PDA

View Full Version : AEP Readme: For GeForce FX users (shaders 2.0) water=2 question

CptDallas
11-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Yes,

it says in the readme, that for i.e GeForce FX users, a new rendering type is available, taking - presumably - advantage of 2.0 shaders and thus by typing a "2" at the right line in the config.ini, WATER should more or less be rendered as 'perfect'. I guess this should be a way to implement the graphics without the big performance loss that - I at least - used to experience.

Have I misjudged these lines? Because it seems as it´s the more or less usual water turning up in-game? No special about it.

Sorry if I bring up something since long debated and over with. It was a while since I was a FB regular.

Also, I have checked the online FAQ but couldn´t find anything specific on FX 5900 128mb settings. Have this cards performance been discussed and has any conclusion derived from it?

Grateful for any help.

Regards
Cpt Dallas

F16_txmx
11-08-2004, 03:05 PM
AFAIK water=0 to water=3 is only used with the graphics setting "Perfect". water=3 uses the 3.0 shader on GeForce 6800 cards.

The_Great_Stonk
11-08-2004, 06:33 PM
water=0 does somthing ? i didnt know that, i thought the only available values were 1 2 and 3 ?

if its only usable in perfect mode, what does water=0 actually do ? (not got chance to test it out this second)

CptDallas
11-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks for reply.

This clears it a bit.

Extreme_One
11-09-2004, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Great_Stonk:
water=0 does somthing ? i didnt know that, i thought the only available values were 1 2 and 3 ?

if its only usable in perfect mode, what does water=0 actually do ? (not got chance to test it out this second) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get the perfet water but no reflections or weather affected waves.

I use it and it's far better than excellent mode.

griego
11-09-2004, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Extreme_One:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Great_Stonk:

if its only usable in perfect mode, what does water=0 actually do ? (not got chance to test it out this second) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get the perfet water but no reflections or weather affected waves.

I use it and it's _far_ better than excellent mode. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You use water=0 in perfect and it's better than excellent mode? Is that what your saying or am i misunderstanding you.