PDA

View Full Version : It all went wrong on Patrol 13!!!!!!! Oh NOOOOO

infacto
04-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi all
Well it all went badly wrong when I was trying to sneak through Gibraltar. 3 destroyers were on me and finally a depth charge landed on my subs hull and it was game over!!!! But then I made a mistake. I clicked out of the game ready to try again but OH NO I hit start new campaign instead :-( all my saved games GONE. Before I new it the DVD was in my hands bending dangerously only with great strength of will did I not snap it. Let this be a lesson to all of us. I have spent a massive amount of time on this game .It is my first venture into a sub sim and this one is a thing of beauty.
I have decided to start again upping the realism to 73% this time and complete all the exams first.

Infacto

panthercules
04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
OH MAN - are you kidding me? can you not have more than 1 career running at the same time? Are you really saying that if you choose "Start New Career" it will wipe out all the saves of your current career?

Does it at least warn you like it does when you load a saved game (when it tells you that will wipe out any later asves in that career)?

I was thinking of starting up a new career just to try out a Type II, but I sure wouldn't want to wipe out my current Type VIIb career just to do that.

MikeJW
04-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I've got two careers on my PC and havent messed up any saves.

JebUSMC
04-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Simple. Just type in another name and start a career with that one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

quillan
04-06-2005, 08:28 AM
It's basically a profile system. Each profile name can only have one career associated with it. If you click START NEW CAREER on an existing profile, it will erase the existing saves under the name. Sorry to hear that, man. I've started making periodic backups of my campaign saves, in case something like that happens.