PDA

View Full Version : I HOPE THAT GR3 IS NOT AN OUT AND OUT WAR GAME

buddhiraja
07-06-2005, 03:49 AM
I hope that GR3 for the pc would be predominantly special force action like the original GR. An out and out war game with lots and lots of enemies and total mayhem and chaos, like say Call of Duty, is not what the GR fans like in general. GR2 was marketed as a total war game.

UBI has promised that GR3 for the pc would be more tactical and I welcome that. We would also like GR3 to have the TENSION and STEALTH element of GR. We are traversing an area and don't know whether the enemy is there or not, as opposed to constant action, is something special. The enemy does not know that I am present and I am planning an offensive -- is another situation that is superb, and is normally absent in war games. I think that GRIN had said somewhere that they will make GR3 pc more stealthy and I hope that is true.

A couple of war-like missions, as a variation, would no be bad though.

What do you guys and girls think ?

Kurtz_
07-06-2005, 06:13 AM
I agree. Full combat games accomplish that end by making the maps very linear so that you have no option but go full bore at the enemy, there is no option to flank or circumvent, the games are structured in a rigid way.

The GR system was a very open map with all enemies preloaded, giving you a lot of options in movement and engagement. As long as the maps are large and open enough, the scripted events are held to a mininum, spawning enemies are not used, objectives are not spoonfed or rigid, then the game could be very tactical and interesting.

jchung
07-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Just checking here to see what you PC people are saying.

Unfortunately, I think GR3 will be more of an all out war scenario.

In OGR I used to creep around the map with Alpha armed with all silenced weapons, then when I have neutralized most of the enemy, Bravo would come in for clean up, demos, etc...

I don't see this type of gameplay being an option in GR3. I hope it is, but unfortunately I don't think is going to be what I want.

crtChunk72
07-06-2005, 10:39 AM
I've been away for a while, so I haven't been keeping up, but it seems to me that the PC version is (at least) trying to be more like the original... jchung, you may have to convert... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

ColinCJ
07-08-2005, 03:22 AM
"In the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighterâ"ž˘, we will develop the tactical aspect further than in the other versions, because this approach best fits this platform, and we know that all Ghost Recon fans are expecting to be able to plan their team’s actions on the battlefield.

That’s why we are implementing exclusive features for the Tactical Map of the game. With this tool, the planning phase can now happen at anytime in the game (at least when you’re safe enough!). That also means that you’ll be able to change your plans if things do not go as planned, just like real soldiers do. We feel this is an ideal balance between strategy and improvisation."

WhiteKnight77
07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Ya know what is really disturbing about seperate game types for different platforms? Something to think about, GR1 on XBox played similar to GR1 on PC. XBox gamers loved it that way. GR2 comes out and it becomes arcade-like and people aren't happy with it so Ubi has RSE do Summit Strike with more open maps and less linear gameplay to make fans happy.

Now GR3 comes along with two different gameplay aspects telling us that:

"In the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighterâ"ž˘, we will develop the tactical aspect further than in the other versions, because this approach best fits this platform, and we know that all Ghost Recon fans are expecting to be able to plan their team’s actions on the battlefield."

Is what Ubi is saying that while the original XBox and PC can handle tactical gameplay and larger areas that the new XBox360, which is supposed to be more powerful than even the latest desktops with dual core processors and two video cards, can't handle such mundane features or gameplay? Surly not!

jchung
07-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by crtChunk72:
I've been away for a while, so I haven't been keeping up, but it seems to me that the PC version is (at least) trying to be more like the original... jchung, you may have to convert... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

8 hours behind a PC all day, and then more for gaming? If I didn't sit behind a PC all day, I probably would game on one.

Especially now that it seems very likely that GR3 on the console will be like Halo in Mexico, I might actually consider getting another PC. Only if I had not spent so much on a laptop for home use (don't even ask) and just bought a PC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I just don't want to spend any more on gaming, as I do enjoy it, but it isn't my primary hobby, so any free cash goes to other interests before it goes to gaming. This and the fact that I can't sit in my easy chair in front of a PC.

GR3 for console. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Only if they would make it like the PC version.