PDA

View Full Version : Help with overclocking...

GH_Klingstroem
03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
My comp specs are as follows
CPU Amd athlon 2800
Ram 1024mb
Videocard Radeon 9600 128mb.

Now, I dont have any probs with this game but im intrested to know if I can et even more power out of the computer and how do I do it?!

For example, how do I overclock the CPU, is it dangerous. Is there a safe way to do it?!

The videocard, how do I overclock that and is that safe?!?
what are ur experiences with it and what programs can I use?!

thx alot!

GH_Klingstroem
03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
My comp specs are as follows
CPU Amd athlon 2800
Ram 1024mb

Now, I dont have any probs with this game but im intrested to know if I can et even more power out of the computer and how do I do it?!

For example, how do I overclock the CPU, is it dangerous. Is there a safe way to do it?!

The videocard, how do I overclock that and is that safe?!?
what are ur experiences with it and what programs can I use?!

thx alot!

steve_v
03-14-2005, 02:10 PM
heres a good place to start for the basics: http://www.deep-powder.net/OC_Guide/Mem_Mobo_CPU_Overclocking_Guide.htm

1.JaVA_Razer
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org

I'm there to, one hell of a bunch of overclockers.

BTW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
CPU Amd athlon 2800
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm assuming a Barton core Xp (amd Athlon XP 2800+ - barton core) if I'd know your ram specs down to the code on those chips i could tell you some more on how to overclock but for now:
Try to get your FSB up as much as you can but, what you need to do:

first ,look up any modded bios's for your mobo from TicTac on the Xtremesystems boards, then after you flashed your mobo to the new bios do the following:
Up the voltage over your NB (chip) to about 1.7 ,just up it 1 notch to give itr a bit of extra juice so it'll be capable of handling the higher FSB speeds.
then, raise the Vdimm to about 2.8Volts and set your RAM to 7-3-3-2.5T if it's possible of running even that (depends on what quality ram you got)
Now, set the fsb to 200 and "save and exit".
once in windows download ,from Nvidia website, the NVsystemutility. But only if you have a Nforce chipset.
For Via chipsets you might wanna try just clockgen. also download superPi modded or unmodded,it doesn't make that big a difference. modded just gives the time in milliseconds also.
Now upen up both superpi and NVsystemutility and start raising the FSB, set the ram to about 205 ==&gt; DDR 410. press "ok" at the bottom and start up superpi, 1M and let it run. if it's stable, good, up the mem a notch or 2 more and repeat procces. once it starts to flunk out, give errors, your mem should be burned in already. go into bios again and set the Vdimm to it's maximum (normally something like 2.9V) set your Multiplier to 9.5x and reboot into windows after saving the bios settings.
Now just redo the procces. after your RAM has maxed out, go into bios and up the multi by 0.5 ,reboot and try again for a few round of superpi. if you wanna be 100% sure the overclock is stable, download prime95 or OCCT to test it.
BTW

DO NOT OVERCLOCK UNLESS YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD AIRCOOLING,WATERCOOLING or PELTIER/PHASE CHANGE SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Ram 1024mb
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
need brand, specs, and manufacturer.

GH_Klingstroem
03-14-2005, 03:38 PM
ok will check!! thx for help!