PDA

View Full Version : placing my flight behind on deck help needed

aminx
10-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Hello,
How do you place your flight of 1-4 planes behind other 1 to 2 flights on deck?
ie:I want to watch the other flights unfold wings and take of before i do.
aminx

aminx
10-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Hello,
How do you place your flight of 1-4 planes behind other 1 to 2 flights on deck?
ie:I want to watch the other flights unfold wings and take of before i do.
aminx

Luftkillier
10-31-2004, 06:38 AM
Place one flight of "AI only" planes at the takeoff airfield first, then your flight after them in the FMB.

aminx
10-31-2004, 08:08 AM
hi
sorry but i dont understand,when you say airfield do you mean land base or the carrier deck?whats FMB?i tried the following:
renaming my flight as 2 or 3 since we are 3 flights attached to the carrier through set.I'm still upfront.
placing the other 2 flights before my flight on deck but i'm still upfront.
I tried delaying take off time of my flight but it doesnt accept, it goes back to 0 time.
please clarify
aminx

Tully__
10-31-2004, 08:38 AM
Aminx, if you're building campaign missions, your rank determines your position within your entire squadron. If you don't want to be in the lead flight and you have a high rank, you'll have to assign the lead flight to a different squadron. If you want to be sure you're in a particular flight, you'll need to make sure it's the only flight in its squadron.

aminx
10-31-2004, 09:31 AM
att TULLY
i dont even know how to assign ranks nor is there any window showing same in properties nor have i ever seen any tutorial that i know off.
i did try before changing my flight to a diff squadron number but nothing changes, i'm still up front.
my mission files are numbered one up and in the campaign file thats all,none have ranks.
can you reply in clear steps to be taken for me to follow please?
regards
aminx

Tully__
10-31-2004, 10:21 AM
You choose a rank when you commence each new campaign. That rank determines where in your squadron you will fly.

The order that the flights take off from an airfield or carrier is determined by the order in which you create them in the mission builder. The first flight you place will take off first.

If you're not happy with the order you can change it by editing the mission file in notepad. Find the section where all the flights are listed in order, here's an example from a mission with only two US Navy flights:

[Wing]
USN_VB_15A00
USN_VB_15A01

To change the order of takeoff, change the order in which the flights are listed.

Remember again that if you have chosen a high rank when you started the campaign you'll be in the lead aircraft of your entire squadron regardless of which plane you designate as "Player" in the mission file.

Sakai9745
10-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Hey aminx. When i created a mission using the Sara, I was able to sequence my flight's launch as second, after the Hellcats. (Following your help on carrier placement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), I just placed aircraft in the order of how I wanted them launched.

First Flight Placed - F6F X 2
Then Second Flight - SBD X 4 (my flight)
Finally, Third Flight - TBF X 4 (one started off in the air due to lack of deck space)

Just to keep it pretty, I arranged the startwaypoints so that Hellcats were in front, Dauntlesses in the middle, and Avengers all the way aft. I have no idea if this has any impact on final arrangement on the deck, but it's worked every time; I'm dead in the middle of all the unfolding wing action. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hope this helps.

Sakai9745
10-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Or what Tully said. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

aminx
10-31-2004, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
You choose a rank when you commence each new campaign. That rank determines where in your squadron you will fly.$

How do you choose and assign a rank ?is there a tutorial?is there a pilot roster?points etc.As stated earlier i have never done so in FB.the only thing i see is awards in the file.please advise since i am interested.i only play in MB, while my son is only online with his own pc.

The order that the flights take off from an airfield or carrier is determined by the order in which you create them in the mission builder. The first flight you place will take off first.
as stated earlier i did change my flight number from 1-1 to 1-2 and placed another flight with 1-1 but nothing happens!!

If you're not happy with the order you can change it by editing the mission file in notepad. Find the section where all the flights are listed in order, here's an example from a mission with only two US Navy flights:

[Wing]
USN_VB_15A00
USN_VB_15A01

yes,this worked right now,this is exactly what i was looking for,phew...finally,thanks.

To change the order of takeoff, change the order in which the flights are listed.

Remember again that if you have chosen a high rank when you started the campaign you'll be in the lead aircraft of your entire squadron regardless of which plane you designate as "Player" in the mission file. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
really looking forward to receiving your instructions on how to choose and assign ranks.

thanks again
aminx

aminx
10-31-2004, 03:16 PM
att SAKAI 9745
Hi,
I was doing exactly what you state but i doesnt work with me.
my flight squadron 1 flight 1
changed to squadron 1 flight 2
kept squadron 1 flight 3 unchanged
flight 2 took my place and became flight 1.
result,i'm still up there first to go!!!
what do you see as wrong with the above?
regards
aminx

aminx
10-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Hmmmmmmm.......i went back to the game and opened my object file and found that i was still the boss ie 1-1 even though i was taking off on the second row.I dont see any ranks nor medals nor any pilot roster.
aminx

aminx
10-31-2004, 03:40 PM
ATT TULLY
RANK ASSIGNMENT
i think there is a missunderstanding.My question was for mission builder not for the standard set campaigns.I dont think there is a roster for MB to assign ranks and a point system,am i right?
regards
aminx

Sakai9745
10-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Just saw the ATT for me. Hmm... that approach has worked like a charm for me many a time over. Just to clarify the original issue, you wish to put YOUR flight of planes BEHIND another one or two flights.

Wait one...

Okay. Just got back from the test in-game. This was for a SINGLE MISSION created in FMB.

Set the Shokaku in the Coral Sea with a single waypoint.

First set a flight of three Zeroes, starting waypoint on the carrier (placed on the bow area), set them for TAKEOFF, then gave them a single waypoint ahead of the carrier.

Second, set a second trio of Zeroes with near identical setup. Two differences - I placed their starting waypoint on the stern (again, I don't know if that makes any differences), then checked the PLAYER box for Plane 1 in that flight.

This is what I got. I'm #9.

http://guardiansjustice.fcpages.com/images/aminxtest.jpg

Hope this helps. Let me know if it it doesn't - I'll post a step by step process for you if needed.

Cheers,

aminx
10-31-2004, 11:59 PM
hi,
yes your method works perfectly well too.So the diff was i was placing all 3 flights on the same side while building my mission.So now we have 2 methods,great.The award and rank sysrem has to be only for the set campaign pilot carreer option and not mission builder.Thank you very much.
aminx