PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

catrevey
10-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Does anyone on the form know if Il2 1946 will be compatible with Windows 7? I will have to purchase a new computer and would like to continue to use Il2 1946. Thanks for any help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VF-17_Jolly
10-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Apparently you can load it like you do in vista
i hope so as i have just bought a copy

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...3110283/m/9641094897 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9641094897)

Speedfellow
10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Running on Win7 Home premium 64bit no problems also TrackIR,Saitek X52pro,Teamspeak and Teamspeak overlay

mortoma
10-26-2009, 11:28 AM
If it were me, I'd just do a copy of the Ubisoft folder and copy it to your install of Windows 7. This is what I've been doing for years with no problems. IL2 really doesn't benefit from a proper installation. Mostly because the registry keys it puts in the registry are not critical and not needed. I have on my system three hard drives, one with XP, one with Window 7 RC beta and the other is a 10,000RPM Raptor. My IL2 games ( four diffferent versions ) are on the Raptor and I can play them in Windows 7 or in XP. I only had to make a shortcut on both desktops in both OS's top make it easier. I actually can't truly play the game in Windows 7, only watch tracks and such. This is only due to my lack of USB controllers. I still am stuck with gameport pedals which can't be used in Vista or Windows 7. But the sim still somes up fine in my Winodws 7 and I could play it if I had the USB controllers.

JG53_Valantine
10-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Yep, running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit without any issues what so ever - infact I get my best FPS results on the "black daeth" track on it.
I also agree with Mortoma's method of installation - just copy the Ubi folder across to the new machine - saves buggering about with skins, missions and controls all over again!
V

Boosher
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
No problems here, Win7 Ultimate 64bit, getting better performance than I did on XP.

catrevey
10-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all the responses. This information is very helpful. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DeerHunterUK
10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
IL-2 is working well with Windows 7 on my pc. The only problem I'm having is with my Saitek products (Evo FFB & throttle quadrant). Saitek have buried their collcetives heads in the sand\their backsides and completely ignored the fact there's a new operating system out.
Just a little heads up.

JG53_Valantine
10-29-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm using the Cyborg Evo and seitek throttle quadrant with no issues - Just use the Vista drivers since Win7 and Vista drivers are quite interchangeable for peripherals and even some hardware.
V

x6BL_Brando
10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
I just installed Win 7 64bit and I'm delighted by it. All my important IL-2 hardware functions well and I was pleased to find that my previous CH maps were easily tranferred over.

B

DeerHunterUK
10-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by JG53_Valantine:
I'm using the Cyborg Evo and seitek throttle quadrant with no issues - Just use the Vista drivers since Win7 and Vista drivers are quite interchangeable for peripherals and even some hardware.
V

Have you tried mapping keys to joystick or throttle commands yet? If not, give it a try.
When I tried to map a key to my throttle quadrant, it worked perfectly in the profiler. However, outside of the profiler...absolutely nothing. Yet it worked flawlessly in XP.
Someone else in my squadron is also using Windows 7 with a Saitek X52 joystick and is having exactly the same issues. We're both using the latest Vista 64 drivers from the Saitek website.
If you've managed to get it working outside of the profiler, I'd love to know how you've done it.

Urufu_Shinjiro
10-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by DeerHunterUK:
IL-2 is working well with Windows 7 on my pc. The only problem I'm having is with my Saitek products (Evo FFB & throttle quadrant). Saitek have buried their collcetives heads in the sand\their backsides and completely ignored the fact there's a new operating system out.
Just a little heads up.

That's odd since when I go to saiteks website and go to download drivers, I select joystick in the pulldown, then select evo force (or any of the really) and then it asks what OS and in the OS choices it has listed:
Windows 7 and Vista 64bit
Windows 7 and Vista 32bit

As well as the others of course. And they work just fine for my X52 and the SD6 software works fine too.

DeerHunterUK
10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
That's odd since when I go to saiteks website and go to download drivers, I select joystick in the pulldown, then select evo force (or any of the really) and then it asks what OS and in the OS choices it has listed:

As well as the others of course. And they work just fine for my X52 and the SD6 software works fine too.

Well I got all excited as Saitek have updated their website to include Windows 7!!! Unfortunately, they haven't updated their software and I'm still unable to map a key to joystick or throttle.
If anyone has ideas (I think I'll post this in the community forum rather than hijack this thread), I'd appreciate any feedback.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by catrevey:
Does anyone on the form know if Il2 1946 will be compatible with Windows 7? I will have to purchase a new computer and would like to continue to use Il2 1946. Thanks for any help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I run IL2 perfectly with Windows 7RC. Too my surprise I quite enjoy Windows 7. I never thought I would switch from XP Pro 64, but I will definitely be purchasing Windows 7 64bit this spring. No worries!

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeerHunterUK:
Just a little heads up.

As well as the others of course. And they work just fine for my X52 and the SD6 software works fine too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, every Vista driver I have come across the past 6 months or so works perfectly with Windows 7.

JG53_Valantine
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
DeerHunterUK - I've had no trouble mapping keys at all.

The only thing I think might be an issue for you is installing the SST software with the stick plugged in - I know in Vista 32 bit this caused no end of issues for me, but in 7 as I said, no issues my end.

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong, just seems odd you are getting issues when I am not since I am the one who normally runs into all sorts of problems with OSes!
V

DeerHunterUK
10-31-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the reply Valentine, I'd like to try 1 last thing before I uninstall\reinstall the software. Can you send me your working profile for the throttle quadrant, so I can test it against the profiles I have now and see if it's any different to mine?