PDA

View Full Version : Revelations features

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
I was wondering what everyone thought of some of the new features or lack of features the new game is going to have.

1. Alex Amancio has confirmed that Constantinople will be smaller but much more dense than Rome.

2. There will be no horses at all because of the build of the city.

3. Cortesants will no be longer be in the game because of Ottoman views on prostitution. They are being replaced with gypsies or romani which I think is kind of cool.

I personally am not sure how I feel about all that but none of it really bothers me especially number three because they are keeping with historical accuracy which is super important to me. What do you guys think?

RzaRecta357
06-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Sounds good to me. RDR killed horses on ACB for me. ( I thought AC2 had better horses too. )

phil.llllll
06-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

1. Alex Amancio has confirmed that Constantinople will be smaller but much more dense than Rome.

I actually think it's better this way. With so much country Rome felt a little empty.

2. There will be no horses at all because of the build of the city.

Though I'm not surprised at all if this is true because it makes sense, link to the source? Horses really didn't work so well in the densely packed streets of Rome anyway. If the ziplines and climbing hook work they way they should, navigation should be better by default.

3. Cortesants will be longer be in the game because of Ottoman views on prostitution. They are being replaced with gypsies or romani which I think is kind of cool.

Couldn't care less.

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Here is the source for the horses being taken out. http://kotaku.com/5812317/assa...-a-lost-they-promise (http://kotaku.com/5812317/assassins-creed-revelations-is-a-grand-adventure-that-wont-pull-a-lost-they-promise)

Stowdace
06-15-2011, 09:15 PM
The city would probably be denser and have different elevations considering the new hookblade and wire navigation. Regardless, looking forward to this game but the wait is killing me.

k20ml
06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I like No. 1. I like how dense cities in AC were. The roof gaps were short and there were lots of beams and so much platform in general. Since Constantinople, sa stated by Amancio, was something like a downhill city, I expect something that is similar to AC.

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah I agree it kind of has that ACI look to it which is cool. Plus I think the smaller area thing doesn't bother me as much either because of how they want to implement the random events feature which is exactly what the franchise needs. I kind of wish there were still side missions though but I'm so happy they are putting in random events to make the game much more replayable.

Crouching.Tiger
06-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Sounds great! What could bring UbiSoft to think we wanted a city where one half was made up by unoccupied fields of grass? If they got rid of that part we really don't need horses anymore, as they were made for skipping all that boring countryside anyway.

AMuppetMatt
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
I much prefer smaller more crowded cities. They add much more atmosphere and are easier to move around in both with free running and remembering where everything is. I know Rome has some very famous landmarks but I still know my way around Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus much better than Rome simply due to its size. Having a bit city is a novelty and an impressive one at that, but I'd rather keep things smaller and have the atmosphere than go for the impressive larger cities and lose that intimacy.