PDA

View Full Version : Question about the AI offline

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys
just had a mission offline and got me wondering

can your AI pilots kill a dead plane ?

we were on a transfer mission and I am the Co of II/JG52 flying 109 F2's

angle off as I see the bad guys comeing (Lagg 3's) order the boys to attack and then make a diving turning attack, pick the 3rd guy in line (angle was too tight to go for the 4th) close in point blank, tap trigger, PK, Kewl, roll and pull , and close in one number 2 with a good speed advantage, close in pull trigger and PK, nice, 1 and 4 both spilt S and break off there attacks, I go up and over, catch number 4 and another PK !, as I turn back to the fight, see number 1 is closing in on one of my guys, pull into him, see he is about in range to fire, so fire from longer range then normal and saw his wing off, Good Kill CO

fight is a mess now, the SU attack is broken, so time to finish it off, catch a Lagg 3 diving below me, roll across his path, lead him a bit and PK !!

check the map and fight is over, all the SU are down and most of the Transports are healthy, still got ammo, so I chase the lone Lagg running for home, takes a bit but I catch him, last plane in the fight, so don't have to worry about ammo (LOL still got 15mm's left) get in close and open fire, rip the plane apart and PK !!!

KEWL, got 5 PK's and also sawed the wing off of one of the planes (got the kill statement as soon as the plane broke apart)

end of mission, I got 5 kills, 2 of my guys each have a kill and the SU lost 8 planes

now I got 5 PK's and sawed a wing off for a kill, did the AI shoot down one of the dead planes ????

or maybe it counted it as a crash ????

HARD_Sarge

Message Edited on 07/27/0311:32AM by HARD_Sarge

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys
just had a mission offline and got me wondering

can your AI pilots kill a dead plane ?

we were on a transfer mission and I am the Co of II/JG52 flying 109 F2's

angle off as I see the bad guys comeing (Lagg 3's) order the boys to attack and then make a diving turning attack, pick the 3rd guy in line (angle was too tight to go for the 4th) close in point blank, tap trigger, PK, Kewl, roll and pull , and close in one number 2 with a good speed advantage, close in pull trigger and PK, nice, 1 and 4 both spilt S and break off there attacks, I go up and over, catch number 4 and another PK !, as I turn back to the fight, see number 1 is closing in on one of my guys, pull into him, see he is about in range to fire, so fire from longer range then normal and saw his wing off, Good Kill CO

fight is a mess now, the SU attack is broken, so time to finish it off, catch a Lagg 3 diving below me, roll across his path, lead him a bit and PK !!

check the map and fight is over, all the SU are down and most of the Transports are healthy, still got ammo, so I chase the lone Lagg running for home, takes a bit but I catch him, last plane in the fight, so don't have to worry about ammo (LOL still got 15mm's left) get in close and open fire, rip the plane apart and PK !!!

KEWL, got 5 PK's and also sawed the wing off of one of the planes (got the kill statement as soon as the plane broke apart)

end of mission, I got 5 kills, 2 of my guys each have a kill and the SU lost 8 planes

now I got 5 PK's and sawed a wing off for a kill, did the AI shoot down one of the dead planes ????

or maybe it counted it as a crash ????

HARD_Sarge

Message Edited on 07/27/0311:32AM by HARD_Sarge

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:49 PM
hmmmmmm PKiller!!!!!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif was there any FLACKs around?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Not sure what you mean here,,, maybe I`m reading this wrong, but...

Seems to me you check back over the replay and see what really happened. The sim doesn`t actually tell you if you did get a PK so maybe you THOUGHT one was, but it was something else (maybe you wounded him and he crashlanded landed) and the AI finished him off with a strafe.
I guess it`s realistic to make an error in what you may think you killed, pilots did it all the time in reality.

Debrief: "How many did you kill?" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Pilot: "Six probable." /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Debrief: "Confirmed?" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Pilot: "Er- 2 then!" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Hi SeaFire
? it don't ? it tells me

you fire and you get a HEADSHOT report, and the plane goes out of control and spins into the ground (but it can loop or float for a while also), maybe my bad, in calling it a PK, but a HEADSHOT pilot is a dead pilot

it also give you with in the game a plane destroyed message and a good kill number (your number in the flight) but on HEADSHOT planes, it don't tell you it is a Kill until it hits the ground, and in a fast pace battle, I was in on my 4th or 5th target before getting the first kill message

HARD_Sarge

ahh, last track I tried to watch, it kept showing me firing into nothing ? (maybe I had the controls set up wrong for veiwing)

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:15 PM
Hi Oleg
no, no flak, it was out in the open

kind of thinking maybe one of the Ju52's was fireing into it after I made my pass, but I didn't see any crash targets that showed up as 52 kills, didn't see a crash either, but the debrif, said 8 were lost, but only seen 7 crash sites
????

HARD_Sarge

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:33 PM
LOL that is scary, went to watch the track I had made of that mission

when I started my turning dive, I never seen the bad guys, and was doing 740 when I plowed right into the river !

Geee, that wasn't how I remembered that mission at all /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

HARD_Sarge

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:45 PM
when you speed up the game or make it slower while recording it records wrong tracks

http://www.greenhearts.org/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/eagle.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Thank you, yes it must

SeaFire
maybe we are using different setting, I flew another mission and got two more PK's (I took screenshots and then edited them to make them smaller in size, but don't know how to post them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif )

it does indeed tell you when you get a PK

over top of the plane you will get a HEADSHOT message, and out of the plane you get a PK : ( statement

( I would Like to turn the balloons off, but I like the Arrows)

HARD_Sarge

Ahhh finally, that Campaign is over, looking good, Squadron ended with 6 Living Aces (bad news is we lost 6 Aces too, 2 with 20+, 2 with 10+) 269 kills for the Squadron vs 63 losses for the GE airforce in the area

and better news, we get the 109 F4 now

Message Edited on 07/27/0301:36PM by HARD_Sarge

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 02:48 PM
HARD_Sarge wrote quickly:
- Thank you, yes it must
-
- SeaFire
- maybe we are using different setting,

Yes, we are. You have it in that `see arrows and balloons mode` arcade mode I think?
Sorry never play like that. I am more of a `hardcore` gamer, I guess. In offline battles I`m not a fan of the `know everything that happens` and arrows would defo ruin it for me. I`ll get a message of a `Plane Destroyed` only, but the rest of it it does not say. I prefer it more like real life.
Can`t really help in that case.