PDA

View Full Version : Changing speech?

Bobifp
03-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Anyone know of a way to select just one language & have it come up no matter what I'm flying? I realize I could copy the selected .wav files to all the nationalities, but is there a way to associate so to have just one set of speech? Hope this makes sense. Please confine comments to the problem.

Thanks,

Bobifp
03-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Anyone know of a way to select just one language & have it come up no matter what I'm flying? I realize I could copy the selected .wav files to all the nationalities, but is there a way to associate so to have just one set of speech? Hope this makes sense. Please confine comments to the problem.

Thanks,

NTESLA
03-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Are you talking about the Voice pack (They interact with you) or the Chatter pack (just a 'music' file playing radio calls in the background) ?

Bobifp
03-01-2005, 02:59 PM
In samples/speech/country abbr/actor 1-9

NTESLA
03-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Hello Bobifp,

Yes you make sense. What you want is to have the same language speech pack come up no matter if you fly Soviet, German, Japanese, American, etc.

The only way around it is doing what you suggest, copy your chosen language and put it into each country speech directory. This way, you will have your chosen language always playing no matter who you fly.

Another way, is to choose your plane but leave the nationality of the country that 'speaks' your language. The planes will have that country's markings.

Bobifp
03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Thank you NTESLA

sc1949
03-01-2005, 07:21 PM
There's BBQ's speech pack, which is "Englisised" german and Russian voices. I think it's at Extreme_Ones site, but not sure.