PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for the devs...

GoToAway
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
I see that you guys have been posting a bit more today since the game is gold, so I figured I'd pose a few questions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

1.) Did you guys wind up lengthening the ship wakes?

2.) Did you tone down the muzzle flash, or is this just an unconfirmed rumor?

3.) Has the weather been reworked? Do we have real cloud cover now?

4.) Can somebody on the dev team give us the OFFICIAL word on torpedo bombers? First it sounded like they were coming in a patch... then it sounded like they would never be flyable because not enough references exist to make the Japanese ones flyable... now it sounds like they may be patched in again. What's the story? Eventually? Never?

5.) Can we find a complete list of ships and maps to augment the plane list somewhere?

6.) Was anything done with the sound aspect of the engine?

7.) I understand the time and difficulties involved with getting a whole radar simulation working within the current engine, but allow me to ask: Realistically speaking, do you think that we'll ever see flyable night fighters implemented? I'm not asking for a promise or anything, I'd just like to hear if somebody on the team thinks that it may be feasible to one day have a flyable P-61 or if it's just a pipe dream.

That's it. I'm glad it's finally done. I can't wait to take the F4U out for a joy ride. I'm also glad to hear about the future flyable heavies and the new dynamic campaign features. PF sounds like it's going to be a huge improvement.

Thanks for any answers.

GoToAway
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
I see that you guys have been posting a bit more today since the game is gold, so I figured I'd pose a few questions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

1.) Did you guys wind up lengthening the ship wakes?

2.) Did you tone down the muzzle flash, or is this just an unconfirmed rumor?

3.) Has the weather been reworked? Do we have real cloud cover now?

4.) Can somebody on the dev team give us the OFFICIAL word on torpedo bombers? First it sounded like they were coming in a patch... then it sounded like they would never be flyable because not enough references exist to make the Japanese ones flyable... now it sounds like they may be patched in again. What's the story? Eventually? Never?

5.) Can we find a complete list of ships and maps to augment the plane list somewhere?

6.) Was anything done with the sound aspect of the engine?

7.) I understand the time and difficulties involved with getting a whole radar simulation working within the current engine, but allow me to ask: Realistically speaking, do you think that we'll ever see flyable night fighters implemented? I'm not asking for a promise or anything, I'd just like to hear if somebody on the team thinks that it may be feasible to one day have a flyable P-61 or if it's just a pipe dream.

That's it. I'm glad it's finally done. I can't wait to take the F4U out for a joy ride. I'm also glad to hear about the future flyable heavies and the new dynamic campaign features. PF sounds like it's going to be a huge improvement.

Thanks for any answers.