PDA

View Full Version : DA, Enrica, Williams, Lambert, Sams daughter etc.......

Flameswordsman1
08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like old-gen DA's dramatic and pretty engulfing plot has been scrapped for ConViction?

That game gave you a real personal feel to the action, with Sam taking on his 'boss', killing an old friend, finding love etc.... then having Williams take it all away and try to pin everything on him

Then theres the PSP game, where Sam is caught and tortured, and it seems to imply Williams really is a bad guy

No, with ConViction, it seems like the slate has been wiped more-or-less clean

. They're doing a new type of game to welcome new-comers
. It takes place 2 years after DA
. No mention of Williams and how he spat in Sam's face at all
. No mention of Lambert or Sam's daughter [both wasted deaths IMO. They both could have gone out a lot better]
. More stuff about terrorists [apparently South-American this time]

If this whole plot has been dropped, and Sam really does return just to help Grim, I will have to reconsider my evaluation of the franchise.
Love the series thus far and think the new style is at the very least intrigueing, but you can't just lay down an awesome story like that, allude that it will continue, then basically forget about it.......

Thoughts?

RowdySpy1990
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
uh...convictions does have a story.

Flameswordsman1
08-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Is there a game out there that doesn't have a hint of story, besides sports games and Pong?

My point was the DA story seems to have been mostly scrapped from what I've heard of this new game

aniket_nayak
08-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Everything will be answered once Convictions is out.

blue1988
08-20-2007, 01:27 AM
by the way Lambert did live on the xbox ver
he said I know the case you got against Lambert and Me. while on the phone. so you do have a choice not to kill him which he didn't.

ptkramer
08-20-2007, 04:35 AM
DA was made of choices, some people could let Enrica and Lambert with life, i killed them all.
So i am guessing if ConViction follows DA's story they will both dead or it wont simple follow DA's story.

The best i can do is to wait for the game to come out and then see with my eyes.

Jackie Fiest
08-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I would have to respectfully disagree and say it's very soon to be judging the games story at this point, as we don't really know the details. Don't get me wrong you may be entirely right, but it seems very early to be dismissing a story when we don't know the details of it.

If you would like, you can read this link and see how things that happened in DA and Essentials actually lead into ConViction. It does make sense. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/5...091097085#4091097085 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/5491066085?r=4091097085#4091097085)

SaSha_917
08-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm so confused! I'm brand spanking new here and relatively new to SC in general, so forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions. I only have PS2, so the Essentials info was handy. But you're all debating whether Lambert and Enrica continue on or if they're dead. In DA with PS2 there doesn't seem to be any ambuguity with this. You have the choice to kill or protect Lambert (I chose to strengthen his cover thus he lives) although he has disappeared without explanation. But PS2 platform gave no choice over Enrica's fate. I refuse to kill her so the closing scene is the other agent killing her on the roof top as Sam cries out. She dies in his arms. Is that not the same with XBox, PSP etc?

stavros_27
08-22-2007, 11:45 PM
In the 360 version you can avoid killing Enrica in the end. The 360 version is completely different than the xbox/ps2/wii versions