PDA

View Full Version : 100,000 ton posting

Miechiel
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Hello. I'm a long time Kaleun. I've made the 100,000 ton sunk a few times but I've forgotten how to do it . Can some one help me out ?

Kaleun1961
10-14-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't even know where the 100K Club thread is anymore, or if it even still exists. I would suggest first finding the thread. If it still exists, post a picture of your captain's log showing your patrol report; it will show all the ships you sank and your total patrol tonnage.

The club has sort of lost its lustre these days, as sinking 100K has become so easy. It got to the point where people were posting 200K and more of tonnage. The GWX Gold mod has made the game more difficult to accumulate such fantastic tonnage scores, but a few have reported having 100K or more even in GWX. Still, sinking 100K is still something to celebrate, as long as one does not use such options as unlimited fuel, torpedoes and so forth. As well as a pic of your tonnage score, you are also supposed to mention which difficulty factors you used, i.e. your % level.

Miechiel
10-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi Kaleun1961. Thanks. I guess that your right about the Club. I'm running the vanilla game with pure realism with the mods without the Commander or GWX. Never did want to do all that. But, it's still cool to sink the 100,000 tons. I've done it a few times. I've also been playing SH3 for maybe 7 or 8 years too. LOL Mighty fine game no matter how long you play it.

Kaleun1961
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes, it is. I can only encourage you to try a supermod as it will enhance the game beyond belief, both in terms of content and graphics. However, it's your to play your way. If you have a second computer, you might consider setting up a modded game on one and vanilla on the other. Or, you could use a utility called "Multi SH3" which would allow you to have multiple version of the game on the same PC.

Miechiel
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
You mentioned the super mods. As it is, I'm running the regular installed game. Hell, I'll give it a try. What's the next level up from the one I'm playing and what will happen as far as playing ?

Kaleun1961
10-15-2010, 05:50 PM
The main one is GWX3 Gold; others use War Ace Campaign or Living Silent Hunter version 5. I can only speak of GWX Gold as that is my main mod. It adds a ton of content to the game, changing the damage model from an arcade hit point method to a flooding method to sink ships, extensive rewrites of aerial combat, new ship types, historic campaigns, etc. Use it with SH3 Commander and you can work with your crew, assign custom patrol grids, adjust time compression and many other aspects of the game. SH3 Commander can be used with plalin SH3 or any mod or supermod combination.

The Grey Wolves website (http://www.thegreywolves.com/)

Miechiel
10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Kaleun. I'm not going to be able to install any super mods. I don't have that much free space. On well. Running up and down the English Channel and the North Atlantic is cool. Thanks for the advise.

WilhelmSchulz.
10-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah the 100K club is still around. theres a link to it in one of the stickys.

Kaleun1961
10-30-2010, 07:12 PM
That's right! It's in the "Useful links" sticky at the top of the forum page. I had a feeling it was still around somewhere.

bunkerratt
10-30-2010, 08:48 PM
well i'm a bit rusty....while leaving lorient i was ****ing around with the tdc and ahhh...i sank the lighthouse

Miechiel
11-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Good morning. I just wish that SH5 was as easy and fun to play as SH3. I don't want to get into the pros and cons on SH5, I was thinking out loud. I was also thinking how of all the advise that I received when I first started playing SH3. Of how the book "Das Boot" is our "Bible" so to speak. And the movie puts it all in perspective. Vikinggrandad had a wealth of information for all the new guys.
Have a great day !

WilhelmSchulz.
11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Speaking of VG where has he gone?

Miechiel
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Vikinggrandad said that he was retiring, so to speak. He was a wealth of information. From time to time I like to help out the new Kaluens. Hell, you guys were there for me.