PDA

View Full Version : TRK files (Replays) no longer work after upgrade. Suggestions?

MB-BOB
03-19-2006, 07:38 PM
I recently upgraded my game from V3.0 to V4.03. Now my previously recorded replay files no longer run when selected. I did a search on this topic, but found nothing.

Are these files not recoverable? If so, can someone list the procedure, please?

MB-BOB
03-19-2006, 07:38 PM
I recently upgraded my game from V3.0 to V4.03. Now my previously recorded replay files no longer run when selected. I did a search on this topic, but found nothing.

Are these files not recoverable? If so, can someone list the procedure, please?

danjama
03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately their not recoverable if their recorded in the .TRK format, when attempting to play in later version upgrades

If you use quicksave instead, they will save as .ntrk and will work in upgrade versions, however they may be altered

To use quicksave assign a button to it and use the button in-game

DaimonSyrius
03-19-2006, 08:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MB-BOB:
Are these files not recoverable? If so, can someone list the procedure, please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, I think there should be one way to get the tracks working. It's cumbersome, but if you want them badly, you may try.

Go back to the corresponding version (for instance, you can install a v.3.00 from the CD's in a separate directory, then patch up to version you need), then copy the .TRK file to the 'Records' folder in that install, and play the .TRK file. While it is playing, you can record it as .ntrk using the 'quick save' key (that you need to have defined in the 'Controls' screen). Then that .ntrk will be playable in any version.

If you would need to do that for .TRK files that you saved in several different versions, this is what I would do:

-Start a reinstall from scratch. Back up whatever you want to keep (conf.ini file, Users folder, Records folder, etc.).

-Right when you're finished installing from the CD's, copy the whole IL2 main folder and sub-folders somewhere else, let's call that one IL2-3.0.

-Complete the uprading of your first install up to v.4.04

-Now, let's suppose you have old .TRK files from versions 3.04 and 4.01:

-Make a copy of the IL2-3.0 folder you created earlier, patch that one to 3.04 and save the corresponding .TRK files to .ntrk.

-Patch this 3.04 install to 4.01 and save the .TRK files to .ntrk in the same way

-Erase the install you just patched, so you will be left with:

a) Your regular, current 4.04 install
b) The v. 3.0 copy you had in the IL2-3.0 folder: you can keep this one for future use, just in case.

A bit of work, as I said, but it should work... Now that I thought about it, I may even try that with some of my old .TRK files when I get some time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Cheers,
S.