PDA

View Full Version : A few things I hope to see/fixed in AC2

jonesy96
06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
The first AC was awsome, still is awsome. There are just a few things in am hoping to see/fixed in AC2
1.I am hoping tha AI will be a little bit more aggresive in AC1 a lot of the time they will stand there for a minute then finally attack.
2.I am hoping if you sneak up on a guard or some sort of enemy you are able to grab them and drag them into an alleyway (or somesort of sucluded area) and kill them silently. (all while covering there mouth so they cant yell)
3.(this one would be nice but it isn't a neccisty) I want the ablitly to move dead bodies.
4.I want the health system to be a little diffrent. By this I mean I don't want you to be able to regenerate health while your detector thing (don't know what its called) is blinking yellow (they can't see you) or red. Being able to regenrate health while in these states make the game a little to easy. Maybe even have a little less health. (once you have full sync your pretty much unstoppable)
5.The damage system is a little weird. If you get punched you lose one bar. If you get hit by a weapon you only lose one bar or two by more advanced soliders.I want this to be fixed
There was one more thing I wanted but I cant remeber. If you can confirm any of these please give me a link. Thank you for reading my post and put anything down you want or hope to see/fixed in AC2.

Losk_
06-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by jonesy96:
The first AC was awsome, still is awsome. There are just a few things in am hoping to see/fixed in AC2
1.I am hoping tha AI will be a little bit more aggresive in AC1 a lot of the time they will stand there for a minute then finally attack.
2.I am hoping if you sneak up on a guard or some sort of enemy you are able to grab them and drag them into an alleyway (or somesort of sucluded area) and kill them silently. (all while covering there mouth so they cant yell)
3.(this one would be nice but it isn't a neccisty) I want the ablitly to move dead bodies.
4.I want the health system to be a little diffrent. By this I mean I don't want you to be able to regenerate health while your detector thing (don't know what its called) is blinking yellow (they can't see you) or red. Being able to regenrate health while in these states make the game a little to easy. Maybe even have a little less health. (once you have full sync your pretty much unstoppable)
5.The damage system is a little weird. If you get punched you lose one bar. If you get hit by a weapon you only lose one bar or two by more advanced soliders.I want this to be fixed
There was one more thing I wanted but I cant remeber. If you can confirm any of these please give me a link. Thank you for reading my post and put anything down you want or hope to see/fixed in AC2.

Keep in mind that in AC1 you dont really have health. You just lose your sync with the memory when he is hit. The amount of sync lost do not necessarily need to be in proportion to how much pain or damage would have been inflicted.

Antonsenon
06-16-2009, 06:12 AM
im just hoping that Ezio isn't a warrior like Alta´r

Stormpen
06-16-2009, 06:45 AM
I think Ezio will have a more emotional side.
(cause of his dad being dead, and everything.)

Silhouette1991
06-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Antonsenon:
im just hoping that Ezio isn't a warrior like Alta´r Well he won't be.They said that they wanted to make Ezio more assassin than warrior,and I'm looking forward to that.

revoltingbunny
06-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Well you CAN drag dead bodies... it was said in an interview with patrice... somewhere in this forum there's a thread with a link...

Losk_
06-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by revoltingbunny:
Well you CAN drag dead bodies... it was said in an interview with patrice... somewhere in this forum there's a thread with a link...

Did he say that Ezio can? I remember him talking about how you can hire people from different factions to hide bodies for you.

sensationikke
06-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by revoltingbunny:

I heard the same, i think Ezio can himself.

revoltingbunny
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I think everyone can... Guards bury bodies or just throw them in a river. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif xD

jonesy96
06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonesy96:

Keep in mind that in AC1 you dont really have health. You just lose your sync with the memory when he is hit. The amount of sync lost do not necessarily need to be in proportion to how much pain or damage would have been inflicted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i never thought of that maybe thats why they did that thx i never thought of that

SWJS
06-16-2009, 11:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonesy96:

Keep in mind that in AC1 you dont really have health. You just lose your sync with the memory when he is hit. The amount of sync lost do not necessarily need to be in proportion to how much pain or damage would have been inflicted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Since the sync bar isn't really health, I find having to seek out a doctor to fully sync yourself again to be redundant.

FROGGEman2
06-17-2009, 01:01 AM
*******ED MULTIPLAYER

Kniightt
06-17-2009, 03:10 AM
1. Difficulty. Easy, Normal, Assasin, Master Assasin or something.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
2. Health change with the difficulty (the harder, the lesser health and slower regenerate)
3. Guard strength (health, damage) and number (the harder, the more normal and stronger guards) chage with the difficulty
4. Diverse missions.
5. Hide bodies.

AC 1 was easy sometimes.

DearDirty
06-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Hey man cool ideas, but pretty much all of them have already been implemented.

Do a little reading and you'll find out quite a bit.

Silhouette1991
06-17-2009, 07:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by revoltingbunny:

Did he say that Ezio can? I remember him talking about how you can hire people from different factions to hide bodies for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep.They can also create diversions for you and so on.

Losk_
06-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:

Keep in mind that in AC1 you dont really have health. You just lose your sync with the memory when he is hit. The amount of sync lost do not necessarily need to be in proportion to how much pain or damage would have been inflicted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Since the sync bar isn't really health, I find having to seek out a doctor to fully sync yourself again to be redundant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i started a thread about that topic: here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7901018367)

jenguando1977
06-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I sincerely hope the combat and assassinations will be fixed.It was boring and repetitive.

Just watched the E3 demo and again the combat looks the same with boring pre canned animations.

Why cant the developers give the power to the players to create thrilling kills.In AC1 the combat got boring quickly seeing the same animation over and over again.
Combat needs to be physics based.Wherever my weapon lands then the enemy should react accordingly.

Also the same with assassinations.It was the same precanned animations with him flying through the air.This is cheap and monotonous.
Control should be given to the player.What if i want to stab him in the neck and then throw him?

Precanned animations disgust me and have put me off this game.I hate being spoon fed.Control should be in the hands of the hands of the gamer at all times.

Luis-D
06-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Kniightt:
1. Difficulty. Easy, Normal, Assasin, Master Assasin or something.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
2. Health change with the difficulty (the harder, the lesser health and slower regenerate)
3. Guard strength (health, damage) and number (the harder, the more normal and stronger guards) chage with the difficulty
4. Diverse missions.
5. Hide bodies.

AC 1 was easy sometimes.

Totally agreed with that idea.

jenguando1977
06-19-2009, 05:22 AM
I hope to see the entire game fixed.From what i have seen at E3 it is the same boring precanned animations.LAME LAME LAME.

Make fighting physics based.I hate being spoon fed.

SharpMinded
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
1. Fix the unreal attention when the white light mark out someone.
2. The horse ride very sucks in ac1
3. More places to hide (like in the dark wynd, under the counters)
4. Let the guardians in the chase separate.

Silhouette1991
06-23-2009, 10:33 AM
4. Let the guardians in the chase separate.
That would be great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

kim_hill_546
06-23-2009, 10:38 AM
i would love if you could make decisions like in spider man web of shadows u can decide bad or good.

that and an emotional story, maybe enzio will get a real close friend or sum thin i would love that.

ino it probably sounds cheesy but i think it could work.

Grandmaster_Z
06-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I hope the graphical draw-distance is increased. I know the game is limited by the power of the consoles, but I'm sure the engine can be tweaked and optimized to increase the draw distance and not have so much pop-in.

moqqy
06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
What makes you sure?

obliviondoll
06-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by jonesy96:

Honestly, number 3 is (as others have mentioned) implemented, and I think it's more important than number 2.

Grabbing a live person, hauling them, against their will, down an alley, all the while preventing them from calling out, or hitting or grabbing any nearby people or other objects...
OR
Killing the guy and dragging his corpse into an alley.

Which one makes most sense?

Also, I very much agree with number 1. They've said in several places that this will be implemented though, so hopefully it'll be done well.

EDIT: Because this is important...

Originally posted by jenguando1977:
I hope to see the entire game fixed.From what i have seen at E3 it is the same boring precanned animations.LAME LAME LAME.

Make fighting physics based.I hate being spoon fed.
You don't get what Assassin's Creed is. The combat system is the best modern rendition of real combat I've played.

It's built to make you feel like the character you're controlling is an expert at what he does. The system is built on "canned" animations for a reason. Altair is portrayed, and has been since the earliest images of the game, as an expert swordfighter.

How does one become an expert swordfighter? By learning a response pattern well enough that they don't have to consciously control the action once it starts. That sounds familiar, doesn't it... Oh yea, it's EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT.

What you want in the sense of control would be best achieved by adding (still "canned") extra animations for followup actions after certain moves (for example, stealth assassinate -> catch body so they don't hit the ground before you drag them away, or combo kill -> throw, so you can use the corpse to slow another opponent, either for advantage in the fight, or a break to escape in). While that would be a nice idea, I don't see it as necessary.

Now leave this alone until you learn to appreciate what AC is about.

Silhouette1991
06-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by kim_hill_546:
i would love if you could make decisions like in spider man web of shadows u can decide bad or good.

that and an emotional story, maybe enzio will get a real close friend or sum thin i would love that.

ino it probably sounds cheesy but i think it could work. Well if they put it in that way,then if Ezio is evil,in the ending he would probably join with his enemies and kill his own family or something like that.Does that sound ok to you for a man that wants to save his family not to get killed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif?

kim_hill_546
06-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Well if they put it in that way,then if Ezio is evil,in the ending he would probably join with his enemies and kill his own family or something like that.Does that sound ok to you for a man that wants to save his family not to get killed ?

well when you put it like that mayb not, but i mean like. oooooh i cant put it in words http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif um, if you were to assasinate sum one but they made you an offer lk information for their life, have the decision to take their life or let them life and see if they could come in useful.

then wen you no longer need them kill them. but i would like to be able to decide that if you no what i mean??

OniLinkSword
06-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll add to this.

The one thing I would like to see is the ability to climb everything. That was one thing that bothered me about AC1. You can see a tall castle or the bordering walls, but you can't climb them. I would of loved being able to climb the castle in Jerusalem.