PDA

View Full Version : "Known problems"

Gbucket
03-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Quoted from the readme that comes with the game..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On NVidia GeForce6800 GT with 66.93 drivers there are some performance losses when the player uses Binoculars, UZO, or Periscope while the submarine is moving.The image becames foggy and the frames per second drop.
The manufacturer is aware of the problem and it may be solved in the future driver versions.

On ATI Radeon 8500,9000,9200 there are graphic artefacts consisting in missing triangles
from the game sky. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please check back later today for a temp fix for the particle system problem and be aware that these are known problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Installing video drivers

If you experience any graphical problems, please install the latest video
drivers available for your video card. Links to the most popular video cards
manufacturers are available at the bottom of this document.

Latest ATI Drivers:
http://www.ati.com

Latest NVIDIA Drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com

Latest Matrox Drivers:
http://www.matrox.com

Latest Creative Labs Drivers:
http://www.creative.com

Latest Hercules Drivers:
http://www.hercules.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.2. Installing sound drivers

If you experience any sound problems, please install the latest sound
drivers available for your sound card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.3. Installing DirectX

Silent Hunter III needs DirectX 9.0c to run properly. To get the latest version of
DirectX, please visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gbucket
03-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Quoted from the readme that comes with the game..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On NVidia GeForce6800 GT with 66.93 drivers there are some performance losses when the player uses Binoculars, UZO, or Periscope while the submarine is moving.The image becames foggy and the frames per second drop.
The manufacturer is aware of the problem and it may be solved in the future driver versions.

On ATI Radeon 8500,9000,9200 there are graphic artefacts consisting in missing triangles
from the game sky. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please check back later today for a temp fix for the particle system problem and be aware that these are known problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Installing video drivers

If you experience any graphical problems, please install the latest video
drivers available for your video card. Links to the most popular video cards
manufacturers are available at the bottom of this document.

Latest ATI Drivers:
http://www.ati.com

Latest NVIDIA Drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com

Latest Matrox Drivers:
http://www.matrox.com

Latest Creative Labs Drivers:
http://www.creative.com

Latest Hercules Drivers:
http://www.hercules.com

6.2. Installing sound drivers

If you experience any sound problems, please install the latest sound
drivers available for your sound card.

6.3. Installing DirectX

Silent Hunter III needs DirectX 9.0c to run properly. To get the latest version of
DirectX, please visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoboWulf
03-17-2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the response Ubi.

A temp fix is certainly acceptable until a permanent fix is arrived at...hopefully quite soon.

I did allot of troubleshooting/testing last night w/different settings and different nVidia drivers.

The best "temp solultion" that I have come up with so far is to turn off all anisotropic filters via my driver menu and lower the particle density slider to around 70%.

This at least gives me the game in a "playable" state. I can use the UZO and the binoc's at any speed and in any direction. I still get some pretty bad problems w/the spray "wash out", but the target ships are visible enough to use the systems. I have zero problems or graphics issues while using either periscope at any depth or speed.

While this is not a satisfactory permanent solution, it at least gets me playable until the bug can be eliminated (not just "masked" by turning off all particle effects). That is not an acceptable fix, because a large part of the immersion factor in this game is the graphics, which includes wakes, tracers, ship pieces flying off, smoke, fire, etc. Turn off all particle effects to eliminate the spray white-out and the immersion factor disappears (IMO).

BTW...my system specs are as follows:

Athlon 3200+; Gigabyte Nforce2 motherboard; eVga 6800GT 256mhz video card using the newest 71.84 WQHL drivers (oc'd to 401mhz core/1.10ghz memory); 2 ghz DDR2 400mhz ram; Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer sound card.

Thanks for posting/replying to the community, thanks for a freakin' amazing game, and here's hoping we get a solid, no bs fix (not a "just turn it off" work around) for the graphics issue soon.

derHerrKaleun
03-17-2005, 04:06 AM
hello guys,

nice to hear that u are working on the prob, do u have any eta for the "half-way fix" please?

thx

Gbucket
03-17-2005, 04:13 AM
Check back later today.

CapitaineNicool
03-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Already ??? Great ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ezfox
03-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi UbiRazz - can you tell us something about the Multiplayer not working in NAT-environment (READY-Button Issue) ?
Will there be a fix in the next days ?

ACSoft
03-17-2005, 05:35 AM
Hello,

I just want let you know that the particle problem is apparently not concerning only the GeForce6800GT. I have exactly the same problem with my GeForce4 Ti 4600.

Like LoboWulf, I made a lot a test yesterday night, including testing the very last NVidia driver 71.84, but unfortunately, without to be able to overcome the problem.

Rest of my machine spec's are:

Motherboard MSI 845E Max2 with Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4 GHz. Sound: motherboard chip. RAM 1 GB. OS: Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

This game is really fantastic, therefore, I really hope that the dev team will be able to solve this very bad problem. I cross my fingers !

Ronnysannchen
03-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Hi,

what`s about the ATI 9200?
Will you fix the bug?

DaSloth
03-17-2005, 06:48 AM
AAaarrggghhhh.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif I was hoping that the Ti4600 would be immune to this.... my copy hasn't arrived yet and already I am furious.... I hope they get this sorted out quickly...

VVS-Manuc
03-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Ti4400 is also affected http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

alphaBeta_
03-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Also on the Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE. The white-out effect is definitely there.

I'm also seeing the big white circle in the sky. No other stars around at all. It's essentially a 2D looking black sheet with a bright white circle that dominates most of the sheet. It just hovers there in the sky, and makes finding ships in that direction rather difficult.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the SHIII update UBIRazz!. Overall SHIII is running great and I'm very proud of what the dev team did with all the historical research, graphic, sound and special effects which make SHIII unique among sub sims. Thanks SOOO MUCH!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
03-17-2005, 08:17 AM
REPORTING UNMOVEABLE PERISCOPE internal sub 3d mode.

I would like to say that even if you have both attack/observation periscopes fully extended to the sky outside the sub, when your inside the periscope remains on the floor. This is happening in the Type 7C sub. Its possible the dev team will make this moveable inside the sub(s) when there is a patch? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Poacher886a
03-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I've not got the game yet but reading a couple of post's about the Gramaphone prob is bothering me.
Aparently you can't play record's unless you also have the background music on!!!

VVS-Manuc
03-17-2005, 08:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Poacher886:
I've not got the game yet but reading a couple of post's about the Gramaphone prob is bothering me.
Aparently you can't play record's unless you also have the background music on!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Remove all files except the music.cfg file from the sound/music/ directory. Copy your mp3 files into the gramophone directory...switch music on...voila http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

aeonfunk
03-17-2005, 09:23 AM
The Nvidia FX Go5600 mobile is also effected by this.

PostalDudeNL
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Em about the (On NVidia GeForce6800 GT with 66.93 drivers there are some performance losses when the player uses Binoculars, UZO, or Periscope while the submarine is moving.The image becames foggy and the frames per second drop.
The manufacturer is aware of the problem and it may be solved in the future driver versions.) problem.. i have a FX5900XT with 61.77 drivers and i have te problem with the binoculars to the periscope is not a problem though..

Aviar
03-17-2005, 10:37 AM
The AI deck\flak gunners will not fire unless you first lock a target with your binoculars.

All those commands for your gunners absolutely do not work unless you first lock the target. Then, when they destroy that target, you must then lock another target for them or they will not shoot anything.

This can't be correct. I (the captain) shouldn't need to hold their collective hands for the gunners to do their job.

Hopefully they will address this issue. I've seen a bunch of posts on this already.

***EDIT: I guess this is not a bug after all. Please see my post on page 2.***

Aviar

lusitania2005
03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone. I will be getting my Silent Hunter 3 hopefully tomorrow. Will the game run smoothly on my computer. I have a:

Windows XP
SP2
2.018 Ghz
1024 Ram
Nvidia 6600 GT AGP
DVD ROM Drive
CDr/DVDr Drive
Direct X 9.0c

LoneWulfe
03-17-2005, 01:11 PM
lusitania2005

It will run great!

fordfan25
03-17-2005, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aviar:
The AI deck\flak gunners will not fire unless you first lock a target with your binoculars.

All those commands for your gunners absolutely do not work unless you first lock the target. Then, when they destroy that target, you must then lock another target for them or they will not shoot anything.

This can't be correct. I (the captain) shouldn't need to hold their collective hands for the gunners to do their job.

Hopefully they will address this issue. I've seen a bunch of posts on this already.

Aviar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have that problem also. makes it extra hard when you hve the 6800 bug lol

Hatchetforce
03-17-2005, 02:42 PM
I have experienced the same issue. I have the torpedo room full of men. I have realistic reload times on. All rested with an officer present. I have auto reload turned on. Also I have spare torpedoes and have attempted to fire an empty tube. For over 2 hours it has been telling me torpedo reloading. The time always says 10:55. Anyone have a guess on this?

hakentt
03-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Patch is WORTHLESS! Did not fix the multiplayer mod at all. I unabled my firewall and only if am lucky I can get that READY button. Instead all the people get "OK". The multiplayer needs a fix emidiatly.

UBI=uncopetent

Aviar
03-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok guys, forget about my post regarding the 'bug' with the AI gunners. Here is the deal. This was noticed because most people were playing the training missions. Apparently, the 'enemies' in these missions are actually 'neutrals'. Your gunners won't fire on neutrals unless specifically ordered to. In this case, that means locking the target in your binoculars and commanding your gunner(s) to fire. Against 'real' enemies the gunners will obey such commands as 'Fire at will'.

Aviar

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 09:39 PM
New patch has created a repair bug, where by the crew will not repair any damage to the sub.

fordfan25
03-17-2005, 10:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aviar:
Ok guys, forget about my post regarding the 'bug' with the AI gunners. Here is the deal. This was noticed because most people were playing the training missions. Apparently, the 'enemies' in these missions are actually 'neutrals'. Your gunners won't fire on neutrals unless specifically ordered to. In this case, that means locking the target in your binoculars and commanding your gunner(s) to fire. Against 'real' enemies the gunners will obey such commands as 'Fire at will'.

Aviar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O awsome then. i kinda had a feeling that might be the prob. iv gone around and tried to get attacked by enemy planes in single mission but have yet to have it happen. thats a good discovery buddy.

fordfan25
03-17-2005, 10:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hatchetforce:
I have experienced the same issue. I have the torpedo room full of men. I have realistic reload times on. All rested with an officer present. I have auto reload turned on. Also I have spare torpedoes and have attempted to fire an empty tube. For over 2 hours it has been telling me torpedo reloading. The time always says 10:55. Anyone have a guess on this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea thats happend to me 3 times so far. iv also noticed that when i go into riged for silent running that the torps wont reload evenb if i go back to normal running.

cow9th
03-18-2005, 01:10 AM
sorry if this has been mentioned but i need to head of for work right now.

my keycard doesnt match my keys (euro version dvd 1.1)
engines stop takes up the snorkel key. ⬠does nothing, i cannot find the snorkel depth key yet.

thanks

glenninoz
03-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Copy of SH3 dvd
Nvidia TI4400 with latest drivers 7.1.8.4
Latest creative audigy drivers
I have direct x 9.0c
Pentium 4 2.4
512megs of ram
Installed patch 1.1
The patch has fixed the binocular view but when i hit ctrl+p it doesnt fix the uzo bug . Im in australia so i guess the correct patch is the asia region . Is this correct
Regards glenno.

Frederf220
03-18-2005, 02:57 AM
Early subs don't have a snorkel, so they don't work.

mabad
03-18-2005, 03:32 AM
After installing the PAtch 1.1 I was surprised that during one of the academy sessions, the torpedo one I think, while submerged, I could press F4 (Tower/Brücke).

The funniest thing is that fhe officer and the other guys were there, using binoculars under the water (lol!) The bubbles coming from the sub were giving it all a surreal touch.

I could not retire manually the guys from the tower as when I removed the last one they were yearning to be under water and all of them went out, somehow, without flooding the sub.

Comments:

1. When I pressed P to go to periscope depth everybody went back in, as they should have a while ago. But it was funny seing everybody whishing to use the binoculars under water.

2. I don't know whether I can leave the turm without watch, as I have been only playing academy (this could be right, as probably makes no sense leaving the tower unmanned when on the surface)

Hatchetforce
03-18-2005, 04:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hatchetforce:
I have experienced the same issue. I have the torpedo room full of men. I have realistic reload times on. All rested with an officer present. I have auto reload turned on. Also I have spare torpedoes and have attempted to fire an empty tube. For over 2 hours it has been telling me torpedo reloading. The time always says 10:55. Anyone have a guess on this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea thats happend to me 3 times so far. iv also noticed that when i go into riged for silent running that the torps wont reload evenb if i go back to normal running. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I uninstalled then re-installed, applied the patch and the gamne runs normally. Also, run the torpedo training in the Naval Academy to be sure it is your install. If it works in the Naval Academy scenario, go back to your save game, turn Silent Running on, then set it to off again and see if that doesn't clear matters up.

No Damage Control repairs will occur while the boat is in Silent Running. If this is hanging and not disengaging properly, it will affect your damage control crew's ability to act.

TopCat007
03-18-2005, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:

yea thats happend to me 3 times so far. iv also noticed that when i go into riged for silent running that the torps wont reload evenb if i go back to normal running. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I uninstalled then re-installed, applied the patch and the gamne runs normally. Also, run the torpedo training in the Naval Academy to be sure it is your install. If it works in the Naval Academy scenario, go back to your save game, turn Silent Running on, then set it to off again and see if that doesn't clear matters up.

No Damage Control repairs will occur while the boat is in Silent Running. If this is hanging and not disengaging properly, it will affect your damage control crew's ability to act. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably you were on "Schleichfahrt" (don't know the English term for that, maybe silent run?). As long as you're on Schleichfahrt, the crew does neither reload the torpedoes nor repair any damage, which is imho quite realistic.

SWE_miltech
03-18-2005, 07:11 AM
??known probs w logitec wireless on not updatet game??. all stopp, hard port,,among missing.. will patch up euuro1.1 and remap..

archer49d
03-18-2005, 10:13 AM
I read that the Dev team says that I cannot man the deck guns due to rough waters, when out of a storm, I would beinclined to accept this, however the water was like a mirror (not a single wave, my wake was the talles swell out there) and the game still told me I'm in a storm and cannot man the guns.

Hatchetforce
03-18-2005, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TopCat007:

No Damage Control repairs will occur while the boat is in Silent Running. If this is hanging and not disengaging properly, it will affect your damage control crew's ability to act. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably you were on "Schleichfahrt" (don't know the English term for that, maybe silent run?). As long as you're on Schleichfahrt, the crew does neither reload the torpedoes nor repair any damage, which is imho quite realistic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that is not it. Earlier when I was having difficulty, the Silent Run would not disengage. You could turn it off and on and off again and it still would not disengage. It said it was off but it had some feature that was not completely turning off. You could blow ballast and surface and still some part of Silent Running was still affecting the crew and not allowing Damage Control or Torpedo loading to occur. I sat there and repeatedly clicked Secure from Silent Ruinning and it continued to affect those two actions. But as I said, an Uninstall and Re-Install solved the issue.

Osakajoe
03-18-2005, 11:34 AM
On Euro Keyboards the ~ Key does not do anything'but it should be a the All Stop Key.

glenninoz
03-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers and the cntr+p now works .

razalom
03-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Which version drivers are those glenninoz? On 66.93 with fx5500 I am getting about 2 frams a minute on periscope view.

Monkeywho
03-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Career Mode:

Type IIA Sub

Further Info on Incorrect Engine Telegraph in Sonar Station.

It seems to be set wrongly. Example: At 1/3 it shows Full Back, and Standard it shows 2/3s back. Please fix. Thanks

Copyoffline
03-19-2005, 08:18 AM
i have none of that problems. I have no whiteouts (ATI Radeon x800) and my gunners fire at targets that i want to. Im using the european version tho.

But there is one thing. Im not sure if its a bug.

When i reward my crew with medals their capacitance increase but when i run out to the next mission its back where it was before ive given that crewman the medal.

Copyoffline
03-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I have another discussion about this problem but i want to have it said here also.

There is no tool to mesure the angles. Please give us some kind of protrector. I need a tool to draw the bearing from sonar man and watch officer on the map.

marauderiv
03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
In global navigation map (F5), the clear map icon on upper right corner doesn't work when clicked on. This is after patching up game to ver 1.1. Another bug is crash to desktop when I switched crew management from surface attack to surface cruise after engagement. This CTD happened twice in my 4-hrs of gaming. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So I manually manage crews all the way. CTD only occurs with auto-managing and not with manual managing.

Copyoffline
03-19-2005, 01:15 PM
clean map works fine for me in 1.1

bweiss
03-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Dunno if this is listed yet. I've had the bridge watch stay on the bridge after diving. I'd hit the bridge button, go up there and look at em still using binos and scanning the horizon, but all under water. Was funny to see the bubbles from the hull floating up like they was drounding or somefink. Anyway, I went in and hit the crew mode for submerged and they came in. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Copyoffline
03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
i think this was fixed in 1.1 patch

Yog_Shoggoth
03-19-2005, 03:06 PM
This has probably been mentioned before, but I can't find it. When on deck it allways looks like night, and there is a giant square with a white center that obstructs the view. An entire 90 degrees of my veiw is blocked. It wasn't there before the patch.

archer49d
03-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Crew on deck after five has not been completley corrected, as after you enter a saved game that was saved underwater you will have 4 seamen on deck, to correct you must surface and sumerge again, I hope this error can be corrected in 1.2...

Furthermore, wakes are visible through the ocean (behind a wave), and lights are visible through crewmen and structures while in port.

foxhound01
03-19-2005, 06:09 PM
When you are on a mission and you are re-assigned to a NEW base (thrue radio message) and the base wasnt on map before (so this means the base was captured by the germans during your patrol, I think) you wont be able to go to that new base. Go in an old one, reload your sub and than you get the order to go to your assigned base again.
So it cost you one patrol just to get to your new base.

Looked in the forum and saw nobody else talking about this.

My base was willemshaven, during patrol got assigned to brest but brest wasnt on the map, I did go for my world card (included with the game) and looked for the location, so I just went there to se if there even was a base.............No base.
Pressed ESC to see if I could choose dock at brest..........NO brest dock.
SO I did go to lorient, ended the mission and resupplied, got the order to go to brest. Now in the new mission brest was on map.

ajd1170
03-19-2005, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alphaBeta_:
Also on the Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE. The white-out effect is definitely there.

I'm also seeing the big white circle in the sky. No other stars around at all. It's essentially a 2D looking black sheet with a bright white circle that dominates most of the sheet. It just hovers there in the sky, and makes finding ships in that direction rather difficult. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ajd1170
03-19-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't find the thread on this problem. Have you received any responses? Is there a fix out there?

hakentt
03-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Big problem!

Am playing carier game and on my second patrol all enemy ships are stationary and they don't attack me at all. When I sink them I don't get the credit for kill. This is very poor from ubisoft developers.

Copyoffline
03-20-2005, 04:58 AM
When you hit a ship right under its screws, its losing its screws and rudders but is still doing full speed and going around other sinking ships.

Its a bug im sure now. I have destroyed the rudders and screws of ships now 4 times and they were all still going without them like they were never hit.

Monkeywho
03-20-2005, 11:33 AM
More bugs found from Captain Monkeywho of U-2 IIA

1.) Coming back into port at night the harbor lights could be seen through one of my watch men.

2.) Battery gauges in 3d interior do not work at all. (They don't show the proper level) Neither the ones at in the aft section of the TYPE II control room or the one to the right of the Navigation station.

Suggestion:

Harbor is awesome, Wilhelm, but it took me a while to figure out which dock to dock at and to navigate my way towards it. Any chance we can get some ships as escorts like the subs had in WWII?

Phil_C
03-20-2005, 03:04 PM
I noticed that multi prop ships and some of the late war u-boats, have one stationary prop.

Also, as stated in another thread, i hear the rain and thunder and see the lightning buit i dont see any rain at all.

erikkai66
03-20-2005, 07:03 PM
My bug list that I have compiled after many times attempting to recreate the bugs...

1. Crewmen remain on the bridge when I simply dive using "Periscope Depth." To correct, I must hit the "Dive" key and then hit periscope depth.

2. Recognition Manual no longer allows us to choose ship compartment to target. Seemed to work prior to patch.

3. Weather seems to be stuck in "Mild" mode, as the North Sea is the same in February as it is in July.

4. Deck gun crew can hit a target 4000 meters away in pitch darkness on a moonless night. Yeah, right!

5. Although not a bug, the manual is grossly inadequate for this remarkable game!

Thanks, DEVS!

Cavalier889
03-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I haven't seen this on this site, so I thought I would add a heads up to you...

Apparently, in some (many?) cases Allied ships engage in highly uncharacteristic naval battles with each other...

Here's a link to a thread for info.

http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30169

Drakkhen_Khort
03-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi.

on 2K, not patched yet SH3: noticed some funny crash source.

Put a nav point, set acctime to 1024 and before arriving at the waypoint, create a range circle with pair of compasses and keep button pressed until UBoot reaches WP... back to windows!

WargamerScott
03-21-2005, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by archer49d:
I read that the Dev team says that I cannot man the deck guns due to rough waters, when out of a storm, I would beinclined to accept this, however the water was like a mirror (not a single wave, my wake was the talles swell out there) and the game still told me I'm in a storm and cannot man the guns. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing happened to me. On my return trip from my first patrol (26000 GRT), my crew would not re-man any of the guns. Even though the sun was shining and the water calm, my bridge crew just stood there wearing their storm gear like crazies. Even more to the point, my navigator confirmed we were in calm weather!

WargamerScott
03-21-2005, 12:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by erikkai66:
My bug list that I have compiled after many times attempting to recreate the bugs...

5. Although not a bug, the manual is grossly inadequate for this remarkable game!

Thanks, DEVS! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full agreement here! The manual barely scratches the surface. I do hope UbiSoft comes out with a supplemental strategy guide. Failing that, I hope one of the hardcore sub simmers around here puts together a supplemental online guide. I know a lot more is going on in this game than the manual seems to indicate.

Iohann Moritz
03-21-2005, 03:21 AM
I suffered a serious AI bug yesterday in the Convoy Attack Training Mission at the Naval Academy.
After I had sunk the first row of ships in a single torpedo broadside, the patrol craft sailing astern of the convoy came towards my position. I assumed she would collaborate with the destroyer that was already searching for me.
I don't know at what range the patrol craft and the destroyer started shooting at each other! As they closed in, the destroyer had all chances with him and scored a hit on the craft's bridge that set it afire and made it turn away from him. I checked their flags and they were both the same.

Hope this doesn't happen during my career... It was quite fun seeing such a fierce combat from the aerial view, though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif