PDA

View Full Version : no ping meter?

mars_one
03-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Let me just start off by saying i really like this game. when i first joined a room, i noticed the three little dots that show all the players current connections are missing.
I saw that theres three dots at the top left of the lobby screen, im assuming those are for the room's connection and not mine.
Now lately ive been in some games where the hit detection is was way off, i would be shooting at a guy and nothing would happen,i chalked it up to lag no biggie. but my question is,is there away to find out what my ping is when i get into a room? or if im hosting a room, how do i know if someone in my room is lagging or has a bad connection? i dont wanna feel like im rolling the dice when i go into a room and have to find out mid game that my bullets are registering late or not at all and then have to leave and go find another room.

mars_one
03-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Let me just start off by saying i really like this game. when i first joined a room, i noticed the three little dots that show all the players current connections are missing.
I saw that theres three dots at the top left of the lobby screen, im assuming those are for the room's connection and not mine.
Now lately ive been in some games where the hit detection is was way off, i would be shooting at a guy and nothing would happen,i chalked it up to lag no biggie. but my question is,is there away to find out what my ping is when i get into a room? or if im hosting a room, how do i know if someone in my room is lagging or has a bad connection? i dont wanna feel like im rolling the dice when i go into a room and have to find out mid game that my bullets are registering late or not at all and then have to leave and go find another room.

slowrider
03-20-2008, 12:05 AM
The Dots you see in the lobby is your ping. Unless you are the host, then you don't see any dots.

This is a major problem in my opinion. When playing the first Vegas you had to make sure everyone was showing ping before you launched the game. If a player doesn't have ping when the game is launched he will not have ping for the entire game, this will cause hit recognition problems, this does not effect the host and thats why the host never cares if there is ping or not.

Please fix this with a patch, how are we supposed to have fair clan matches? Red dot players are much harder to kill than green dots, yellow dots are also harder to kill.

Zeims
03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
This is the issue I will sign! Please tell us are you trying to solve this issue... don't say we have nat/firewall problems like usually.