PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me, please help!

Foehammer-1
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok, today I changed the cfg files in hopes of making the Falke torpedoes being available earlier. I set the starting date as September of 1941. However, it is now October, and no Falke's in sight. Now i'm afraid that this might screw up the game somehow. And then i realized that i forgot to make a backup of that file. Here is what i have now, someone please post the default settings. By the way, this is located in Data/CFG/Basik folder.
[TORPEDO_TYPE5];T IV (G7es) - Falke
Idx=5
Year=1941
Month=9
PrototypeYear=1941
PrototypeMonth=9
Renown=100

This is closer to the end. Someone please post what it's supposed to be

Foehammer-1
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok, today I changed the cfg files in hopes of making the Falke torpedoes being available earlier. I set the starting date as September of 1941. However, it is now October, and no Falke's in sight. Now i'm afraid that this might screw up the game somehow. And then i realized that i forgot to make a backup of that file. Here is what i have now, someone please post the default settings. By the way, this is located in Data/CFG/Basik folder.
Idx=5
Year=1941
Month=9
PrototypeYear=1941
PrototypeMonth=9
Renown=100

This is closer to the end. Someone please post what it's supposed to be

AO1_AW_SW_USN
02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Are you running any mods?

If so, you have to replace every cfg file with the one that you've modified. Copy the cfg file that you've modified yourself and paste it into every folder that contains the cfg file. If it asks you if you want to replace it, click yes. That's what I had to do when I changed the amount of 10.5cm deck gun ammo that the IXC could carry.

In addition, and I could be off my rocker here, but I think that you have to build up some renown before you are allowed access to advanced torps.

Try running a few more patrols and get tonnage, then see if they show up then.

Foehammer-1
02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Did you read my post to the end? It clearly states that i want to make things as they used to be. Btw, i dont have any mods. So someone plese don't be lazy, go into the directory i specified and PLEASE post what those lines are supposed to say

lecek
02-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I have:

Idx=5
Year=1943
Month=7
PrototypeYear=1942
PrototypeMonth=11
Renown=500

In mine.

lecek
02-10-2006, 01:12 PM
I might add that Wolfies tweak pack lets you change the default torpedo loadout.

I never tried to put unavailable torpedos in there but it might be worth your while to check it out.

Foehammer-1
02-10-2006, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lecek:
I have:

Idx=5
Year=1943
Month=7
PrototypeYear=1942
PrototypeMonth=11
Renown=500

In mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks a lot, thats what i used to have from the looks of it

AO1_AW_SW_USN
02-10-2006, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Foehammer-1:
Did you read my post to the end? It clearly states that i want to make things as they used to be. Btw, i dont have any mods. So someone plese don't be lazy, go into the directory i specified and PLEASE post what those lines are supposed to say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I apologize for speed reading through your post, but the tone of your response is unacceptable to me. Your choices of words are a little harsh considering that I was just trying to help.

Next time I see any of your posts, I'll be sure to stay well clear.