PDA

View Full Version : I need Help

IceWolf_Awde
11-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I have full merged patched game working
however I am getting a 30 to 45 second delay after I press game buttons , especially after running a mission ,the game frezzes.
rather annoying and time consuming

can anyone tell what the problem is? and how to fix it ?

ATI 9800 card ,256k ram ,little over 2mhz processor speed

Kuna15
11-07-2005, 01:47 PM
I presume you get long freezes after you click on "Quit Mission" and green "Apply" button after campaign mission. Those takes their time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (for me I have to wait a few seconds for next screen to appear).

Possible solution -- turn off your antivirus/firewall/other security programs. They will eat up your resources. Also turn off all uneccesary programs.
Apart from that if you upgrade your machine to 1GB RAM you will see noticeable difference (I know, unfortunately this advice requires $$).

Last thing what are your in game settings (do you use perfect landscape, what resolution do you use etc.)?

IceWolf_Awde
11-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I use 1024 x 768
setting are at excellent
game runs well
I'll try disabling the firewall

han freak solo
11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I agree, more RAM is a worthy addition for this game.

Even with my 1GB of RAM I get a delay of about 10-20 seconds after hitting the "apply" button.

EyeoftheChicken
11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
hope this helps, did for me. Methinks it should be a topic of its own, possibly an entire forum.rad (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051107/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_cheerleaders_arrested)

ElAurens
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
You barely have enough ram to run XP by itself.

2 gigs is new best, be sure.

Tully__
11-08-2005, 08:40 PM
When you quit a mission the game has to analyse the mission log before displaying results... takes a little while. Similarly when flying campaigns, after you press Apply the game has to generate the next campaign mission based on the results of the current one. Again it takes time.

More memory will help. A gigabyte or more should do.