims don't seem to be too good on PC's either since there are so few coming out now.
As for graphics, the graphics on OGF are better than the PC sims I've got.
I hardly use my keyboard for my PC sims, I assign most everything on my X52. No reason that can't be done for the 360 and a dedicated controller similar to what came with AC6.

Silver-Hawk-Red
05-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Ace Combat is a superb Simucade Flight Game, please don't insult it by lumping it with HAWX, as it is more similar to Afterburner Climax in the way it plays. (Without the pedigree or level of assets.)

Tomcatter61
05-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Silver-Hawk-Red:
Ace Combat is a superb Simucade Flight Game, please don't insult it by lumping it with HAWX, as it is more similar to Afterburner Climax in the way it plays. (Without the pedigree or level of assets.)

I'd disagree with your use of the word 'superb,' but I will say if given the choice between HAWX and Ace 6, I'll take Ace 6, in a heartbeat. That's about the best compliment you'll get on Ace 6 from me.

Looks like I'll be flying OGF for the foreseeable future.

xCoNx_6
05-29-2008, 08:49 AM

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos...&scr=default&lang=en

I can't beleive I

I Agree on the point that all the series that where once good are now being grinded into dust. Since Summit strike and Chaos theory I havent been able to enjoy a Tom clancy /Ubi game at all. I hated every single one of them.

Im giving them a new chance with this game but I will not fell judgement untill I have read revieuws and played it myself.

(Not an attack at you, Im just saying)

xCoNx_6
05-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Replied to the wrong guy, excuse me.
Should be the topic creator.

Silver-Hawk-Red
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Tomcatter61:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver-Hawk-Red:

I'd disagree with your use of the word 'superb,' but I will say if given the choice between HAWX and Ace 6, I'll take Ace 6, in a heartbeat. That's about the best compliment you'll get on Ace 6 from me.

Looks like I'll be flying OGF for the foreseeable future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ace Combat has a Pedigree and with-in that Pedigree it is Superb, if you don't enjoy the style then don't say anything about it.

DarkzeroPrime
05-29-2008, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TRStealth:

Sure they do. There are alot of people out there that like to play more realistic games that can't afford to spend money on hopped up PCs for PC gaming. I personally stopped playing PC games because I got tired of having to spend money to keep up with newer games. I'm content with the 360, and most of the games that are out for it. I prefer the more realistic games and would like to see more simulation games. I don't care for them to be as simulation as PC sims are. I'm happy with the amount of simulation games like Over G Fighters and games like the Recon franchise and the first America's Army. They don't have to be completely realistic, but there are those of us who do enjoy those types of game. The Tom Clancy name used to stand for more realism than fantasy, but since Ubisoft bought his name, they have decided to make quick money of stupid games with his(now Ubisoft's) name on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But Digital Comabt Simulator is ultra realistic. It's a study sim that will make even the Falcon 4.0 pale in comparison. You should hope for something like Wings Over Europe on the console, which is easy to approach for everyone, but is still 100 times more realistc than OGF:
http://www.simhq.com/_air7/air_235a.html

Xx_RTEK_xX
05-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Amuro622:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:

But Digital Comabt Simulator is ultra realistic. It's a study sim that will make even the Falcon 4.0 pale in comparison. You should hope for something like Wings Over Europe on the console, which is easy to approach for everyone, but is still 100 times more realistc than OGF:
http://www.simhq.com/_air7/air_235a.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I very happy with OGF. I'd like to see an OGF2 with better sense of speed, and more 3-dimensional objects on the ground, and more online gametypes, and coop. They can leave the graphics the exact same as they are now, because they are good enough for me. Gameplay is good enough for me.

I will check out that game you posted. Thank you for the suggestion.

Tomcatter61
05-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Ace Combat has a Pedigree and with-in that Pedigree it is Superb, if you don't enjoy the style then don't say anything about it.

Oh, for the love of Pete. Would you take your Ace Combat and get a room already so you two can make out in private?

I can't say Ace Combat is turd. I can say that I think Ace Combat is turd. It's a subjective opinion. Just like yours. But, I will say whatever I want about it. If that hurts your ears, oh well.

Silver-Hawk-Red
05-31-2008, 01:35 AM
It doesn't offend me. It's just a giant hole of logic if you start comparing games to what they don't claim to be. It's like calling Advance Wars a lousy First Person Shooter.

Tomcatter61
05-31-2008, 10:27 AM
You sure jumped to AC's defense quickly. You sure it didn't offend?

Additionally, comparing games to what they do or don't claim to be is irrelevant. It's what they actually are that counts. HAWX can claim to be whatever it wants. The facts are that it really looks like a cheap, knock-off of Ace Combat - with none of AC's redeeming qualities, the few there are.

Look, if you want to debate how awesome/lousy Ace Combat is, why don't you set up another thread so we can keep this one on topic?

gel214th
05-31-2008, 09:33 PM
It's really sad to see Ubisoft taking Tom Clancy's name

man!

The game looks GREAT!! I can't WAIT to get my hands on it!

I hope those views were automatic, and not controlled with the right analog stick, but either way it looked like a HECK of a lot of fun! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think they've got a winner on their hands with this one!

I also read today that it will be the first Air Combat Sim that allows for Voice Activated Commands!

Fingers crossed for a good PC launch!

Silver-Hawk-Red
06-01-2008, 01:27 AM
You sure jumped to AC's defense quickly. You sure it didn't offend?

Additionally, comparing games to what they do or don't claim to be is irrelevant. It's what they actually are that counts. HAWX can claim to be whatever it wants. The facts are that it really looks like a cheap, knock-off of Ace Combat - with none of AC's redeeming qualities, the few there are.

Look, if you want to debate how awesome/lousy Ace Combat is, why don't you set up another thread so we can keep this one on topic?

How about people stop bringing up Ace Combat, then? Real simple solution to the problem.

Tomcatter61
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
How about people stop bringing up Ace Combat, then? Real simple solution to the problem.

Well, there aren't a lot of options for people to compare other mediocre, arcade, flight games to on a console.

Another simple solution, you could get over it. Just thinking out loud here.

Queue_III
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
lololol, don't buy the game then. There are tons of development teams at ubisoft, its not like this is wasting the time of the other teams that are making the other games. So stop crying and go play splinter cell if you want. Conviction looks like ****.

Xx_RTEK_xX
06-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by gel214th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:

man!

I hope those views were automatic, and not controlled with the right analog stick, but either way it looked like a HECK of a lot of fun! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I also read today that it will be the first Air Combat Sim that allows for Voice Activated Commands!

Fingers crossed for a good PC launch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be smokin some of that sticky icky with thoughts like that. This game is gonna suck bad. They might as well put this game on arcade machines in the malls and charge 50cents per play. This game looks like it should be in the local mall arcade.

Silver-Hawk-Red
06-01-2008, 11:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver-Hawk-Red:

Well, there aren't a lot of options for people to compare other mediocre, arcade, flight games to on a console.

Another simple solution, you could get over it. Just thinking out loud here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mostly for the fact that, sales proves that Over-G is medicore and Ace Combat never claimed to be a Flight Sim.

You could simply just leave Ace Combat alone, just thinking out loud here.

gel214th
06-02-2008, 04:52 AM
You must be smokin some of that sticky icky with thoughts like that. This game is gonna suck bad. They might as well put this game on arcade machines in the malls and charge 50cents per play. This game looks like it should be in the local mall arcade.

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it.

I think the game looked darn exciting! ^_^

SkyRaptor_RUS
06-02-2008, 05:07 AM
FOR DEVELOPERS.
THINGS THAT MUST BE CHANGED
1.Afterburners...they S*CK! I'm sorry but they do... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
2.alert sound...woman voice is ok but allert sounds like "beeep beeep tweeeep tweeep" will make me commence suicide rather than listen to that ancient video game signal sound
3.Graphics. TO much blue blur.
4.Atmsphere. Look how Su-47s appeared in HAWX and how HERE - http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUl2o9kfWE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SkyRaptor_RUS
06-02-2008, 07:45 AM
FOr great looking afterburners - see Acew Combat 6, or even LOCK ON but not HAWX.

beautiful http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/tom_clancys_hawx/226634

Ugly
http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/tom_clancys_hawx/231653

RawKryptonite
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Can't see them from the cockpit, so it shouldn't matter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

laattempt
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE. When I first heard about H.A.W.X, I thought "Finally, a game with that Ghost Recon/RAINBOW 6 realistic-while-remaining-a-fun-game feel". After seeing the teaser trailer, I only got more excited. Whenever I had called in air strikes as Cpt. Michel, I had always secretly wanted to be the guy in the sky, engaging enemy aircraft and blowing up tanks. It seemed to good to be true.

And what do you know, it was. The game play video is SO RIDICULOUSLY DISAPPOINTING. I know Clancy games aren't entirely realistic (thats part of what makes them fun) but that was outrageous! Those jets must have been flying at 1500 knots the whole time! Every one of those pilots would have been killed via G force long before any missiles got to them. Also, although I didn't count, he must have dodged around 20 missiles in that short space of 3 minutes (or whatever it was). I think even Star Wars: Battlefront 2 had better aerial combat than what that demo showed. There was no feeling of huge, supersonic aircraft thundering through the vast blue sky; more like a bunch of R/C planes flying around a 5x5 foot room alongside a bunch of fireworks. Seriously devs, FIX THIS. NOBODY IS GOING TO BUY IT IF IT REMAINS LIKE THAT.

But it all seriousness, this theme has allot of potential. Too bad its being thrown out the window.

If the game ships with game play that resembles in any way the game play video, my $50 is going else wear. Like maybe towards 50 $1 toy planes that I can throw into my dryer along with a grenade, probably giving me a more entertaining (and certainly more realistic) view of air combat in the future.

Claudeboy_36
06-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Well I still think this game will be fun with all the intense dog fighting. I'm really looking forward to this game.

silentstriderm
06-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Claudeboy_36:
Well I still think this game will be fun with all the intense dog fighting. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Pulling the field of view out so far during the "intense" dogfights will take all of the excitement out of a dogfight because you know exactly what's happening everywhere around you.

Not knowing exactly how close a trailing missile is to giving you an explosive love tap makes a dogfight so much more intense than being able to see it when pulled out 500 meters. But hey, that's my opinion.

Tomcatter61
06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by laattempt:
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE. When I first heard about H.A.W.X, I thought "Finally, a game with that Ghost Recon/RAINBOW 6 realistic-while-remaining-a-fun-game feel". After seeing the teaser trailer, I only got more excited. Whenever I had called in air strikes as Cpt. Michel, I had always secretly wanted to be the guy in the sky, engaging enemy aircraft and blowing up tanks. It seemed to good to be true.

And what do you know, it was. The game play video is SO RIDICULOUSLY DISAPPOINTING. I know Clancy games aren't entirely realistic (thats part of what makes them fun) but that was outrageous! Those jets must have been flying at 1500 knots the whole time! Every one of those pilots would have been killed via G force long before any missiles got to them. Also, although I didn't count, he must have dodged around 20 missiles in that short space of 3 minutes (or whatever it was). I think even Star Wars: Battlefront 2 had better aerial combat than what that demo showed. There was no feeling of huge, supersonic aircraft thundering through the vast blue sky; more like a bunch of R/C planes flying around a 5x5 foot room alongside a bunch of fireworks. Seriously devs, FIX THIS. NOBODY IS GOING TO BUY IT IF IT REMAINS LIKE THAT.

But it all seriousness, this theme has allot of potential. Too bad its being thrown out the window.

If the game ships with game play that resembles in any way the game play video, my $50 is going else wear. Like maybe towards 50 $1 toy planes that I can throw into my dryer along with a grenade, probably giving me a more entertaining (and certainly more realistic) view of air combat in the future.

If your dryer had a window, I'd pay to see that.

Keplager
06-04-2008, 06:36 PM
true, I do not want a game that zooms out 1 mile, but I did like how a game actually accurately depicts the maneuverability of the F-22A. and the supersonics shocks, and vapors looked awesome.

Icecube1137
06-19-2008, 02:52 PM
"the clancy name is now a stamp of failure and insanity."
haha, stamp of failure and insanity, i like that.

MidlandMonster
06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/966360/tom-clancys-h...nterview_052808.html (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/966360/tom-clancys-hawx/videos/hawx_vidinterview_052808.html)
Gotta say, the Clancy name is now a stamp of failure and insanity. I can't believe you're putting out a game like this. It reeks of "writer's block" or something, like a term paper written in a single night. Playing a game replay is all it seems to be. Who wants to do that? This game makes Ace Combat look like an Air Force training simulator. It's full of nausea inducing camera angles, whipping you from a rear view to Wonder Woman's invisible jet (HUD only) to some kind of blimp camera that whips around a half mile from the plane. *WHO* thought this was a good idea? It seems to come from people who---not only don't play flight games of any sort (even arcade'ish)---but who don't play games at all.

Ubisoft: looks like EA has sneaked in some kind of covert agents telling you how to run your current generation Clancy games for the last 3-4 years or so. WISE UP and recognize what's going on. How can anyone think this is good? How can this company go from games like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Summit Strike, Rainbow Six 3/BA to the complete junk they've been putting out since then? It's like a deal with the devil that he's coming to collect on.

Someone who has seen the game first hand please tell me I'm wrong here, because what I'm seeing is absolutely ridiculous. I hate to be harsh when I know people are working hard on this game, and I won't stoop to the level some others have in talking about the game. However, someone needs to take a *HARD* look at this project before the point of no return, stop what's going on and start working on a worthwhile game that people will want to play--not just a poorly thought out prelude to EndWar. I *get* that something between arcade and sim (closer to arcade) is the goal. Even so, it can be done MUCH better than this. Don't throw in gimmicks for the sake of doing it and don't throw a mediocre game out there when some thought and planning could yield something worth buying and playing.

This is not good.

I couldn't agree more. I truly miss the old Red Storm days. Since Ubisoft got involved it's been a crap shoot.

Based on what I've seen so far, I will not be buying this product.

Looks like I'm sticking with OGF for the time being. Sure it may have it's problems, but it's far more intricate and entertaining than any of the other air combat titles.

Might be high time for a Ubisoft boycott. I haven't been really happy with any of their titles so far. For instance, take Vegas 2 for example. Good game yes, but glitchy. Enemies would spawn in a room right after you cleared it, and someone on the development team forgot to finish a few of the guns. Some of them don't eject shells or animate properly when slung. Small details that make a good game great. The point is, they're getting sloppy yet their games demand the biggest buck.

I've purchased every Tom Clancy tilte since the original Rainbow Six. Yet since the Ubisoft takeover, I've been growing more and more disappointed. This is where the Tom Clancy trail ends for me.

Ubisoft, you won't see another dollar from me. Perhaps you should look to some of the Red Storm hits from the past for inspiration for future endeavors.

sniper_five
06-19-2008, 09:10 PM
I have read through all the rediculous bickering that is taking place in this thread I and I find it comical. I play on the PS3 and happen to enjoy the ACE Combat series, until XBOX/Microsoft purchase the sole rights to it. I find myself questioning what you people actually want out of a VIDEO GAME. I posted in another thread about how an authentic simulator would, in my opinion be a great game. If your one of those constant action players, then authenticity is not for you. There is no way for any company to put out a game that can appeal to all. Take for example COD4. Now I happen to enjoy that game as well, however, I hear more people say this game sucks compared to Solcom or other FPS titles. Its a never ending cycle, some of the gamers will like it and some of them won't its that simple. If a company put out a 100% sure fire hit that every person would enjoy, I would think we would have a series problem to deal with. Obviously UBI thinks this will work, otherwise why waste the effort of the staff they have working on it. To each his own, and for people to take a pot shot at someone else's opinion is just ******ed. Its just like game counsels, I prefer Sony simply because I use Micrsoft based programs 40+ hours a week. Its nice to see my money being spread elsewhere, and it helps its the first counsel I played. I have never really gotten used to the controllers on XBOX.

When you start taking people's prefernce's and like's and tell them their insane...you really begin to look like a fool. Just simply say the game looks dumb, I won't buy it. I guarntee I will purchase this game for a few reasons. One, I have no flight based combat games that I enjoy to play anymore, save for the old AC series. Two, its my choice, my taste, and not yours. To the original poster of this thread, your initial post was great. It lost its salt so to speak when people who thought they would enjoy it got water poured on them. All in all, what do you really care if the game fails, its not your money, not your time, and not your idea. Your "opinion" will probably will not affect my judgement.

MidlandMonster
06-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I think the only thing here that's lost it's salt is the Tom Clancy genre. I'm just looking for some depth here. Depth can certainly come in different ways. Be it a driving story line with great characters or great game play. I find that Ubisoft's more recent titles have started to lack both.

Remember the original Rainbow Six. With only a mere red crosshair on the screen, one of the most revolutionary games was born, with a true Clancy feel. The story line built upon the novels foundation (One of the best damn books I've ever read). The game was re-playable time and time again as players found the challenge brought by the realism insatiable. It took the shooter experience to a new level. And it did it in a way enjoyable for all different types of gamers. Action, Realism, Detail, Story, and Characters, it had it all. They have yet to produce a game on the same level as this gem.

I like OGF because of the attention to the small details. The details that were never published in the manual but important and relevant none the less. like seeing the "meatball" on a carrier landing to guide you to the third wire, the different (realistic) radar modes associated with the different weapons you select (which are modeled and work like real ACM modes). Trying to find you enemy visually rather than just flipping on the radar, giving your position away before you see anything on the scope and loosing the upper hand. The fact that flight dynamics are realistic thus adding the challenge to try and out fly your opponent. None of these things were mentioned in the manual. You learned it as you went on, and past sim experience certainly helped. The online community for this game has grown big with sites and forums dedicated to different online squads.

That's where the depth to this game comes from. Not from its bad story line, and non-essential characters. But to gameplay itself and what the users made of it online. In this case , because they squeezed enough realism into (Not to much, but a decent balance) it makes the game extremely re-playable.

Now, in my opinion, if you just give me a giant furball with dozens of planes and hundreds of missiles, if thats all there is, campaign and online, than this thing will probably only be fun for five minutes. It'd be like playing Halo multiplayer with 50 players on a giant flat square blue map with no obstacles. Even with a good plot and great characters, Come on, there has to be more. If not, than we're just paying for the same bloody thing we've already seen. just indifferent packaging with Clancy stamped on it. Thats where Ubisoft looses me. I don't want to see Falcon 4.0 Af on the xbox. I just want some more depth. Something. Anything!

Tomcatter61
06-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MidlandMonster:
If not, than we're just paying for the same bloody thing we've already seen. just indifferent packaging with Clancy stamped on it. Thats where Ubisoft looses me.

That's my biggest complaint as well. This game had the potential to be pretty damn awesome, and I think they threw it away trying to make an Ace Combat clone.

viiiper2006
06-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I was laughing at most of the replies in this thread, Judging a product based on a video trailer, No Demo, No actual game play. You guys need a life.

Judge it when it is released demo or full, Keep your money in your pocket till then.

I know Nothing is perfect and a new game has the potential to move things forward but shooting it down before you even get to try it is a bit harsh. Ubi are not perfect but they do make some good stuff and if they get this game 80% right then they are on a winner.

The last flight game I played was years ago because of the short life spans & lack of community feedback patching to add the diamond into the play. If this is anything close to the RSE days then that is a winner. Ubi have alot of talent with their group, I'm no fan of theirs but I live in hope they hit the target.

Remember, this is (like they say in the videos and Q&A), this is NO SIM, it is an attempt to marry the best of Sim & realism with fun and excitement. Planes doing 1500 kts or 800 is not a problem for me.
All flight games lack one thing, your not actually in the plane you have no sensation of G or motion, the punch is missing when you throttle up in flight, if they can simulate that effect and sacrifice part of realism I'm only too happy.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt especially seeing there is no actual demo at the moment.

I personally think there too many Sim guys on here wanting the Uber Sim, which this is not.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (no offense meant)

On a lighter note, The graphics (satellite topography) terrain & density of the city scape look great (missing in alot of sims.) The Computer assist on/off looks good too, I'm hoping they make it at least 6 player multiplay , dedicated server option and have high intensity dogfighting, plus options to turn DOWN or OFF the bleep bleep warnings.

viii

Icecube1137
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by gel214th:

man!

Fingers crossed for a good PC launch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarcasm, I hope?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ScrubberManFHP
06-23-2008, 11:32 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/194/467017208_b56a4564b4.jpg?v=0

Have a cookie guys. It's a good way to drown frustration.

viiiper2006
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Hummmm...cookies, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Claudeboy_36
06-25-2008, 01:19 PM
oh thank you those cookies just made my day.

Ding00s
06-30-2008, 11:59 AM
About.. you guys complaining about AC, you have to understand that it wasnt made as a flight simulator, it is more like an arcadish game.. so its extreme G- forces manouvers or its unrealistics weapons shouldnt be a problem ...while it remains as an enjoyable game is ok.. and it is. you can enjoy AC if you arent thinking all the time "WTF!! why i am carrying 60 sidewinders!!" if you dont like the game is because you dont want to.
Accept it, the real thing is you have too much free time and the only way you know how to spend it is complaining about a game.
This game looks pretty cool,except for the ERS, you know where the camera zooms out like 1 mile and you enter assistance mode,Ubisoft..plis change that because the missile warning sound is freakin annoying

KingMoFo
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
"Simulators don't belong on consoles, get over it"

Ya you can make me a hole to put you in it.

We have a HDD in the 360, USE IT. We Have a Keyboard For more keys. We Have A Custom IBM Power-PC Based CPU with Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each.

So comming back to that \ saying that Simulators don't belong on consoles.... start diggin

***edited for content - these are E-rated forum, please watch your language - thanks

PvtSkwerl
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by KingMoFo:

We have a HDD in the 360, USE IT. We Have a Keyboard For more keys. We Have A Custom IBM Power-PC Based CPU with Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each.

So comming back to that saying that Simulators don't belong on consoles.... start diggin
yea, except people dont want to use HDD install,not every 360 has hdd install, nor do every 360 has keyboard and mouse. Kthxbai.

***quote edited

TRStealth
07-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by KingMoFo:

So comming back to that saying that Simulators don't belong on consoles.... start diggin

You know what else has those things? Your computer. And there are plenty of flight sims on it.

***edited for content - these are E-rated forum, please watch your language - thanks

zgubilici
07-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Everyone calm down, no more bickering please.

Thanks.

Keplager
07-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes, but the 360 is much cheaper than a computer. So, maybe we don't have the money to buy a new computer...

PvtSkwerl
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by netflame5:
Yes, but the 360 is much cheaper than a computer. So, maybe we don't have the money to buy a new computer...
back to the original starting point again, ubisoft is in the business to make money, not to please niche fans, not to mention a large portion of console gamers cant stand slow paced and complex games.

TRStealth
07-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by netflame5:

Then go and actually join the Air Force and draw a paycheck. We're not all deadbeats.

Keplager
07-03-2008, 11:58 PM
I never said that I didn't have a nice comp. mine is actually quite nice. I was just pointing out that some people don't have the money.

thefirst2run
07-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh come on guys... There is still some time to make final adjustments to the game. Maybe those adjustments will make the game a winner. Post your thoughts after the demo. You are basing your ideas off of other reviews, no gameplay, and one video. There are more maps and missions and I'm sure each one provides a very different kind of experience for each. I know I want to get this game. I've been waiting to long for an online flight combat game to appear for the ps3. Shut up none of that here please. Any way I just want to have the right to say "I am a very good fighter pilot" because I would know the moves to evade a missle. This game could provide that being as close to a simulation but keeping fun a part of gameplay as well. I hope some of you play this some day and like it. I hope to see you there. Untill then please give the ubi's a break. The demo isn't even out. I am sure they are reading and thinking of ideas to answer your complaints and make the game as good as possible. There is still time to make adjustments.

ZX3-HOSTILE
07-31-2008, 06:18 AM
ok ok Buy The Way Air Force Huh? Why Not Do The Navy Then The Air Force ?

Cons72
08-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by laattempt:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

viiiper2006
08-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Cons72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by laattempt:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, me money is going south too

I had high hopes, a semi simulator that took arcade flight into sim, territory, but not from those videos. Looks like Ubi missed alot of what I wanted.

<span class="ev_code_RED">OPTIONS</span> OPTIONS

IN cockpit, out of cockpit = all modes
free flight = all modes
adjustable independent sounds = all modes
adjustable graphics = all modes.
hosting multiplayer = all multiplayer modes.
dedicated server = pc.
24/7 servers, easy to find.
inclusion of VTOL aircraft.
The ability to land & take off in all available aircraft.
mission editor.
coop missions to fly with friends.
objective missions aswell as PvP.

I think that's my Christmas list...

I'm dreaming.. this is an Arcade game

TRStealth
08-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by viiiper2006:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cons72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by laattempt:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had high hopes, a semi simulator that took arcade flight into sim, territory, but not from those videos. Looks like Ubi missed alot of what I wanted.

free flight = all modes
dedicated server = pc.
mission editor.

I'm dreaming.. this is an Arcade game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious? This is ubisoft. You'll get a ****ty SP campaign and some half-assed MP ranking system that starts you off as a private for some ******g reason.

And it'll suck.

Mig-29
08-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TRStealth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by viiiper2006:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cons72:

free flight = all modes
dedicated server = pc.
mission editor.

I'm dreaming.. this is an Arcade game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious? This is ubisoft. You'll get a ****ty SP campaign and some half-assed MP ranking system that starts you off as a private for some ******g reason.

And it'll suck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it wont http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ikharus
08-04-2008, 06:30 AM
What a sad forum... i wanted to say this before but i thought that people would stop whining and *****ing about this after more media got released.oh well...
I've been through many forums before, from which some were both aviation and military themed and i haven't seen such despair, reluctance and hate over a simple game that hasn't even been released yet.
If you've got a bad mood caused by unknown whatever outside factors that doesn't mean that u have to come to these forums and spill it all out whenever u get the chance. There actually are people around here who are waiting for the game and are not interested of your constant ranting and whining. If you cant say anything good or informative then don`t; shut up and hold it for yourself we don't care about your sh!tty so called opinions that are propelled by my lame a s s freedom of speech.
Its just friggin' hilarious to see this whining disease spread so fast and affect the victims so thoroughly !

Mig-29
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by ikharus:
What a sad forum... i wanted to say this before but i thought that people would stop whining and *****ing about this after more media got released.oh well...
I've been through many forums before, from which some were both aviation and military themed and i haven't seen such despair, reluctance and hate over a simple game that hasn't even been released yet.
If you've got a bad mood caused by unknown whatever outside factors that doesn't mean that u have to come to these forums and spill it all out whenever u get the chance. There actually are people around here who are waiting for the game and are not interested of your constant ranting and whining. If you cant say anything good or informative then don`t; shut up and hold it for yourself we don't care about your sh!tty so called opinions that are propelled by my lame a s s freedom of speech.
Its just friggin' hilarious to see this whining disease spread so fast and affect the victims so thoroughly !

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

seems to me they don't have anything else to do lol.

maxpontiac
08-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by ikharus:

I was going to ignore this post, but I felt compelled to reply to it. Perhaps it was your hypocritical approach.

I seriously urge you to remove yourself from your high horse, and come to an understanding on what a video game official site is all about.

It's about people voicing their concerns, praises, complaints, etc.

While I disagree with the manner some of the people have initiated in, they still have a voice to be heard. You may consider this type of opinion a waste of time, but those who took the time to register and post, they could feel it rather important. If anything, you could fault some of these members for lack of tact.

However, you should be DISGUSTED by the lack of customer support on this website. For that is the real atrocity. As a small business owner, I realize that taking care of my consumers is job ONE. That entails listening to every complaint whether it is warranted or not. Why? Because I want their business. BOTTOM LINE.

The dev team could end nearly EVERY complaint if they would just bother to speak to us.

So, excuse me while I laugh at YOUR holier then thou complaint of people complaining, for it is the definition of ignorance!!

WhiteKnight77
08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
What do I want from a video game? Well, I will tell ya. i want someting that makes me think. I want something that challenges me. I want something with realistic behaviors (this includes physics). Most of all, something with realistic environs. While HAWX appears to have some of that, I do not see all of that. No sane fighter pilot would be flying at near Mach 1 or more between the buildings in a city. This alone screams arcade game. This is another way to save me a few bills and look forward to spending it elsewhere, just not Ubi.

Now some of you have stated that you want a flight sim type game for your consoles, but as far as sims go, I do not think many of you would want to spend the 20 minutes or so programming the FMC or just hauling pax and trash as done in civilian aircraft for hours.

Sure Ubi is in the business to make money, but the irony is, they bought a company created by someone who brought depth to video games (see an earlier post). They also have released some of the most intense games to such niche markets as flight sims (and a really hardcore one at that with Lock On) not to mention submarine/naval combat sims. So Ubi is capable of delivering games that are aimed at a niche market.

One other thing. RSE forced Clancy to write R6. Notice that there are parts of the book that is different from the game, especially the endings.

WhiteKnight77
08-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by maxpontiac:
The dev teams could end nearly EVERY complaint if they would just release complete games that do not require patching of major bugs.

Fixed.

ZX3-HOSTILE
08-08-2008, 07:14 AM
WhiteKnight77 "Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community"
Some Very Smart Words http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

RawKryptonite
08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
WhiteKnight77 "Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community...that pays for access to that community"

Fixed.

WhiteKnight77
08-08-2008, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WhiteKnight77 "Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community...that pays for access to that community"

Fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are mistaken.

RawKryptonite
08-09-2008, 08:04 AM
So they opened up the "donators forum"? That's good to hear. It was ridiculous for a game company that needs to spread the word about it's game to have a separate forum and charge people to access it. Glad they aren't really that short on funds.

WhiteKnight77
08-09-2008, 01:23 PM
You misunderstand about donators. The community asked how they could donate to BFS as a way to show appreciation and help out. BFS has never asked a gamer for money unless they had a solid product to sell, such as the t-shirts of which I have 3.

I elected to donate to BFS as I believe in them and the product they are developing. I do not care if it gets put to buying coffee or paperclips as long as the money BFS needs to develop the game gets put there instead of items that do not directly releate to development resources (software, licenses or hardware). Yes, the donators forums is still only open to people who have donated, but that is a small perk to those who have done so of their own free will and means.

Word still gets out about BFS and GB and new members join every day.

The funny thing is, many people who donate are the very gamers who were part of the base of gamers Ubi had when they bought RSE. This is how badly Ubi has disillusioned gamers. These gamers would have bought future games from Ubi but I do not see them doing so any more.

RawKryptonite
08-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Hate to continue hijacking my own thread, but I've never heard of a developer taking donations for access to part of their forum; regardless of their size. Taking donations for any reason just seems low class to me. Put out the product if you can, but gamers pay the price of admission by buying a game--not paying for an enthusiast forum. Most especially not prior to the games release at that. It's cheap and capitalizing on a few peoples' good will and enthusiasm.
I play a few flight sims put out by small companies, but I've yet to see any charge for access to any forums.
I don't fault the donators--I think that's very generous on your part. I fault the people who accept the donations rather than saying "thank you for your support, but that's not necessary. Just buy our game when it's out and if you like it please tell others about it. Thanks for being part of our community before the game is even out."

WhiteKnight77
08-09-2008, 08:02 PM
The donators forum was opened after donations were first accepted. They were not there beforehand. No one has to donate, it's all a choice to if one so chooses. If one does donate, there are a few perks for doing so, but again, no one is asked to donate. I would donate to other studios if in the same boat as long as it were a studio developing a game in the genre I am interested in. Again, BFS has never asked anyone to donate, not once and honestly, they were apprehensive in accepting it, but the community insisted. BFS relented and uses the funds as I mentioned earlier. None of it goes for game development resources.

RawKryptonite
08-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Just an FYI to all the new members that have joined the forums the last few months.

We have a special forum that only donators can see.

There's a lot of insider information straight from john and the devs that isn't always revealed out here in the general forum. And all game information and development progress is revealed in there before it goes public.

So if you'd like to to get in on all the insider info on what's happening with BFS and Ground Branch, consider becoming a donator.

I can definately confirm you won't regret it. Especially right now, when there's a ton of new announcements going on behind the scenes.

See you there!

Seems to me that being a member of the site in general should put you in that kind of group without paying. It's pretty extraordinary for a company that hasn't directly put out a game to have the support that this one has. To create another echelon like that, dependent on donations to get access to, is a slap in the face of people who signed up there to show support. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

I wish them the best in the game and hope their game is successful. I just hope they'll come to their senses and step up in professionalism with public relations. Accepting donations--to a private, for-profit company mind you--is irresponsible, unless they're being made shareholders in return.

maxpontiac
08-10-2008, 11:25 AM
What is BFS and Ground Branch?

WhiteKnight77
08-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by maxpontiac:
What is BFS and Ground Branch?

Stop by and check it out. It is a game that will be unlike any other game created. There is a link in my sig.

RK, yes, there are perks for donating. I can't help it if you think the way you do, but as I said, you are mistaken. This also isn't the place to talk about it. If you wish, drop by the forums and tell John what you think of BFS accepting donations. I am sure he would like to hear your thoughts.

krise_madsen
08-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Seems to me that being a member of the site in general should put you in that kind of group without paying. It's pretty extraordinary for a company that hasn't directly put out a game to have the support that this one has. To create another echelon like that, dependent on donations to get access to, is a slap in the face of people who signed up there to show support. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

I wish them the best in the game and hope their game is successful. I just hope they'll come to their senses and step up in professionalism with public relations. Accepting donations--to a private, for-profit company mind you--is irresponsible, unless they're being made shareholders in return.

Aren't you the same Raw Kryptonite as on the BFS forums? If so (and I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh) shouldn't you know better?

As WK said (hi WK http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ), the option to donate was something asked for by the community, and something BFS was somewhat reluctant to do. I doubt the donations even cover their coffee budget so it's not like the community is financing the game. It's mainly a vote of confidence.

To show their appreciation for the moral support that the donations really are, BFS offer a few treats, like getting new info a little sooner than the rest. But it's not like the rest of the community is left in the dark. I don't donate, yet (for a number of reasons), but I certainly have access to plenty of information and ample opportunity to voice my opinion.

Sorry for going off topic there guys. Anyhew, as for HAWX (stupid name BTW), I guess everyone have figured out by now that this is going to be an action shooter, not a flight sim. Hey, it may even be a good one, but it's certainly not the kind of game I'm looking for (not that I'm looking for a hardcore-have-to-press-10-buttons-just-to-start-the-engines kinda flightsim).

More to the point, Blackfoot Studios exemplify the exact opposite of Ubi when it comes to community interaction, i.e. BFS actually listen and talk to you. I can't for the likes of me remember where I found it, but I read an article a while back by a veteran community manager (not Ubi), that listed what to do and not to do in terms of community interaction. And Ubi failed on just about every single point.

Apparently, there was some "restructuring" of the Ubi community management some time ago. The results have been practically zero. And it's not an issue with one or two community managers or moderators. Ubi's lack of understanding for community interaction is systemic and persistent, with no sign of improvement.

Seriously, you guys try visiting the Blackfoot forums and you'll note the difference. For one thing, unnecessarily aggressive whining and screaming isn't allowed. On the other hand, if you have valid criticisms and concerns, the developers will listen to you.

Respectfully

krise madsen

MidlandMonster
10-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by viiiper2006:
I was laughing at most of the replies in this thread, Judging a product based on a video trailer, No Demo, No actual game play. You guys need a life.

Judge it when it is released demo or full, Keep your money in your pocket till then.

I know Nothing is perfect and a new game has the potential to move things forward but shooting it down before you even get to try it is a bit harsh. Ubi are not perfect but they do make some good stuff and if they get this game 80% right then they are on a winner.

The last flight game I played was years ago because of the short life spans & lack of community feedback patching to add the diamond into the play. If this is anything close to the RSE days then that is a winner. Ubi have alot of talent with their group, I'm no fan of theirs but I live in hope they hit the target.

Remember, this is (like they say in the videos and Q&A), this is NO SIM, it is an attempt to marry the best of Sim & realism with fun and excitement. Planes doing 1500 kts or 800 is not a problem for me.
All flight games lack one thing, your not actually in the plane you have no sensation of G or motion, the punch is missing when you throttle up in flight, if they can simulate that effect and sacrifice part of realism I'm only too happy.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt especially seeing there is no actual demo at the moment.

I personally think there too many Sim guys on here wanting the Uber Sim, which this is not.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (no offense meant)

On a lighter note, The graphics (satellite topography) terrain & density of the city scape look great (missing in alot of sims.) The Computer assist on/off looks good too, I'm hoping they make it at least 6 player multiplay , dedicated server option and have high intensity dogfighting, plus options to turn DOWN or OFF the bleep bleep warnings.

viii

Then you write on Aug 26/08:

"Exactly, me money is going south too

OPTIONS OPTIONS

free flight = all modes
dedicated server = pc.
mission editor.

I'm dreaming.. this is an Arcade game"

~
~
~
Way to eat your own words there Viiiper! Looks like you fell flat on your face off that high horse you rode in on!
~
~
~

WhiteKnight77
10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
I went back and read some of the beginning of this thread and noticed that some say that flight sims do not belong on a console. Someone needs to tell Ubi about this as they are releasing iL2: Birds of Prey on at least the X360. It is iL2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles all in one for consoles.

While flight sims are a niche title and is aimed at a smaller market than Tac-Sims, one just has to scroll down through the Forums page here on the Ubi forums to see which games are the most popular. A 7 year old, niche market game, is still selling and is still getting played daily compared to any TC branded game. Even sub sims have a big following at Ubi over their other games. Think about the reasons why those games hold peoples attention over a game like BA or even Vegas.

MidlandMonster
10-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
I went back and read some of the beginning of this thread and noticed that some say that flight sims do not belong on a console. Someone needs to tell Ubi about this as they are releasing iL2: Birds of Prey on at least the X360. It is iL2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles all in one for consoles.

While flight sims are a niche title and is aimed at a smaller market than Tac-Sims, one just has to scroll down through the Forums page here on the Ubi forums to see which games are the most popular. A 7 year old, niche market game, is still selling and is still getting played daily compared to any TC branded game. Even sub sims have a big following at Ubi over their other games. Think about the reasons why those games hold peoples attention over a game like BA or even Vegas.

HERE HERE!

SPEEDY-RED
10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ajaxle:
is that suppost to be a goodd thing????

MrRandom004
10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SPEEDY-RED:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajaxle:
is that suppost to be a goodd thing???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

considering the amazing leap that was Blazing Angels to Blazing Angels 2, the fact that they were both budget titles, this has a lot more funding and the multiplayer in Blazing Angels 2, Yes it is a good thing

MidlandMonster
10-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Here's a quote from aWikipedia Article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Rainbow_Six)that I think rings true here....

"The first game (Rainbow Six) was developed by Red Storm Entertainment, while the novel was being written. The game later spawned a number of sequels and expansion packs. Red Storm was later acquired by Ubisoft, who currently develops and publishes the games. Mobile phone versions of the game are developed and published by Gameloft.

Rainbow Six and its sequels defined the tactical shooter genre, forcing players to focus more time and effort on stealth, teamwork, and tactics rather than on sheer firepower. With some of the more recent releases; however, the game has taken on more of a "mainstream" first-person shooter approach in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience by moving away from the tactical planning aspect that made the game popular in the first place. This is due to several factors, the most prominent being the buy out of Clancy-owned Red Storm Entertainment by Ubisoft Entertainment. Though Tom Clancy has no say in the content of the more recent games, Ubisoft Entertainment insists on continuing the use of his name on all former Clancy-owned franchises (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell) as well as using his name on projects that he was never involved in at all (End War, HAWX) in an attempt to lure in the tactical fans who have long-since abandoned those series."

Ya.... I won't be one of those fans lured back. My bucks are going else where, Ubi Soft has really **** the bed on this one....

Lampshade111
12-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Did any of you guys play Janes USAF years ago?

The game should be like that in terms of realism, not insanely realistic like Lock On, but a good mix.

Robert-0137
12-23-2008, 06:30 AM
The video looks like its a gundam fighter with an awfull physics engine. At least from what i can tell you'll be able to use flares.

Mig-29
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Lampshade111:
Did any of you guys play Janes USAF years ago?

The game should be like that in terms of realism, not insanely realistic like Lock On, but a good mix.

I played Jane's USAF. It dull as hell. Planes are so sluggish.

The Ace Combat approach which the devs are using is much better. With more fluid controls and more ammo.

Spartas-Julius
12-23-2008, 10:52 AM
This game is brought by the makers of blazing angels??.....I am definitely buying it used....

BTR74
12-23-2008, 01:08 PM
wow, I didn't know people were already tearing this game apart based on demo videos.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

xxxleninxxx
12-23-2008, 02:25 PM
reminds me of a certain TC game... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

forhonorblows
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
They dont have the beautiful lies to cushion them.

xxxleninxxx
12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
i am convinced that deplater is actually a sack of bricks.

forhonorblows
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
When I won the game they sent me a metal case for Endwar and on the cover it said "See you on TOW - Mike DP" (Which I just realized is a great porn name) and when I opened it up there was no disk. I was sitting there going "WTF?"

For some reason I got the game, along with some others in another package the next day.

xxxleninxxx
12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
lol thats hilarious.

REPREHENSIBLE
02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Please, HAWX dev team, you have to listen...PLEASE!!
There is still time, I feel quite confident that everyone who played the demo on XBOX360 last night would be FINE if you pushed the release date back until like, November or something, so you can redeem this title.

You have to remember, you are selling games to ADULTS. We are the kids who started this video-game thing, and now we are fully grown people. We are the first generation whose children have to pry the controller out of our hands to get a crack at the console.

This "Wide-Angle-Omni-Directional-I-Don't-Know-Why-I'm-In-A-UFO" viewpoint is literally one of the most insulting assaults ever layed on me by a video game title. The fact that the mission wouldn't let me CHANGE it was like you were just wiping it on my face. I felt seriously violated.

I'd hope the control scheme is fixed for the real release, but I doubt that as well, you mean we CAN'T use our right thumb to control the attitude of the aircraft, WTFIGOH!?!?!

I was ready for a console LOMAC, only maybe even better. You just can't seriously release this. Your ground textures are actually pretty nice...what a waste!!

My friends and I were hoping for take-off/landing. What's the point of an air mission if you don't have to return and safely land? So after the last "bogey" is killed and you bounce to the mission-completed screen you can feel like a 4-year-old bobbling into the living room from the bathroom..."Look Mommy! I Wiped My Own ***!"

Seriously, come on. You know it's not done. You know it. Don't just slap the compiled game disc on the shelf and pull your chin back and smirk with some ignorant expression of empty success. You're doing it wrong.

Why leave something out? You're UBISOFT!!! We're almost all of us still here because of YOU. And you let us down completely now. EndWar was a disgrace. Even the last SC was kind of stupid.

HEY!!! VP or EVP or whoever's in charge...Just hold up for a second. It's okay to admit that this isn't working. Our money will still be here in November if you're willing to push the release back. That's the only thing that can save you now.

If you release this as is, then what's next? Are you guys going to add insult to injury and **** up the next Rainbow 6? Because that's what it looks like...

Adnihilis
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
While I have voiced my concerns with this title before, I also find it funny that the majority of people clamoring for "depth, realism, quality," etc. probably have lower standards for the books, music and film they're a fan of. People will look down on this title as "too archade'ish, therefore too dumbed down," but I find the vast majority of all the things in popular culture to be just that: too dumbed down. Sub-par quality in the music you're familiar with, the books you read (IF you read), the movies you watch. Adults reading Harry Potter, Michael Bey and Jerry Bruckheimer being as successful off you as they are, and Katy Perry or Coldplay winning a damn Grammy.... Seriously, when you start demanding quality there, then I'll understand why you feel disgusted here.

And...end scene.

Legionnaire-Dan
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM

This is not good.

I have said it, and I'll say it again, UBI don't give a F...K about your opinion or ours. They ONLY give a F...K for sure at one thing and one thing ONLY, your money man.

Now that they are rich they don't F...K...G care. Man they put out cheap and low budget games, and us like ******* idiot we buy there games. EA rocks now UBI stinks. Usually a company will get better and better, years after years, part of the learning process. UBI is doing the contrary, getting worse, wow what a learning process they are in.

Why should I and you guys respect them, cause they don't give a S..T about what we are thinking.

UBI is Doomed it's a matter of time if they what to stay competitive with companies like EA, to mention ONLY that one.

Shame om you UBI

Husky7272
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
man, why r there so many negitive comments about a demo? i havent played it yet tho cuz i own a ps3. they can always come out w/ updates to improve the game.

BTR74
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Its really not bad at all, these people are just being a bunch of babies

Adnihilis
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Katy Perry won a Grammy.

thelatestmodel
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Its really not bad at all

Yes, yes it is. I only signed up so that I could post about how bad this game is shaping up to be.

Visually, it looks fantastic. But whoever is responsible for the rest of the game ought to be ashamed. It really makes me sad to think of all the effort that went into this - it's really an insult to anyone who wants to play a flying game, whether it's an arcade game or a sim.

Husky7272
02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BTR74:

for all of those people that are just going to post here just to complain about a demo shouldent even be here. if your not buying the game, go to a different website and bash a game worth bashing.

BTR74
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by thelatestmodel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Its really not bad at all

Yes, yes it is. I only signed up so that I could post about how bad this game is shaping up to be.

Visually, it looks fantastic. But whoever is responsible for the rest of the game ought to be ashamed. It really makes me sad to think of all the effort that went into this - it's really an insult to anyone who wants to play a flying game, whether it's an arcade game or a sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another one? Jesus christ, where are these trolls coming from??

xxxthatcherxxx
02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
under the bridge

Adnihilis
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Husky7272:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTR74:

for all of those people that are just going to post here just to complain about a demo shouldent even be here. if your not buying the game, go to a different website and bash a game worth bashing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, what you're saying is, "Only agree with us. If you dislike something, do not express it. Freedom does not allow you to dissent."

I know you want to live in a fluffy world where everything is alright and no one takes issue with anything...whatsoever...but reality just isn't like that. And, considering we don't live in a fascist state, we have the privilege to say what we think. Besides, if you shun negative criticism, then whatever you're talking about won't likely improve according to popular demand.

But, if you like the whole "sheep" mentality....

xxxthatcherxxx
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Adnihilis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Husky7272:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTR74:

for all of those people that are just going to post here just to complain about a demo shouldent even be here. if your not buying the game, go to a different website and bash a game worth bashing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, what you're saying is, "Only agree with us. If you dislike something, do not express it. Freedom does not allow you to dissent."

I know you want to live in a fluffy world where everything is alright and no one takes issue with anything...whatsoever...but reality just isn't like that. And, considering we don't live in a fascist state, we have the privilege to say what we think. Besides, if you shun negative criticism, then whatever you're talking about won't likely improve according to popular demand.

But, if you like the whole "sheep" mentality.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>free tibet! lol

Legionnaire-Dan
02-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by REPREHENSIBLE:
Please, HAWX dev team, you have to listen...PLEASE!!
There is still time, I feel quite confident that everyone who played the demo on XBOX360 last night would be FINE if you pushed the release date back until like, November or something, so you can redeem this title.

You have to remember, you are selling games to ADULTS. We are the kids who started this video-game thing, and now we are fully grown people. We are the first generation whose children have to pry the controller out of our hands to get a crack at the console.

This "Wide-Angle-Omni-Directional-I-Don't-Know-Why-I'm-In-A-UFO" viewpoint is literally one of the most insulting assaults ever layed on me by a video game title. The fact that the mission wouldn't let me CHANGE it was like you were just wiping it on my face. I felt seriously violated.

I'd hope the control scheme is fixed for the real release, but I doubt that as well, you mean we CAN'T use our right thumb to control the attitude of the aircraft, WTFIGOH!?!?!

I was ready for a console LOMAC, only maybe even better. You just can't seriously release this. Your ground textures are actually pretty nice...what a waste!!

My friends and I were hoping for take-off/landing. What's the point of an air mission if you don't have to return and safely land? So after the last "bogey" is killed and you bounce to the mission-completed screen you can feel like a 4-year-old bobbling into the living room from the bathroom..."Look Mommy! I Wiped My Own ***!"

Seriously, come on. You know it's not done. You know it. Don't just slap the compiled game disc on the shelf and pull your chin back and smirk with some ignorant expression of empty success. You're doing it wrong.

Why leave something out? You're UBISOFT!!! We're almost all of us still here because of YOU. And you let us down completely now. EndWar was a disgrace. Even the last SC was kind of stupid.

HEY!!! VP or EVP or whoever's in charge...Just hold up for a second. It's okay to admit that this isn't working. Our money will still be here in November if you're willing to push the release back. That's the only thing that can save you now.

If you release this as is, then what's next? Are you guys going to add insult to injury and **** up the next Rainbow 6? Because that's what it looks like...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU REPREHENSIBLE, AND UBISOFT IF THIS GAME IS A SUCCESS THINK ABOUT THE MILLIONS YOU GET, HUMMMMMM, MIAM, MIAM SO GET THIS DAMM GAME ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

ILHSA
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
its not bad at all. there ****ed off cause they werent great right away. if it's like AC6 u same babies would be crying "why pay money for the same game" UBI- pay no mind to these lames. Asst off is different and take about 5-10 min to figure out how it works after that your good. If you havent played the demo. block there haters out and see for yourself. asst on only players will be owned by asst off only players. those help me i cant fly triangles wont help you

Legionnaire-Dan
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ILHSA:
its not bad at all. there ****ed off cause they werent great right away. if it's like AC6 u same babies would be crying "why pay money for the same game" UBI- pay no mind to these lames. Asst off is different and take about 5-10 min to figure out how it works after that your good. If you havent played the demo. block there haters out and see for yourself. asst on only players will be owned by asst off only players. those help me i cant fly triangles wont help you

IT TAKES A ****ING LAME *** LIKE YOU TO KNOW ANOTHER LAME *** LIKE US, PUNK. SO STFU PUNK.

thelatestmodel
02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I have played the demo, and I thought it was terrible. I absolutely hated it.

The thing is, I love flying games, whether they're sims or arcade games. Ace Combat, Sega Strike Fighter, Falcon 4, Lock-On, you name it. I was even a play tester for F18 Super Hornet on PC.

I am perfectly qualified to give an opinion on HAWX, and my opinion is that it's just not a very good game.

BTR74
02-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Legionnaire-Dan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ILHSA:

IT TAKES A ****ING LAME *** LIKE YOU TO KNOW ANOTHER LAME *** LIKE US, PUNK. SO STFU PUNK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I THINK YOU SHOULD TURN OFF UR CAPS LOCKS

Adnihilis
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by thelatestmodel:
I have played the demo, and I thought it was terrible. I absolutely hated it.

The thing is, I love flying games, whether they're sims or arcade games. Ace Combat, Sega Strike Fighter, Falcon 4, Lock-On, you name it. I was even a play tester for F18 Super Hornet on PC.

I am perfectly qualified to give an opinion on HAWX, and my opinion is that it's just not a very good game.

If anyone's opinion has any weight to it, yours, sir, does.

eaglex72
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Hoping the game flops simply because you dislike some of the features is a little selfish, no?

If anything, we should be hoping it does well, this way they get the 'OK' to work on and release a sequel, which would undoubtedly fix the issues that people find with the first one.

Why would you want to begrudge future installments just because you disagree with some of the decisions made in the first?

I'm hoping it sells well enough so that they create a sequel with improvements, and more options and features.

Flightsimguy
02-13-2009, 01:34 AM
If it does well then obviously they have done everything correctly and should not change any of the game mechanics in a potential sequel. Is the logic of my statement flawed? I, for one, do not hope that this game flops, but I do not want this to become a standard that everyone expects when they see a flight combat game. It is not bad that games like this are made, but there is almost a complete lack of a more realistic alternative on any platform, atleast one that is not out of date. Maybe if more realistic games were made, then that is what people would expect, and it might not be so niche anymore. Markets should be cultivated, not ignored and allowed to wither.

RIP Microsoft Aces and MSFS, the best series ever made.

ILHSA
02-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Legionnaire-Dan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ILHSA:

IT TAKES A ****ING LAME *** LIKE YOU TO KNOW ANOTHER LAME *** LIKE US, PUNK. SO STFU PUNK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Or you'll do what? haha your a internet thug. awwww!!! run dans typing runnnnnnn!!!!

oALIK4
02-13-2009, 03:20 AM
any negative comment within the last 8 pages is bias to "flight simulation." the developing team has in no previous press release, youtube video or any form of PR established that this game was going to be a "combat oriented flight simulator"...

that said, stop complaining and get over yourself; because like someone previously said...UBI isn't marketing to your audience, you're to small; you're just gonna have to face reality and get your *** beat by trigger happy RC plane simulator fanatics because that's all assistance off in it's essence...truly is.

PoetSaskia
02-13-2009, 07:31 AM
TC I think your first post is excellent and I would encourage you to keep posting until Ubisoft addresses some of these issues, specifically the atrocious "asistance off" camera view.

REPREHENSIBLE
02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I love the parts of the demo where I'd be in a split-S to come around for a missile lock and I'd see the aircraft break the sound barrier!!!! And then, as I was coming around, two seconds later, I would BREAK the SOUND BARRIER again!!!! I just LOVE to break the sound barrier in a dogfight!! SO REALISTIC!!! Suspension of Disbelief at this point is a tenuous concept. I have problems with the fact that the airframe was intact after I continued to rocket through the F-ing shockwave of my own ballistic velocity while in a spastic battle with the other alien fighters which can maintain their structural integrity while defying the laws of conventional physics.

But not to worry...I have BRAKES (for 2 seconds) which slow my fighter down from 1300 km/h to 900 km/h.

Question, why isn't the L-R trigger function just a sliding throttle? Would it have been so hard to make this game something other than a super-hyped and rather nicer-looking version of "Afterburner"?

When those of you post to tell us how stupid we are for complaining, I can't help but imagine the dreamy look in your eyes as you play a game which should otherwise be titled "Independence Day Alien Conflict BATTLE ZONE from SPACE!!!" So you're telling me, when something like this gets released under the premise of being relatively modern-day aerial combat, you buy it for even a second? BRAKES!?!?!? Wait just a second....BRAKES?!?!?!?! I know about the presence of airbrakes, but you know you can (on this game) brake to a COMPLETE STALL in like 4 seconds?

Were the code-writers breaking up their busy day of programming with little secret interludes of f-ing BLUES CLUES?!?!

While you complain about us complaining, and otherwise beef up the ludicrous example that the game's dev team are in the right, remember that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Is Tom Clancy even involved in this game, or does he just get to see it afterwards for free? He is one of the most attentive purveyors of detail and accuracy, almost exhaustively so. After the first time he sees the splatter they made of his game, do you think he vomits straight-out, or do you think he downs a bottle of 17-yr old scotch, retreats to bed and quietly twitches himself to sleep?

Adnihilis
02-13-2009, 04:08 PM
After the first time he sees the splatter they made of his game, do you think he vomits straight-out, or do you think he downs a bottle of 17-yr old scotch, retreats to bed and quietly twitches himself to sleep?

Or maybe he's just happy with the paycheck Ubisoft writes out to him.

MaverickAnGoose
02-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I should have known this would happen, i have been waiting years for a good online flight sim/shooter to come out on the PS3... actually, i have waited since the early days of the PS2! And along comes one with everything i want... and by the sounds of it some things i dont! i hav'nt played the demo yet so i cant comment too much, but if the game forces me to use either assistance or some whacky hubble telescope fixed view, i will not buy it... i just hope when i eventually manage to get a demo its ok.