PDA

View Full Version : How do i play...

domenlovrec
12-20-2007, 09:36 AM
hi

I've been playing SH3 for a week now and during this time i installed GWX and SH3 Commander. Realisem 100% make things quiet interesting but also frustrating. So here is my question, just tell me if i play right. Since there are no dots on map (ship) i relay on my sonar. I stay at periscope depth (AM64) and wait for sonar guy to report bearing. After that i rush to the new position hoping that ship will apere in my scope. From time to time i surface because of the CO2. Is this realy "the best" way to find targets?

domenlovrec
12-20-2007, 09:36 AM
hi

I've been playing SH3 for a week now and during this time i installed GWX and SH3 Commander. Realisem 100% make things quiet interesting but also frustrating. So here is my question, just tell me if i play right. Since there are no dots on map (ship) i relay on my sonar. I stay at periscope depth (AM64) and wait for sonar guy to report bearing. After that i rush to the new position hoping that ship will apere in my scope. From time to time i surface because of the CO2. Is this realy "the best" way to find targets?

Foehammer-1
12-20-2007, 10:22 AM
No sir. Many of us have our own approaches. Here is mine.

Go to your quadrant, think of the route merchants may take, and plot a route that zigs and zags across that route (Grid AM 52 is best for it, just go north-south-north-south). Stay on the surface. Set speed to ahead slow. Once in a while you will get a radio message indicating a ship in vicinity, or you will spot the ship.

Never try to outrun a ship submerged. You will be very slow and will make one heck of a racket. All DD's will come chasing you. Unless you are in a XXI boat that does 17 knots underwater. But i dont like that boat.

Anyway, get in front of a ship, dive, stop engines and listen. Adjust your position according to the bearing of ship's noise.

Wait for a ship to come to you, preferrably in front, within 1000 meters and roughly 90 degrees between boat's bow and ship's course. Then just fire.

It takes some practice, dont worry! If i were you, i'd turn off "no external view" for the time being, so its easier to figure out how to line yourself up. Good luck! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif