PDA

View Full Version : Why

GarryGaffla
05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Why are there so many crying nerdy babies on here?

Everybody on here just complains and argues about anything(Even me right now, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif). You all need to relax about this game, and go outside every once in a while. I'm even seeing people argue over the definition of "Pro gamers", and it gets heated and personal. Are you serious? Are you guys reading what you post at all?

Anyway, party people, let me share my opinions and school you on a few things...

1) Stop whining about the respawns in team deathmatch, please. No matter how much you complain, it doesn't look like they are going to change it. So, I just want offer my condolences to you campers that don't know how to communicate with a mic and are now having trouble with you k/d ratio. I would hug each and every one of you if I could. Just let it go.

2) Stop whining about the stats of the guns. Of course they are going to be off. It's a game, remember? Off the top of my head, I can't think of a current game with more accurate gun stats and characteristics than this, can you? ... didn't think so.

3) All you that tout Raven Shield as the greatest tactical shooter known to man, and b!tch and moan about anything you can find on R6V2, I just want to say, go back to Raven Shield. We get it that you are God's gift to tactical shooters, and we know how you feel about R6V2. So, make everybody happy, and go back and play that instead. The Rainbow series is moving directions, whilst trying to keep a tactical element to it. Deal with it, or move on.

4) Stop demanding your money back. Lean here a little closer. I have a secret to share, a little closer... YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK! Your attempts at class action law suits are futile. Do you think you are the first person to not like a game they paid money for? I'm sorry, but if you expected anything else than what you got from this, after all the gameplay videos and rumors before it's release, that's your fault, not Ubi's.

That's about all I've got for now. I'm sure I will come up with more, but in closing, stop whining.

P.S. Pro = Getting paid to do what you do, end of story. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Flaaaaammmming, begin!

GhostDance.2000
05-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Re #2: ArmA?

rogue_hart
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
How ironic. Take your own advice and stop moaning. Let others say what ever they want.

I rarely come hear to moan about rainbow six but i have a right to moan as it was one of the first games I played on the pc and the series was my favorite up until they moved there focus to the console.

GarryGaffla
05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by rogue_hart:
How ironic. Take your own advice and stop moaning. Let others say what ever they want.

Wow, thanks for the observation, but I mentioned that myself in my first paragrapgh. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm all for other's saying what they want, but when it gets to the point of beating a dead hoarse, it becomes tiresome. I figured I could help a few peoples' stress levels out while I was at it.

AlmightyMike
05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I like beating a dead hoarse (whatever that is), it makes me feel uber and it adds significantly to my allready HUGE E-peen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Cons72
05-19-2008, 01:04 PM
2) Stop whining about the stats of the guns. Of course they are going to be off. It's a game, remember? Off the top of my head, I can't think of a current game with more accurate gun stats and characteristics than this, can you? ... didn't think so.

LOL! I think you just "schooled" yourself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Maybe by "current," you are limiting selection to games released in 2008? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

GarryGaffla
05-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Cons72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) Stop whining about the stats of the guns. Of course they are going to be off. It's a game, remember? Off the top of my head, I can't think of a current game with more accurate gun stats and characteristics than this, can you? ... didn't think so.

LOL! I think you just "schooled" yourself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Maybe by "current," you are limiting selection to games released in 2008? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe so. I'm not big on PC games. I'm a 360 guy(Ohhhh noeeeez). So, I'm sure you guys will find some obscure pc game that 6 people play to prove me wrong.

Cons72
05-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by GarryGaffla:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cons72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) Stop whining about the stats of the guns. Of course they are going to be off. It's a game, remember? Off the top of my head, I can't think of a current game with more accurate gun stats and characteristics than this, can you? ... didn't think so.

Maybe by "current," you are limiting selection to games released in 2008? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe so. I'm not big on PC games. I'm a 360 guy(Ohhhh noeeeez). So, I'm sure you guys will find some obscure pc game that 6 people play to prove me wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am also a 360 gamer, but if allowed to go back to last year or even to the xbox, there are several games that I think were better than the Vegas series for weapon handling and reflection on actual capabilities.

I also wasn't aware that "obscurity," also was a disallowing factor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

REV1Z
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rogue_hart:

Wow, thanks for the observation, but I mentioned that myself in my first paragrapgh. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm all for other's saying what they want, but when it gets to the point of beating a dead hoarse, it becomes tiresome. I figured I could help a few peoples' stress levels out while I was at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said it before, I'll say it again, there is nothing worse than a whiner whining about whiners, You like wasting money of **** thats your prefrence

nkorfhage
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey Garry. I agree with most of what you said about people complaining about gameplay. Personally my complaints are about technical troubleshooting of the game and not particularly game play except for the random spawn system in T-hunt. You have to admit that a tango spawning directly behind you can't be good even if you choose to see the glass as half full for any video game. My expectations were that at least the looping gun sound should have been fixed since the last vegas. And that we could at least get consistent ping display in server browser. I can't think of any other game that doesn't support ping display. But yes the complaining is getting a bit much and if we don't back off at least a little then perhaps Ubi will stop developing for the PC altogether?
I also think that developers need to develop PC title seperate form the 360. Porting a game from the 360 might save money,but there are almost always huge glitches on PC when this is the case. Anyway hang in there and keep enjoying the game.

PauloG.v2k4
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Your interpretation that it is a game and yes if the weapons were "realistic" in a sense it can be unbalanced is correct.

Being a "tactical shooter", the weapons within the game are fairly wacky and unbalanced if you look at it bluntly. There are far too many strange choices of weapons to put in rather CQB style game, especially the Light-Machine-Guns. [which are COMPLETELY unrealistic in this game]

The PEC system can also be looked at in this arguement. You can pick your armor? why would a operative want to wear a RIOT suit? or look like that strange Splinter Cell guy. Its like the arguement about the Dragon Skin for our troops, they are assigned what they are assigned at the end of the day. Hey this dont mean i dont like the PEC, in essence its the gamey feature i like

The idea im trying to get at, theres always an amount of room for "gamey" elements and room for "tactics", this game, as pointed out by 5 million billion posts does not have any tactics, thats why everyone is complaining

GarryGaffla
05-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Cons72:

I also wasn't aware that "obscurity," also was a disallowing factor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

It's not, just saying I haven't been exposed to anything on the 360 that does any better.

REV1Z, I'm sorry you find the game a waste of money, but like I said, after the rumors and many in game videos that were out before the games release, if you feel you were duped, that's your fault, not Ubi's. And I'm not necessarily whining, just here to help you people with your pipe dreams of getting your money back and that I and many others get the fact that Raven Shield is where R6 should have staid. We get it. The incessant griping is beating a dead hoarse. We all understand you're mad and not going to take it because your team can't camp anymore in team deathmatch. So, tell me the point of keeping up the complaining when they clearly aren't going to do anything? Great, you're mad at Ubi and aren't going to buy anything else they offer, awesome. Now go away, and let the rest of us who like the game enjoy it. Unless it's conectivity issues, t-hunt respawns and other technical problems, there's no need for so many of the same posts. It's already been seen and ignored. Is another post going to make a difference?

Yes, I agree, the T-hunt spawning can be very frustrating, same with the machine gun loop. But to me the good outweighs the bad in the rest of the game. I can't speak on the PC version, for I have not played it. In short, Im with you on the technical gripes. I just don't feel for the campers that can't figure out how to use a mic and meet up with the rest of their team during team deathmatch.

Lethal1940
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Why are there so many crying nerdy babies on here?

Everybody on here just complains and argues about anything(Even me right now, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif). You all need to relax about this game, and go outside every once in a while. I'm even seeing people argue over the definition of "Pro gamers", and it gets heated and personal. Are you serious? Are you guys reading what you post at all?

Anyway, party people, let me share my opinions and school you on a few things...

1) Stop whining about the respawns in team deathmatch, please. No matter how much you complain, it doesn't look like they are going to change it. So, I just want offer my condolences to you campers that don't know how to communicate with a mic and are now having trouble with you k/d ratio. I would hug each and every one of you if I could. Just let it go.

3) All you that tout Raven Shield as the greatest tactical shooter known to man, and b!tch and moan about anything you can find on R6V2, I just want to say, go back to Raven Shield. We get it that you are God's gift to tactical shooters, and we know how you feel about R6V2. So, make everybody happy, and go back and play that instead. The Rainbow series is moving directions, whilst trying to keep a tactical element to it. Deal with it, or move on.

4) Stop demanding your money back. Lean here a little closer. I have a secret to share, a little closer... YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK! Your attempts at class action law suits are futile. Do you think you are the first person to not like a game they paid money for? I'm sorry, but if you expected anything else than what you got from this, after all the gameplay videos and rumors before it's release, that's your fault, not Ubi's.

That's about all I've got for now. I'm sure I will come up with more, but in closing, stop whining.

P.S. Pro = Getting paid to do what you do, end of story. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Flaaaaammmming, begin!

Well, no flaming from me!

I know well over 30 very hard core PC gamers, most of whom are well over 30 and very mature.
At least 2 are over 60 and have probably been gaming longer than you have been alive.

Some of us have posted very legitimate complaints concerning serious issues in the PC version of Vegas 2 that seriously affect game play, or even prevent us from playing several maps. (Or playing the game at all for some)

I believe anyone has the right to post legitimate issues that adversely affect an unfinished game like Vegas 2.
If you can afford to throw away $50 for a game that is nearly unplayable in many aspects .. that's your prerogative.
Most can't!

For the rest of us, we have the right to post the many issues until Ubisoft fixes this game so we get what we payed for!!

Just as you have the right to post your opinion for the way you perceive these posts!!

How will the problems get fixed if they aren't posted for Ubisoft to see??
These forums are basically for posting problems and helping others resolve problems.
Most serious bugs and glitches can't be fixed by the gamer!
For some the frustration shows in many posts.

In case you aren't aware, many of the serious issues that were in the PC version of Vegas 1 and never fixed, have been carried over into Vegas 2.

I admit Vegas 2 could be a very good game if all issues are fixed, and I don't worry about, nor do I post about, the minor issues ... But .. I certainly feel that Ubisoft has an obligation to provide us with a fully finished, playable game and so far we have received no help of any significance!!

It isn't that we don't like the game .. it's that we don't like the many serious problems.
And those are never pointed out by Ubisoft before release.
If fact, Ubisoft never releases a demo so we can test before we buy.

BTW:
I also own a PS3 and several other consoles, but don't use them for FPS.

I love to build high end systems and prefer keyboard and mouse for FPS.
That is my preference and I respect yours and anyone else for whatever platform you/they prefer.

REV1Z
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cons72:

It's not, just saying I haven't been exposed to anything on the 360 that does any better.

REV1Z, I'm sorry you find the game a waste of money, but like I said, after the rumors and many in game videos that were out before the games release, if you feel you were duped, that's your fault, not Ubi's. And I'm not necessarily whining, just here to help you people with your pipe dreams of getting your money back and that I and many others get the fact that Raven Shield is where R6 should have staid. We get it. The incessant griping is beating a dead hoarse. We all understand you're mad and not going to take it because your team can't camp anymore in team deathmatch. So, tell me the point of keeping up the complaining when they clearly aren't going to do anything? Great, you're mad at Ubi and aren't going to buy anything else they offer, awesome. Now go away, and let the rest of us who like the game enjoy it. Unless it's conectivity issues, t-hunt respawns and other technical problems, there's no need for so many of the same posts. It's already been seen and ignored. Is another post going to make a difference?

Yes, I agree, the T-hunt spawning can be very frustrating, same with the machine gun loop. But to me the good outweighs the bad in the rest of the game. I can't speak on the PC version, for I have not played it. In short, Im with you on the technical gripes. I just don't feel for the campers that can't figure out how to use a mic and meet up with the rest of their team during team deathmatch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually i never bought the game, I was one of the smart one's. specially after seeing the garbage that was letdown and vegass 1.

GarryGaffla
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by REV1Z:

Actually i never bought the game, I was one of the smart one's. specially after seeing the garbage that was letdown and vegass 1.

Then why are you here?

Lethal1940, I'm all for posting complaints about technical issues, as I have stated. I'm commenting on all the "respawn" and "gun stat" posts for the most part.

REV1Z
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by REV1Z:

Then why are you here?

Lethal1940, I'm all for posting complaints about technical issues, as I have stated. I'm commenting on all the "respawn" and "gun stat" posts for the most part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because buying every R6 game up untill this ones gives me the right to be.

GarryGaffla
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by REV1Z:

I'm glad you feel that way, but I was more curious as to why you are here, not what rights you've earned in spending money. Specifically, since you don't own R6V2 and seem to have a distaste for RSV, how does visiting and commenting on the forum of game you don't even plan on owning benefit you? ...aka... Why are you here?

REV1Z
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by REV1Z:

I'm glad you feel that way, but I was more curious as to why you are here, not what rights you've earned in spending money. Specifically, since you don't own R6V2 and seem to have a distaste for RSV, how does visiting and commenting on the forum of game you don't even plan on owning benefit you? ...aka... Why are you here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno because i can? Why are you here just to piss people off? It's of the same relevance.

And actually i was here to warn people with a PC not to buy this game when i started posting here after Vegas1. I'm guessing you must be new to the series?

neilthecellist
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
My grumbles with this game are <span class="ev_code_RED">troubleshooting</span> related, and have nothing to do with actual gameplay. Just getting <span class="ev_code_RED">simple things to work</span> like sound and proper graphics.

With that set aside, let me say this: Previous Rainbow Six games <span class="ev_code_RED">and non-Rainbow Six games too</span> had more <span class="ev_code_GREEN">realistic</span> gun statistics. Oh, and, besides Lockdown, no old Rainbow Six game had a problem with teammate AI getting stuck in walls and stuff...

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">DON'T GET ME WRONG</span>. I like Vegas2 (sort of... kind of.... well, a little.... ok not really). But the fact that the game has so many problems in spite of the game's excellent <span class="ev_code_GREEN">previous</span> reputation is just... pathetic.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Some bugs in Vegas1 were never fixed and were just CARRIED OVER to Vegas2</span>. How do you explain that? Is there a proper explanation for that? Should I not be complaining then, because the error hasn't been fixed?

Cons72
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will agree you won't find a lot for the 360. America's Army:True Soldiers made a good effort, but lots of the game mechanics with movement are just a bit to "clunky" (not fluid enough) for it to have been a great game. Also, it has not received any support form Ubi.

Other than that the GRAW games give the best shot in my opinion.

Really you would have to look back to titles on the Xbox for console comparisons. Americas Army: Rise of a Soldier was probably among the best for weapon realism - in my opinion. The older Ghost Recon and Rainbow games were also much better.

These were all Ubi games oddly enough, which is why people that don't even have Vegas 2 stick around. Because we hope - for whatever that is worth - that Ubi might be convinced to go back to what they used to be doing instead of going in the direction they are going.

If you are new to the franchise, but would like to see what the roots were and what many of us feel were great games, I would suggest getting any of the previous titles that are backward compatible - if you can look past the last gen graphics. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

GSG_9_Rage
05-19-2008, 06:23 PM
And I'm not necessarily whining, just here to help you people with your pipe dreams of getting your money back and that I and many others get the fact that Raven Shield is where R6 should have staid. We get it. The incessant griping is beating a dead hoarse. We all understand you're mad and not going to take it because your team can't camp anymore in team deathmatch. So, tell me the point of keeping up the complaining when they clearly aren't going to do anything? Great, you're mad at Ubi and aren't going to buy anything else they offer, awesome. Now go away, and let the rest of us who like the game enjoy it.

I, as a consumer, have every right to express my opinion as you do. Just like you have the right to praise the game, I have a right to express my concerns with the gameplay. I have not purchased Vegas 2 because I did not feel as if it were a proper sequel to Rainbow Six. I am here because I care about the franchise and the direction of the series.

oODmGOo
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
<span class="ev_code_red">[CONTENT REMOVED]</span>

Want2Snipe
05-19-2008, 07:49 PM
11 posts and already tired of the posting of others. I wonder why that is? I wonder why you are here if you are so happy with the game? why be here when you can be playing countless hours of your favorite game? why bother wasting your time with us whinners? 11 posts and he feels that he owns the place or someone die and made him the King of UbiLand http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BEWAREofZOMBIE
05-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by oODmGOo:
<span class="ev_code_red">[CONTENT REMOVED]</span>
That is funny as H***. Now my sides hurt and I'm crying......what tha

oODmGOo
05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
yeah 11 posts and they are all in this thread....hmmm, smells like maybe an alias for a dev or mod http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

bigrexxx
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM

REV1Z, I'm sorry you find the game a waste of money, but like I said, after the rumors and many in game videos that were out before the games release, if you feel you were duped, that's your fault, not Ubi's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but this statement cannot go unanswered. First, all we had for the PC were rumors, as very little official information was released specifically for the PC, no media, no dev diaries discussing the PC, nothing. the only info we got was some posts on here from level up, but we've been lied to so many times, nobody really believes anything a UBI rep says, at least not until their actions back up what is said, which they haven't in the past.

The media we did see were from the 360, and they did not show lag (considering everyone playing "online" in those vids were most likely in the same room, they did not show the server crashing after every round, they did not show the sound bugs, as most were dubbed over with music anyways, they did not show the player having tangos spawn two feet in front of him, just to get shot, and as the game is contemporary and the last time I looked, we haven't invented stealth like you see in Star Trek. So the appearing tangos remain a major flaw in the game design.

A gaming company isn't going to release game videos that show faults in a game, especially if they are afraid to release a demo, so telling people that they should have known that a game was going to have major technical issues based on company released videos, is well, completely absurd.

oODmGOo
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
thats all very true. In todays day we also have the problem of immoral marketing. Those of us that remain pc gamers have all experienced many hardware and software companies that release bogus reviews to financially needy review sites in order to sway the market.
Another factor is that any reviews you saw prior to actuall release were likely to have been sp mode. I have personally never had any problem in sp mode story or TH, crash or otherwise. Oh yeah, one exeption....late spawning in TH, but thats not gonna sink a ship the way the crash dump file, very fact that it did crash online, and probably worst of all (for pc gamers) is the update to the tdm spawn system.
PC and console are two different worlds with people from two different mindsets, typically. Making the PC games play like console games will only upset the pc community.
Thankfully it doesnt ever crash at all for me since the latest patch, however the tdm spawn issue and a few other SADS related issues bother me to the point where if they arent fixed very soon then im outta fps gaming till something better like OFP2 or Delta force Cuba arrive.
Many of us spend thousands on our systems just to dedicate ourselves to one game.....how p-i-s-s-e-d do you think we are at the moment?

abnegnejs
05-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarryGaffla:
And I'm not necessarily whining, just here to help you people with your pipe dreams of getting your money back and that I and many others get the fact that Raven Shield is where R6 should have staid. We get it. The incessant griping is beating a dead hoarse. We all understand you're mad and not going to take it because your team can't camp anymore in team deathmatch. So, tell me the point of keeping up the complaining when they clearly aren't going to do anything? Great, you're mad at Ubi and aren't going to buy anything else they offer, awesome. Now go away, and let the rest of us who like the game enjoy it.

I, as a consumer, have every right to express my opinion as you do. Just like you have the right to praise the game, I have a right to express my concerns with the gameplay. I have not purchased Vegas 2 because I did not feel as if it were a proper sequel to Rainbow Six. I am here because I care about the franchise and the direction of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

REV1Z
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarryGaffla:

I, as a consumer, have every right to express my opinion as you do. Just like you have the right to praise the game, I have a right to express my concerns with the gameplay. I have not purchased Vegas 2 because I did not feel as if it were a proper sequel to Rainbow Six. I am here because I care about the franchise and the direction of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Well said.

Lethal1940
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Is there even a clear direction for the Rainbow Series??
Except for more bugs, glitches, and programming problems??