PDA

View Full Version : The Girl

yeahjesse
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Someone had a thread at some point regarding an informer that says "I hope you find her," or something to that effect. If everyone's wondering about Al Tair's love, isn't it probably the woman who was posing as Robert de Sable? And isn't it also likely that Lucy is a descendant of that woman and that they're both assassin's that infiltrate the templars?

Talzule
12-24-2007, 04:06 PM
can't be the same girl or altir would have recongized her. i do agree that she is connected to lucy somehow.

Robbinho1992
12-24-2007, 04:07 PM
No, No and No.

Talzule
12-24-2007, 04:10 PM
"Altair", my bad. look at the face of the girl he does not kill, she and lucy look alot alike.

Tela
12-24-2007, 04:12 PM
It's possible, sure. But then that would mean that Desmond and Lucy are related.......

dinorap19
12-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by yeahjesse:
Someone had a thread at some point.. It's still here. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Before this post your thread was directly above it (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2901085816). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Nazgul2000
12-24-2007, 07:33 PM
i agree with yeahjesse

dirtybird21
12-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
It's possible, sure. But then that would mean that Desmond and Lucy are related.......

If you go back far enough in time, Everyone is related. So that doesn't really mean anything.

DreamerM
12-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by yeahjesse:
Someone had a thread at some point regarding an informer that says "I hope you find her," or something to that effect. If everyone's wondering about Al Tair's love, isn't it probably the woman who was posing as Robert de Sable? And isn't it also likely that Lucy is a descendant of that woman and that they're both assassin's that infiltrate the templars?

...My thread is still alive. Could this have been posted there?

There's no reason in the world to assume any romantic connection between Maria and Altair: hell, having a guy drop out of nowhere, wave a knife in my face, and take off saying he's going to off the boss that I'm devoted to is NOT the stuff of great romance.

Maria's a templar. She has nothing more in common with Lucy then just gender.

BUT, I think there's a reason for Altair's reaction. It wasn't love, it was reflection. I don't think Maria is the first woman he's encountered who has been living as a man...

Women impersonating men happened much more frequently back then, and it was very, very dangerous: women caught doing that were usually burned as witches. In the game guide it's revealed that Maria allowed herself to be used as a decoy for Robert because she had always dreamed of being a knight, stole some armor, and impersonated a boy to join the crusade. Her valor on the battlefield got her promoted, and Robert found out about her real gender...and didn't care. Now she'll die for his causes.

This is not an assassin in disguise.