PDA

View Full Version : Why Im a HUGE fan of ACR..

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Well I`v seen everything:
"Why I hate ACR" "Why Im not buying ACR" "Ubisoft screwed up with ACR" "Why Im not buying any AC game again after ACR"

Well I love ACR because it brought back the dark feeling of AC I(My Opinion) Its the most Emotionally influential AC game in the series, It was a fine send off for Ezio and altair, It introduced many new mechanics that can be upgraded later, and Improved existing Mechanics for already present features.
I also adore the Soundtrack, It had the ambiance of AC II`s ST and the Epicness of the whole series..

see what else any of you would like to add..
and for any "I hate ACR posts" you already have threads for that, but this is not one of them..

AssassinVulpy
12-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Ah, finally. A positive thread to balance out the negative ones.

In my opinion, ACR was awesome. The story, Ezio's cute crush, awesome new characters, awesome weapons etc.

I like Den Defense, but everyone seems to hate it. Everyone's a critic? XD

Den Defense is a creative way of fighting a battle against the Templars. It's challenging and exciting. Brotherhood was too easy. You just took over the Borgia towers and left them alone, but in ACR, sometimes you have to kick the Templars out again, and I love that.

I also like how they made leveling up Assassins quicker. I think it was a bit too slow in Brotherhood. Another good thing about the recruits is that they can go past level 10. I suppose they had to make them go past 10, because they leveled up quicker. It balances the whole thing out. ^^

And the soundtrack is just....Wow...It's too awesome for words.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Ya thanks for this, I'm putting together a final review after playing ACR 3 times & comparing it w/ ACB which I'm playing now.
I'll probably just add it in Ubi's feedback thread & maybe not make my own thread of my opinions of it.

That's what I thought we were supposed to do, but people instead are making their own gripe threads?

It's nice to see some countering to it & I'll add more here later.

Bipolar Matt
12-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Yes, thank you for this thread.

AC:R does have it's flaws, it is not perfect. Most of my issues right now are technical, however, and I hope are addressed in a title update(s).

This game does a lot right. I enjoy the hookblade quite a bit. (For those who still don't get it, it's a two-part weapon. It has a standard hidden blade, the hook is a totally separate item. Like how the first hidden blade contains the hidden gun, the poison blade and the poison dart launcher). I like ziplining, like the quicker climbing, pretty much all of it.

The game is a greater challenge in terms of combat than 2 or Brotherhood. It could be tougher still, but it is two steps in the right direction.

I like how the economy is a bit tougher, for lack of a better word, in AC:R. You're not rolling in money at the start after opening a few shops. Although you can get there, it does take some time.

Den defense doesn't bother me. I just wish we could do a real "perfect" den defense without losing any of your soldiers. No matter what I do, or strategy I employ, I always lose at least 3.

I like the look of the new robes a lot, particularly with the original gray color. As far as ultimate armors go, it's not as good as the Armor of Altair, but I do think the Armor of Ishak Pasha is a vast improvement over the Armor of Brutus.

Awesome soundtrack. Constantinople is a great city to explore. Vibrant, colorful, diverse, and just very well done. Good story, good closure to both Altair and Ezio.

Props to Ubi from me.

BeCk41
12-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes finally a positive review about this game that wasn't so negative! \o/

Now, if only we can convince the others... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:

Now, if only we can convince the others... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I think alot of people liked it overall but some are bored & spoiled or it's just alot more fun to bash than pick out the positives.
Some are fairly constructive in their criticisms & are doing it to hopefully let Ubi know which direction they hope they don't take in the future.

I just think it's easier to go negative than Positive.
Some of it is warranted, some isn't imo.
Some need to just leave the Series & put a cork in it. Go find another game series you do like.

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I do not intend to convince anyone, and I believe it isnt possible to convince others so I dont waste my time with such nonsense.
as far as im concerned they can bash all they want; just not here..

Inorganic9_2
12-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I thought bombs actually work really well. I didn't think I'd enjoy them, but using diversions and smoke bombs is great; they are useful tools. You don't have to use a lethal bomb if you don't want to (though, sometimes, it's needed to take out more than one Templar leader at once without having a huge gang of Templars on you!)

I really like den defence. I can imagine it happening. There are times when you need to take a step back and say "ok, this has been added for gameplay sake". People complaining about the siege weapons being used by the Templars need to realise that it's added purely for the gameplay (like the meaningless assassination contracts of the previous games).

That being said, I'm glad that the side missions aren't that frequent; I never liked the "Ezio, kill this person because he's done something wrong" over and over again, even when it had nothing to do with Ezio. I found plenty to do in game without them.

Also, Constantinople is an amazing city; I love the way the Haliç is misty in the morning.

rileypoole1234
12-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Bloody nora I'm glad to see that there are still some people that love AC. Phew.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I thought bombs actually work really well. I didn't think I'd enjoy them, but using diversions and smoke bombs is great; they are useful tools. You don't have to use a lethal bomb if you don't want to (though, sometimes, it's needed to take out more than one Templar leader at once without having a huge gang of Templars on you!)

I really like den defence. I can imagine it happening. There are times when you need to take a step back and say "ok, this has been added for gameplay sake". People complaining about the siege weapons being used by the Templars need to realise that it's added purely for the gameplay (like the meaningless assassination contracts of the previous games).

That being said, I'm glad that the side missions aren't that frequent; I never liked the "Ezio, kill this person because he's done something wrong" over and over again, even when it had nothing to do with Ezio. I found plenty to do in game without them.

Also, Constantinople is an amazing city; I love the way the Haliç is misty in the morning.

If I didn't look at the name, I'd swear I wrote that myself lol
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I so agree (except for that Seige weapon part - I lost my rear in Den Defense).

You know, I did like some of those Assassination Contracts in the other games - but I did ignore doing the rest of them at one point when they had nothing to do w/ my story & I just wanted to get on with it.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Bloody nora I'm glad to see that there are still some people that love AC. Phew.

Yes there is still some hope for Humanity -
I swear, the Assassins are turning into Templars around here.
lol

AssassinVulpy
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:

I agree that a positive review is a nice change, but it's best to not try to convince people. They can believe what they want to believe, no matter how wrong we think their opinion is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And if we all liked the same things, the world would be boring. XD

Inorganic9_2
12-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

If I didn't look at the name, I'd swear I wrote that myself lol
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I so agree (except for that Seige weapon part - I lost my rear in Den Defense).

You know, I did like some of those Assassination Contracts in the other games - but I did ignore doing the rest of them at one point when they had nothing to do w/ my story & I just wanted to get on with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one which I noticed the most was in Brotherhood: "Cesare buys his men the best equipment. Kill them with their own weapons" ....wut? Why? :S

I'm glad those were removed!

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Wow !!
there seems to be a fair number of ACR lovers.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

eagleforlife1
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Well I`v seen everything:
"Why I hate ACR" "Why Im not buying ACR" "Ubisoft screwed up with ACR" "Why Im not buying any AC game again after ACR"

Well I love ACR because it brought back the dark feeling of AC I(My Opinion) Its the most Emotionally influential AC game in the series, It was a fine send off for Ezio and altair, It introduced many new mechanics that can be upgraded later, and Improved existing Mechanics for already present features.
I also adore the Soundtrack, It had the ambiance of AC II`s ST and the Epicness of the whole series..

see what else any of you would like to add..
and for any "I hate ACR posts" you already have threads for that, but this is not one of them..

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Wow !!
there seems to be a fair number of ACR lovers.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

I swear, I never had so much fun doing missions as ACR. It's why I love it so much - the missions were such a pleasure, I couldn't get enough of it.
Ezio was just plain KOOL again as usual. His maturity was actually more intriguing to watch.

The Tulip mission was beyond words - as Ezio put it, "a nice change of pace".

I can't help but praise this game for what I got out of it. I do admit there's a few issues, but they aren't game changers by any means.

I have to admit tho, since the difficulty level happens to fit my own level, that did help.
But there were a few hard missions to sync. (for me).

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Wow !!

I swear, I never had so much fun doing missions as ACR. It's why I love it so much - the missions were such a pleasure, I couldn't get enough of it.
Ezio was just plain KOOL again as usual. His maturity was actually more intriguing to watch.

The Tulip mission was beyond words - as Ezio put it, "a nice change of pace".

I can't help but praise this game for what I got out of it. I do admit there's a few issues, but they aren't game changers by any means.

I have to admit tho, since the difficulty level happens to fit my own level, that did help.
But there were a few hard missions to sync. (for me). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Every AC game had its own share of issues, but ACR is by no means the worst of the series..

SolidSage
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm with you.
There's absolutely nothing to hate about it. It may not have as much appeal as other episodes for some, and that's fair enough, but all this talk like it's a travesty is just ridiculous.
ACR is not that much different than any of the other games. All the major features are still there, minor adaptions that every AC employs to change it up a little and avoid stagnating, and then the best story telling of the series.

Great game as usual. 97% total sync, just got the Mercenary faction, 5 combo kill streak to complete (3 left) and a couple MA missions to snyc. THEN I'm starting again and leaving all the towers in Templar control so I can get my gusto on.

Loyal to the Creed, and a fair witness when it comes to quality.

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
I'm with you.
There's absoloutely nothing to dislike about it. It may not have as much appeal as other episodes for some, and that's fair enough, but all this talk like it's a travesty is just ridiculous.
ACR is not that much different than any of the other games. All the major features are still there, minor adaptions that every AC employs to change it up a little and aboid stagnating, and then the best story telling of the series.

Great game as usual. 97% total sync, just got the Mercenary faction 5 combo kill streak to complete (3 left) and a couple MA missions to snyc. THEN I'm starting again and leaving alk the towers in Templar control so I can get my gusto on.

Loyal to the Creed, and a fair witness when it comes to quality.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Gonna throw my review here too..

Gameplay
The gameplay in ACR is more of the same, not that this is a bad thing, There is the scaling, sneaking, and Assassinating, but a few tweaks gave the game an extra layer of Fun, such as the hookblade. The Hookblade is fun, plain and simple, It shows off some nice kill moves in Combat, but thats all it ever does in that field.In Parkour however; It is a lovable device, it makes scaling buildings a whole lot lighter and faster, sure it might look a bit funky but aside from that it makes traversing the city a different experience on its own.
Bombs add a strategical approach towards alot of features, such as sneaking and stealth, also the fact that you can craft your own bombs gives off a feeling of "F YEAH !!" when you use it,although im still not a fan of Lethal Bombs, except the trip wire ones, I made full use of them in my travels, although it can sometimes be hard to actually remember to use bombs due to the HUGE amount of freedom and different gadgets that the player has.

All in all, AC`s gameplay has always been fun, but the few added tweaks to new Gadgets and the upgrades to existing ones add more Fun and, If used properly and usually, will give a different experience to each player, although some may see the tweaks as unneeded or just Annoying. 9/10

The City
ACR builds on an already firm base; AC has always made Gorgeous cities, highly detailed and so full of life, ACR However; has proven that it is a BIG challenger in open world gaming, IF given the right amount time.Constantinople is beautiful to look at, during Night and day; I`v have walked all of its streets, the Buildings are exceptionally Amazing to see, from the highest Minarets, to the smallest Wooden Houses.Every Building looks and feels alive.
The people also make it the most alive city in AC yet; they do more things and are more colorful, they really show the vast amount of cultural diversity in the crowds, their conversations are far more interesting, and their Actions are nothing short of Magnificent; There are people who carry bread during the Morning when the Athan (Call for prayer) is heard, the sound of the Shisha in the gardens and alleys, The vibrancy of the Moving crowds in the Bazaar, The merchants in the ports and then the Athan from atop the Galata tower during Dusk.Its just so Beautiful. 10/10

Story
What drew me to the series was its one-of-a-kind Story line and telling; Its interesting and full of twists, although it has some quirky setbacks.
ACR delivers one of the best examples of genius story telling; It takes a more mature approach towards Politics, love, Morals and Death.It starts just like its predecessors, an Actiony start then starts to rebuild slowly until it reaches a climax and then begins to end. What makes ACR a gem here is not the structure of the Story, its how its told; ever since AC II Ezio was given the image of a hero and a saint, his character was developed deeply in installment, but ACR touches upon an Important aspect of Ezio`s life, his morals and decisions. In my Opinion ACR has portrayed Ezio as "different" from any other character that I`v played as, sure he is still the same in that he is brutal and a Badass but now in ACR I felt more attached to Ezio as a person and as an Assassin; His character was developed the best in my opinion in ACR, even though it has the shortest period of Ezio`s life. The Chemsitry between him and every minor character was realistic and mindful, especially towards Sofia; Every time I see these 2 in one scene, I smile because of the soft love between them, Every time i see Ezio and Suleiman, i see a father and a son, a tutor and a student, whenever I see Yusuf and Ezio i think "yo yo ***** wazzup ?"
So, ACR has given off a set of fresh new Characters, Enemies and allies alike, each with a Personality and unique character development, the story is straight forward in its events, everything was well placed and it flowed nicely, Although the short story may annoy some as well as the small amount of screen time given for some characters. 8.5/10

Conclusion
ACR can be best described as a beautiful Product, short yes, but magnificent nonetheless.Its minor additions add a great layer of fun and imagination, yet my only complaint in this department would be that i forget to use some of these things..

9/10

LordWolv
12-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Ah, a thread in which people aren't giving out death threats to Ubisoft and threatening to not buy another Ubisoft game in the future, to 'screw up' the company into bankruptcy.
How nice.

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
Ah, a thread in which people aren't giving out death threats to Ubisoft and threatening to not buy another Ubisoft game in the future, to 'screw up' the company into bankruptcy.
How nice.
Isnt it ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Welcome..

YuurHeen
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
i too think acr is great and makes me finaly like ezio as character.

LightRey
12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Finally!

I loved ACR. All gameplay additions were awesome. I had a lot of fun using the bombs and the hookblade and I loved taking advantage of the secondary weapon option in times of need.

I also loved the story. It focuses much more on the consequences of Ezio's actions instead of just how he carried them out.

I also very much enjoyed the Altaïr and Desmond missions. Not only did they show more about their personalities and their past, they gave a chance to take a break from Ezio every once in a while. I also liked how the Desmond missions allowed for some dynamic puzzle-like gameplay, which I think suits AC perfectly.

The Master Assassin Missions were great too. Though I don't think it's quite there yet, it gave me a chance to form a much more personal connection to my recruits than in ACB.

I also really liked the additions of Mediterranean Defense and Den Defense. It gave some more variety to the gameplay.

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Finally!

I loved ACR. All gameplay additions were awesome. I had a lot of fun using the bombs and the hookblade and I loved taking advantage of the secondary weapon option in times of need.

I also loved the story. It focuses much more on the consequences of Ezio's actions instead of just how he carried them out.

I also very much enjoyed the Altaïr and Desmond missions. Not only did they show more about their personalities and their past, they gave a chance to take a break from Ezio every once in a while. I also liked how the Desmond missions allowed for some dynamic puzzle-like gameplay, which I think suits AC perfectly.

The Master Assassin Missions were great too. Though I don't think it's quite there yet, it gave me a chance to form a much more personal connection to my recruits than in ACB.

I also really liked the additions of Mediterranean Defense and Den Defense. It gave some more variety to the gameplay.
Welcome home Buddy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
LightRey

Ya that's something I was going to mention, the secondary weapon wheel -
Now that I'm back in ACB, I actually prefer this system over ACB's.

LightRey
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome home Buddy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
It's good to be home. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

LordWolv
12-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Now I have to venture into the world of <STRIKE>S-EVANS</STRIKE> people who are horribly annoying.

ElDoucherino
12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh nose...a thread that is overally postive...how is this even possible? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jokes aside, yeah I too like ACR. It has its flaws, obviously, but seeing as this game was made during a one year cycle I can overlook those flaws.

Mechanical: The hookblade - love it. I don't care what other says, I don't wanna spend years and years climbing high structures. Just improve the parkour a bit and it will be top notch.
Bombs was also a nice addition. Not the lethal ones, so please keep the bombs but add to different kinds of diversion bombs.

Story: A vast improvment from Brotherhood. More thrilling and sweet. Like it should be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Cannot wait until AC3. It's gonna be legend....wait for it...

SaintPerkele
12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
So glad about this thread. Yes, ACR wasn't perfect. Yes, some things were done better in previous titles. But it is an awesome game. And moreover, it makes a lot of things better than its predecessor.

Besides most of the stuff that has already been said in this thread, I was especially glad that a lot of things in the game corrected what AC2 and ACB made different from AC1.

The first thing is the city atmosphere: Finally, even better than in the first game in the franchise, the city felt alive. AC2's cities were fantastic in design, but the citizens were bland. In ACB, they interacted much more, but the city did still not feel.. alive, if you know what I mean. Now Constantinople was, finally, what I was hoping for. In fact, it's even better than Damascus, which had the best atmosphere of all cities in the franchise until now.

The second thing are the Templars. In AC1, you were often questioning yourself - did I really have to kill these people? Were their goals not noble and equal to my own? Are the Assassins better, when even their own master is a traitor? Then, suddenly, in AC2 the Ttemplars were just a bunch of evil bad guys and the Assassins were the exact opposite - a perfect black/white scenario. ACB as well, only with the difference, that I wasn't even sure who actually was a Templar - the game never explicitely said that Cesare was the Grandmaster of the Order (apparently, he was). What about the other targets - just random people Ezio couldn't particularly stand or templars? One of the worst aspects of ACB, in my opinion.
Now look at ACR (WARNING, SPOILERS coming up):
Ahmet, who was actually quite nice throughout the whole game, with noble goals. In fact, I liked him more than his brother, who just seemed cruel and heartless. Even Süleyman begs you to spare his life.
Manuel Palaiologos, a man who lost the empire which he was supposed to rule, because the Ottomans took over and who wanted to save his own people.
Even Shakhulu (though he was cruel) had his parents killed by the Ottomans which triggered his hatred.
And all of the Master Assassin targets, the Crusader.. they were not simply evil. Most of them believed that they were making the world a better place.
Tarik Barleti, although not being a templar, was a fantastic addition as well. Seeing Ezio making a huge mistake was just great. I don't like these perfect protagonists.

I could go on, but I don't want to repeat what other people said. ACR wasn't perfect, but then on the other hand, each AC game until now had a lot of flaws and both improved and worsened aspects from the previous title. ACR however showed us that the AC franchise is still loyal to its.. well, creed. I'm prepared for the final part and I'm expecting the best AC game ever.

EDIT: Oh god, how I could I forget about that? The Assassin guild did finally feel like an Assassin guild again. I was so glad that all of the Assassins (even Yusuf) were wearing the right clothes. In AC2, there was a whole bunch of Assassins, but only Ezio wore them, which seemed extremely weird to me. In ACB we had the recruits, but the other Assassins still only wore normal clothes. In ACR, finally, you could feel the presence of the guild. They joined you on missions, they were defending their dens, they were fighting, killing and planning with you. The headquarter was a major improvement to Tiber Island in terms of looks as well.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Excellent observations & points - esp. about the Assassins Guild .

Yusuf brought alot of life to this game imo - his personality made him my favorite most memorable character to date (outside of Ezio)

Dagio12
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
look at all you happy little puppies coming out of the woodworks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Finally a positive thread.. thanks Assassin_M.

Its nice to see people actually appreciate a fine video game, instead of taking everything for granted and not ever being satisfied unless the game was developed exactly like they want.

Sure, it wasn't as big as AC2, but honestly, what it lacks in quantity it makes up in quality. I'd rather have a smaller game that flows smoothly and implements things well with each other, then a game with a whole bunch of stuff that just kinda feels thrown in there to have..... "more stuff". I thought they did a great job with this game. Some of the best put together missions, great emotional story, great graphics, improvement with certain mechanics, and even some new mechanics that may need some work (but I completely give credit to UBI to try out some new stuff..).

There will always be room for improvements, but in no world is ACR a terrible game like some people seem to claim.

naran6142
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
ACR

WOOT WOOT

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

C112408E
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Like I always say to people about these kinds of things: I'm glad that you enjoy it a lot. Unfortunetly, I cannot say that my feelings on this game are similar to your's in any way.

monarcasmoreli
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
The best thing I love of this game was the city. So full of life. Might be the best but can't really say that when Italy was also very good

Assassin_M
12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by C112408E:
Like I always say to people about these kinds of things: I'm glad that you enjoy it a lot. Unfortunetly, I cannot say that my feelings on this game are similar to your's in any way.
Good for you, and thanks..

thekarlone
12-11-2011, 11:46 PM
I love the concept of Den Defense, you have to recover the Templar towers, but I hate the system (the type of mission) that has been designed for it. I would prefer something similar to Den Attack, but in reverse.

LordWolv
12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
I love the concept of Den Defense, you have to recover the Templar towers, but I hate the system (the type of mission) that has been designed for it. I would prefer something similar to Den Attack, but in reverse.
Same. I'd have loved to have footsoldiers running through the streets and gunmen skipping across the roof tops, and you should have some kind of signal button to direct some of your assassins to one place, but of course you can fight as well if you wish.

wabashop2011
12-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Assassin_M basically hit the nail on the head, in regards to my thoughts on ACR.
I absolutely loved it, just so epic.
I loved how the post assassination conversations had that AC1
feel to it, as well as the assassination missions.
Leveling up my assassins in ACR was done much better than ACB, & it felt more personal.
Soundtrack & story wise, was very similar to AC2, in terms of all around epicness.
(I hope that's a word. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif)
Den defense, I have no opinion, because I only defended once, which was during the required memory segment.
My dens were never attacked, because I made sure they wouldn't.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
Since it's been two weeks since I have beaten ACR 100%....
I gotta say it's the best AC game all around.
In terms of writing, story, characters, missions etc.
That is my opinion of course.
If I rated from best to least favorite.

1. Assassin's Creed Revelations

2. Assassin's Creed II

3. Assassin's Creed

4. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (didn't hate it, just dull)

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 04:56 AM
I just hope they continue using the Dens.

AdmiralPerry
12-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Adding my voice to this chorus of lovers of ACR. It's not perfect, but no game is. I was frustrated by Den Defense at first, because it is a rather steep learning curve, but once I figured it out, I managed to squeak out a few wins. I like the back-and-forth between the Templars and the Assassins here--it makes the struggle between them seem real. This is most evident in the Mediterranean Defense game. As I write this, Algiers is under Templar attack, and I need to send a squad to boot them out again.

Like the bombs and the hookblade. Hookblade was a great improvement to navigation, and helped balance Ezio's advancing age. Believe me, I noticed. Bombs are just too much fun, especially when I can make Janissaries magically sprout gold coins. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif That, and I'm a fan of Jeff Dunham, so the bombs make me incredibly happy. *unrelated, I know*

Music was awesome, but then it always is. Loved the new characters, especially Yusuf (http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif) and Sofia. And I like what they did with Ezio, too--I got the feeling that he was sick and tired of dealing with the Templars at every turn by the time the game was done. In his boots, I probably would have done the same thing. Altair sequences were a little short, but they really fleshed out his character. I just wish I had an opportunity to jump into some water just to see what would happen.

Multiplayer is better this time around, too. I'm still plugging away at Brotherhood's MP, and I'm continually getting frustrated by being placed in matches with people whose levels are way above mine. *level 11 noob* Makes advancing really difficult. Addition of a gameplay mode where it's just you and your opponents, no abilities and no compass... I love it. I feel like I can get a foot up now. So far, haven't had any problems getting into matches. *knock on wood* Overall, enjoyable game, and I loved it. Hoping for some single-player DLC soon!