PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters US Navy Career Length

AZChukagny
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
In my last career as a US Navy Fighter pilot,I played the campaigns in order (starting at the Coral Sea) and had completed about 35 missions until I had completed the Tarawa campaign in 1943. Then, I was unexpectadely ordered to ecort bombers over Okinawa in 1945. After completing that mission, the game said that my career in the war was completed. This confused me as I had seen other campaigns listed at the beginning of the career between Tarawa and Okinawa. Why didn't I get to fly in those campaigns? Is there a limit on the number of missions you can fly in a career?

Thanks!

AZChukagny
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
In my last career as a US Navy Fighter pilot,I played the campaigns in order (starting at the Coral Sea) and had completed about 35 missions until I had completed the Tarawa campaign in 1943. Then, I was unexpectadely ordered to ecort bombers over Okinawa in 1945. After completing that mission, the game said that my career in the war was completed. This confused me as I had seen other campaigns listed at the beginning of the career between Tarawa and Okinawa. Why didn't I get to fly in those campaigns? Is there a limit on the number of missions you can fly in a career?

Thanks!

Zeus-cat
04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
The dynamic careers can skip entire campaigns if you are wounded. It may do that for other reasons as well.

While these careers have some nice features, I found that the silly or impossible missions that are sometimes created to be immersion killers. The one mission I always bring up is flying a search and rescue nission for a guy in a rubber raft. My assigned altitude? 11,500 feet. I flew the mission at 500 feet and BARELY saw the guy after 5 or 6 passes through the target area after the Mission Success message came up.

Most people seem to prefer teh excellent user made campaigns available at numerous sites. Check out my stuff at M4T (link below).

crucislancer
04-27-2009, 11:23 AM
AZChukagny, like Zeus-cat said, if you get wounded Dgen will skip some campaigns before you are healed enough to return to duty.

I wonder also if point total have something to do with it. The default is 10,000 points to win the "war" (career)

Do you know how many points you acumulated in the career?

There is an option to boost up the amount of points needed to win the "war" or to win an individual mission, in order to play through a long campaign. If you put the following at the end of your conf.ini file it will take care of the points issue:

[DGen]
OperationVictory=3000
OperationDefeat=-3000
WarVictory=30000
WarDefeat=-30000