PDA

View Full Version : What do you find most noticeable about new sounds????

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Firstly do you find the voices seem different, they appear more distant.Is this meant to be a new sound and you just have to get used to it.In the past wingmen etc..voices appeared louder? Also other aircraft can be heard when you fly near them.

What sound settings are you guys using??

Ive got a soundblaster live 1024 anyone got something similar just curious to see how things are going in the sound department.

Cheers /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Firstly do you find the voices seem different, they appear more distant.Is this meant to be a new sound and you just have to get used to it.In the past wingmen etc..voices appeared louder? Also other aircraft can be heard when you fly near them.

What sound settings are you guys using??

Ive got a soundblaster live 1024 anyone got something similar just curious to see how things are going in the sound department.

Cheers /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
I find they are more postional, clearer and fuller. I can hear the wind now in my 109. Not sure if it is new or if I could just not hear it before.

The gun sounds are simply amazing too.

To me the quality of the sound is greatly improved 500%.

Sound card in my sig.....

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (44.03)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:04 PM
I agree - sound has really improved 10 fold (Audigy 2)

I like the "pulsing" sound of the engine running - and the Migs (external) sound really threatening now - in fact, all the planes sound more threatening (especially in intense furballs!)

<center> http://www.autumnhullphoto.com/fbsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Heavier, meatier sounds. I can hear the drums of cannon fire from other planes quite clearly now. Like other have said.

Need to fly a mission among Flak, see how that feels. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, Is there a `WHUP` wind sound for the propellers now? I`m sure there is.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:07 PM
I went home for lunch and took a quick run in the hurri to see what if anything has changed. Try a low pass at a truck or something. The guns sound incredible, and also make sounds like thw mmovies when you hit the ground. Damn good if you ask me. And the Dora, as someone mentioned earlier sounds much better.

lil'

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:07 PM
i dunno i got a sb audigy with quadriphonic speakers and with extensions on its all muffled http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Audigy 2 5.1 speaker setup working real good

For everything their is a appointed time,and their is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to be born, and time to die. A time to laugh, and a time to weep. A time for peace, and now it is a time for War.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:15 PM
TIP!!!!

I find if I'm getting muffled and distorted sounds the volume in windoze is too high. I run my windows volume at 75% and get no distortian or muffled sounds in any games (got it alot in GPL, EA's F1 series games and Nascar 2003 until I did this).

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (44.03)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home