PDA

View Full Version : New Assassin's Creed for 2012

icyxyci1986
10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1197894p1.html

kriegerdesgottes
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Sounds like after next year, Ubisoft is planning to ditch the yearly renditioning. That would be awesome! Let's hope Ubisoft doesn't respond to this as rudely as they did to Jean Francois when he said this would happen.

blazefp
10-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Well I guess it will be the end of the line for Desmond, though I hope it won't be the last Assassin's Creed game.

persiateddy95
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
From that post, it's definitely not the last AC game. Just a new cycle. Hopefully they get back to PoP after 2012.

kriegerdesgottes
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
From that post, it's definitely not the last AC game. Just a new cycle. Hopefully they get back to PoP after 2012.

POP was my obsession before there was an AC but after the last couple games especially the revamp one, I think maybe it's time to let it die until maybe the next generation of consoles.

BK-110
10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Well, that is pretty much what I -- and most other people here, I suppose -- expected. It's good that they will get some longer development time for subsequent games.

Altair661
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Kinda late, there was another thread on this earlier, I suppose this confirms it though. Honestly though, I don't think IGN really cares about AC. Like in the Podcast Beyond! episode like 2 weeks ago, they totally bagged it, and really didn't understand it at all. And also, I'm pretty sure we've known this since they announced a AC game would come out in 2010, thus making it an annual series, up until the two meet in 2012. But IGN makes it seem like their doing it for the money...which is not true.

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Sounds like after next year, Ubisoft is planning to ditch the yearly renditioning. That would be awesome! Let's hope Ubisoft doesn't respond to this as rudely as they did to Jean Francois when he said this would happen.
They didn't really respond rudely. They just said that that wasn't part of their plan, and then he quit.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Lol, I love the fact that so many people compare it to CoD.

The fact that Assassin's Creed comes out every year gives it a bad image, because people automatically compare it to CoD.

As far as I know, CoD doesn't add that much to the game mechanic-wise. AC adds new stuff each iteration, along with a story that is actually worthwhile.

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 01:58 PM
After the desmond era ends maybe they will explore other subjects and ancestors? I really hope it's not the end of the series.

Iskander_Estel
10-03-2011, 01:59 PM
So we wont have another trilogy between trilogy?

Sounds good to me, to tell the truth i'm kind of tired of Ezio, all I want is to AC3 to be launched
and know how it ends.

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 02:04 PM
The old Ezio in Revelations kind of reminds me of Solid Snake in MGS4. Growing old over the games. Maybe they should have done it like that, let us have a break for a while and then release the last chapter of ezio's story in like 2015 or something.

Iskander_Estel
10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by dylandidiano:
The old Ezio in Revelations kind of reminds me of Solid Snake in MGS4. Growing old over the games. Maybe they should have done it like that, let us have a break for a while and then release the last chapter of ezio's story in like 2015 or something.

They surely will launch the AC collection for the next gen of consoles with ultra mega HD and 4D, so we'll surely have more Ezio in 2015

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Lol 4D, I don't even know what 4D is lol. But honestly they should have patched up all the missing years they skipped in the past two games with like a "Lost Sequences" title and then come out with revelations. I feel like they rushed Ezio out of the AC series, while most other AC fans are tired of him. They will miss him.

Jon253
10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Very nice, I thought one would come out next year for 2012. I wonder if they would actually release on December 21, 2012. It would be a cool release date, but then no one would finish the storyline by when the date happens.

Also if the world really ends on December 21, we wouldn't get to play it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kriegerdesgottes
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
They didn't really respond rudely. They just said that that wasn't part of their plan, and then he quit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they said "That's his opinion but the decision is not theirs." Then he quit and went to THQ with Patrice. http://www.strategyinformer.co...-creed-skipping-2011 (http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/8595/assassins-creed-skipping-2011)

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
They didn't really respond rudely. They just said that that wasn't part of their plan, and then he quit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they said "That's his opinion but the decision is not theirs." Then he quit and went to THQ with Patrice. http://www.strategyinformer.co...-creed-skipping-2011 (http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/8595/assassins-creed-skipping-2011) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's what I said!

The descison WAS NOT his. It's not rude to state the truth. In fact, it was kind of rude for him to assume that Ubisoft would do exactly what he wanted. Since they had been planning to probably make another one, and him saying things like that could reflect badly on them.

Anyways, I saw a commenter on another website say "I'm glad they're gonna start spacing releases out, the quality of the games has suffered since they started yearlies".

Regardless of how you could debate that Brotherhood was actually really good for such a short development time, WHY is everyone talking like there have been four yearly games released yet? He said that multiple games in the series are losing quality, but Brotherhood is the ONLY one that has been released since the new development cycle!

It's like a single hammer falling on your head and then you complaining about how hammers are blocking out the sun!

kriegerdesgottes
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Well I agree that people are talking as if many games had suffered already but let's face it, Brotherhood was no ACII and ACR, although I can't wait to get my hands on it, is probably going to be another Brotherhood type game since it only has one main city again that is going to be smaller than Rome was. At least there are a couple other free roam cities but I'm willing to bet they are still relatively small. It's not going to be like Venice with Florence. It's going to be more like Venice with Monteriggioni. The point is that no one so far expects Revelations to be a ACII size game so a lot of people are just excited that the developers are finally getting some much needed extra development time.

AU7thGear
10-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
Kinda late, there was another thread on this earlier, I suppose this confirms it though. Honestly though, I don't think IGN really cares about AC. Like in the Podcast Beyond! episode like 2 weeks ago, they totally bagged it, and really didn't understand it at all. And also, I'm pretty sure we've known this since they announced a AC game would come out in 2010, thus making it an annual series, up until the two meet in 2012. But IGN makes it seem like their doing it for the money...which is not true.

Yeah I agree. Greg is the only one who plays them but he doesn't play them for the story. Colin annoys me how he constantly pays out the story when he doesn't even play them. But yet we have to listen to him talk about politics and American Football for an hour of the show because it's a "Conversational Podcast". IGN are way to biased to games like Uncharted and Mass Effect.