PDA

View Full Version : SOW Question

Carl1781
01-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Before I ask the question, can I just say I can't wait to play this game, but am not going to complain about the wait, and to all those that do can I just say would you rather the game was released full of bugs,holes and crashes that will not only spoil your gameplay and the confidence in the game, resulting in bad press for the game and a possibility of damaging your PC software configeration outside of the game ?

Ok rant over now the question - I have read all I can about SOW and have seen the main vid explaining the details within the game but I cant find anywhere if they have used the actual weather conditions for each day ?

I really hope so because a lot of what makes IL2 special for me is not just the aircraft modelling but the views and the whole atmosphere created by both scenery and accurate weather. I have seen how well the clouds etc have been created but I think that if the weather conditions in the game reflected "as it was" on that particular day it would just take the game to the next level realisim and feel.

Have fun.

Mr C.

Capt.LoneRanger
01-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Carl1781:
Before I ask the question, can I just say I can't wait to play this game, but am not going to complain about the wait, and to all those that do can I just say would you rather the game was released full of bugs,holes and crashes that will not only spoil your gameplay and the confidence in the game, resulting in bad press for the game and a possibility of damaging your PC software configeration outside of the game ?

Ok rant over now the question - I have read all I can about SOW and have seen the main vid explaining the details within the game but I cant find anywhere if they have used the actual weather conditions for each day ?

I really hope so because a lot of what makes IL2 special for me is not just the aircraft modelling but the views and the whole atmosphere created by both scenery and accurate weather. I have seen how well the clouds etc have been created but I think that if the weather conditions in the game reflected "as it was" on that particular day it would just take the game to the next level realisim and feel.

Have fun.

Mr C.

I doubt that. I doubt there is enough information about the weather in enough detail during the complete BoB over the whole southern England and northern France area. And even if there was, I doubt it would be worth the effort.

There is a dynamic weather system allready included, though, changing clouds and winds depending on various influences.

major_setback
01-08-2008, 04:39 AM
I asked this question over at the other forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2039

I think it wouldn't be too difficult to find out about the weather. I have a book with details of every single event in the battle (all raids, numbers of aircraft in each raid, numbers shot down, pilots lost etc. for each day). It was such a short period in history that a static campaign could be made, with approximate weather for each day I.M.O.

Carl1781
01-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Yeah I dont think it would be too difficult to find out about the weather either. I am sure the Met Office in London has records of temps, persperation and cloud density etc there data may even be available in public libraries - I had a quick look and they have the data back to 1996 online so I am sure they have records much further back.

Nevermind I aint going to die in a ditch over it just thought I would ask. I agree with your post major_setback on the 1cpublishing forum.

I am sure they will have the weather correct for eagle day and days preceding where it is know or as near as possible to guestimate.

buddye1
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
The weather info is avaible for each day of the BOB (sorry I do not have our source). We modelled the actually weather for each day in BOBII (called it actual weather).

We had to make it optional (and even re-edit our weather file) as the weather was bad too many days (actual) and it impacted game play fun and FPS with so much inclement weather.

I still use it but it was removed from the game. It can be turned back on by requesing the old actual weather file.