PDA

View Full Version : Western DL...please update.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-28-2006, 06:46 AM
If someone in the West (UK/US) has been able to DL successfully AND apply the add-on without the 4.04 error message, please let the rest of us know.

Thanks,

TB

panzerd18
04-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Do you get the error before you start downloading or after you finish downloading the game?

96th_Nightshifter
04-28-2006, 06:49 AM
It works now mate from the UK and all others I think but I am getting an error now after a sucess in downloading saying that "I need the full version of the game" to intsall this????

I have all the bought games sitting next to me???

panzerd18
04-28-2006, 06:50 AM
96th_Nightshifter

You have 4.04 installed and PF + FB + AEP?

I have DVD version so I hope it works

96th_Nightshifter
04-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by panzerd18:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">96th_Nightshifter

You have 4.04 installed and PF + FB + AEP?

I have DVD version so I hope it works </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I play in Hyperlobby nearly every day.

mandrill7
04-28-2006, 07:08 AM
I just d/l-ed the add-on from the Ubi shopping site. Quite the struggle! No English language instructions. I had to d/l their "booty-box" exe. file. No instructions as to why or how it was to be used. The 1st two d/l's of this prog corrupted and had to be deleted. The 3rd worked.

No instructions as to how to use the "booty box" to d/l the game exe., of course. I screwed around on the Ubi shopping site for 20 goddam minutes clicking everything that looked remotely like a Pe-2 icon and then started to mess around with the booty-box interface. Eventually I clicked something that started the Pe-2 d/l. I can't recall what I clicked.

The d/l went okay, but then the add-on program did not load. Fine. I just need to enter the transaction #. Then, the interface told me that a file had not been d/l-ed correctly and I needed to re-install.

I re-installed and got lucky. All my re-install did was prompt a proper loading of the add-on program into the Il-2 game programme. This went fine, with no further incidents and I was flying the Peshka in the QMB a minute or two later.

Lots of skins, but they don't look that good. The community-made skins are looking a lot better in this one.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-28-2006, 07:10 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

panzerd18
04-28-2006, 07:30 AM
"Oh, apparently the instaler asks for the location where the add-on will be installed. It defaults to the standard Program Files/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmovik or what have you. If you manually point that to the proper folder, it should install bypassing the registry entry, granted of course the folder you specify contains the proper 4.04 merged.

"

SeaNorris
04-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow, this worthless peice of **** is telling me my registration code isn't working.

Fantastic, UBI has shafted me out of a game which I cannot play.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Well, I'm at work and don't have full admin rights thus can't install the boontybox exe. I saved it to my USB drive and will try when I get home. Hopefully it'll work properly <<fingers crossed>>

TB

woofiedog
04-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Had to reinstall Boonty/ then Free Games and let that run... I was getting the same 404 error message after D/L from Free Games downloaded game files the first time around.
The install came up for D/L Game and this went into my IL-2FB/AE/PF files. [this was were it called for my code that came with the comformation e-mail.
Ran game after.

p1ngu666
04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 96th_Nightshifter:
It works now mate from the UK and all others I think but I am getting an error now after a sucess in downloading saying that "I need the full version of the game" to intsall this????

I have all the bought games sitting next to me???

ditto http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
im guessing its cos mine is a old install without the reg keys, and a different place on me harddrive aswell http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I.JG53_Steuben
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
http://forums-de.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/388104122/m/7411008734

F19_Orheim
04-28-2006, 09:07 AM
no problems here at all... just did as they told me to.

p1ngu666
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM
ta steuben http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

translated..

After the Download of the liable to pay the costs ADD Ons over the UBI Shop it can be that one receives the following message with the attempt to install it: "the main play must be already installed on your PC, before you install this ADD on" Although on your PC the newest version of FAP is, the set UP program of the ADD Ons refuses beginning with the installation. This is with high probability because of the fact that the necessary entries are missing in the Windows Registry. A possible reason for it is that the play was overacted as backup copy from DVD on the PC. In this case no keys are written into the Registry. Therefore that must be retrieved by hand, before the ADD on can be installed. 1. Copy you the following text into an empty text file: 2. Change the paths in such a way that they correspond to the conditions of your PC. It notes that in the path always two Backslashes must be written. 3. Store the file and designate it in FAP.reg over. If you do not see file name extensions, you must adjust in the Explorer only. 4. Doppelkicke afterwards the file FAP.reg. Windows asks you whether the data are to be registered into the Rgistrierung. Confirm this with "". 5. Now you can install the ADD on. Follow the instructions of the set UP program.