PDA

View Full Version : torque roll ???0_0???

nakamura_kenji
10-27-2005, 03:06 AM
i just try land carrier use f2 buffalo and notice it very very hard becuase if slow speed increase throttle it cause plane to roll because engine torque. this suprise much because always thought f2 was quite under power.

so after see what happen f2 i try corsair plane call "ensign eliminator" for reason because torque roll. as came approch i bit to low so thought i try see happen go 30% to 100% throttle. not thing no single bit of role all 0_0 no matter how quick/slow try i not able get corsair to roll anything same as f2 ????0_0????.

can someone explain plane that meant no be very powerful have large torque roll but large power fighter that was no for nasty habit of torque roll has little to none?

is it so america not moan when crash all time on landing? or oleg make mistake or plane real like that??

WOLFMondo
10-27-2005, 03:17 AM
I think part of the reason the Corsair was difficult to land was the pilots view over the nose and why a specific landing technique had to be developed to land it. There ain't much torque roll on it though, the Spitfires have a much bigger torque roll than any of the Corsairs.

The Hellcat in 4.01 had impressive torque roll, really noticable when you left the end of the carrier. The general toning down of torque and interia seems to have effected all torque roll on all planes though.

danjama
10-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Im disapointed with the lack of torque in the game. I agree with what the original poster is saying. The Corsair is a **** powerful plane and very heavy. Surely it should induce lots of torque roll going from 30 throttle steady strait to 100?! This is a issue with lots of planes IMO. Just not enough torque in game all round. WW2 plane pilots make it clear that they could actually torque roll their planes although i dont recall which planes/pilots.

bazzaah2
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
there is some but not enough, as far as I can tell. You can still jump from 0 to 100% throttle with ease and little ill effect. Hope that will be addressed.

DaimonSyrius
10-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bazzaah2:
there is some but not enough, as far as I can tell. You can still jump from 0 to 100% throttle with ease and little ill effect. Hope that will be addressed.

My feelings also, it's there and it's felt a bit more in the appropriate situations... however, its magnitude, the amount of torque, is (feels) too small. To me it looks as if the torque model is behaving more or less ok, but is like 'reduced in scale', sort of factored down. As if the torque value was multiplied by a coefficient <1 (0.5 or half, for instance) in the final output of the model.

Cheers,
S.

Archangel2980
10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifhttp://jitcrunch.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazo3N19GX28xLmp wZ3xsb2FkPUwwLGh0dHA6Ly96b29tLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20vN i84OTA5Nzc2X3pvb20uanBnfHxzY2FsZT1MMCwzNDEsMjQ1fGN vbXBvc2U9YmxhbmssTDAsQWRkLDcwLDEwOHxsb2FkPW1hc2ssY mxhbms6NzdfRl9tYXNrX28xLmpwZ3xjb21wb3NlPWJsYW5rLG1 hc2ssTWFzaywwLDB8Y3A9cmVzdWx0LGJsYW5rfHNjYWxlPXJlc 3VsdCwwLDQ4MHxsb2FkPXNhbXBsZSxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmNhZmV wcmVzcy5jb20vY29udGVudC9nbG9iYWwvaW1nL3NhbXBsZV9jc nVuY2hfb3ZlcmxheS5naWZ8c2NhbGU9c2FtcGxlLDAsNDgwfGN vbXBvc2U9cmVzdWx0LHNhbXBsZSxBZGQsMCwwfGNvbXByZXNza W9uPTk1fA==

Waldo.Pepper
10-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Consider the weight difference between the Buffalo and the Corsair.

Perhaps the Corsair weighs too much to roll as readily as the Buffalo. Also consider that the weight of the Buffalo is distributed differently, more concentrated (for lack of a better term the Buffalo is tubbier!) small wingspan.