PDA

View Full Version : No Points for Ship Hits

EKat58
02-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know if their are plans to fix the problem of no point credit for shipping hits? Us bomber dudes are tired of being under-credited. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EKat

R_Mutt
02-18-2005, 10:21 AM
hitting or sinking?

vonPletz
02-18-2005, 10:26 AM
IMHO I would hope for either hits or sinkings.

Latico
02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
In what mode are you enquiring about?

If you are talking about during a DF game, such as in Zekes vs Wildcats, where we have objectives to accomplish (air AND ground targets) you should be more concerned with accomplishing the missions. Doesn't matter who scores the most points (individually). The idea is to help your side win, IMHO. BTW, if you want full points for sinking a ship you have to RTB and land. it appears that if you are shot down or have to ditch on the way back, the points are subtracted for the loss of your plane.

This should also be the reason for flying a coop mission online.

Offline play is a little different since your promotions are based on points in the campaigns.

Personally, I'm not real fond of flying with people that put more value into points rather than team success. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Jaws2002
02-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh, they pay good for blowing ships. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Check the Objective_Malta Feb 18 - He-111H-6 Mission.

UK Ded. Stats (http://www.il2hq.com/Stats/playerdetails.php?id=1997)

And Latico... You can get both. In that mission I made 1500 points, and won the mission by sinking both carriers.

KG26_Oranje
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi JG26_Ekat,

First off al are u trying to collect ship points or just try to succesfully run ure mission.
We KG26`s and ahter bomber/groundatack pilot have no problem wiht distroying a ship or more than one ship in one singel coop.
Buht its more a team coop than singel succes.
To distroy a ship u need more than one singel hit like in the real thin.
A he111 wiht torps cant distroy a carrier , buht two he111 are able to disroy it and let it run to its last restingplace (hehehe).
Skip bombing is a very good instrument to distroy a ship to , buht again u need more than one singel hit wiht most off the ships.
So the last team member that hit the ship get the point , we dont care how get the points , we care that it is distroyt.
For us coop/campain players its importend to win the bahtle as a team and make progress in the campain.

Its just your preferance that cane blok or unblok ure gool.

S! I/KG26_Oranje

Yimmy
02-18-2005, 12:36 PM
What I find far more annoying is the way weapons do not do damage if they hit after you are killed.

Try it vy dropping a torpedo at a ship, then crash into the sea.
From your death cam you can see the torp hit, explode, and the ship act as if nothing happened.

I dont know if this is a bug or was incorporated for some odd reason....

Hendley
02-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Tis true, but for the dedicated ground pounders it would be nice to have a slightly more sophisticated point system, for online play at least.

If a carrier takes X number of torps/bombs to sink, it's a bit unfair that only the 7th or 8th guy in the line will get any credit for the sinking.

For example, right now if you are in a Val on a dogfight map, there is zero incentive to go and try and bomb a carrier. You won't sink it, odds are you will die before you even release the bomb, and even if you do hit it, it will still be there. If you got, say, 100 pts for your hit, then more people might be inclined to go for it.

It's similar to the situation on a lot of Eastern Front maps, where the map makers have to plant ships or train cars somewhere in the middle of a bridge just so it's destruction can be registered.

It really spoils the immersion when you destroy a bridge but it doesn't register because the target rail car at the bottom of the river wasn't destroyed...

Runway_Wreck
02-18-2005, 01:31 PM
On a somewhat related point:

Does anybody know where there might be a listing of points values, what you can earn and what gets subtracted in order to produce the totals at the end of the mission?

I play a lot of FB/AEP coop missions with some buddies over a LAN and it sure would be handy to turn to him and say, "See if you'd only remember to put your gear down....". Yup might even get some of them to ACTUALLY WANT to land instead of bailing out cause it's easier. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Gaucho_13
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
You can always judge your personal success by looking at your user stats.
user <username> STAT

After a night of flying no matter what my score is if I see 30 bomb drops with 25 hits I feel pretty good.

EKat58
02-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody. My concerns are for COOPs. Hendley expressed my concerns really well. If a ship is hit, a point value should result, even if it doesn't cause the ship to be sunk. Currently for online play this is not the case. Flying with my squad, sinking a carrier is truly a team effort, which is all well and good. But for a dynamic campaign, it would be nice to be rewarded for ship damage with perhaps a small bonus for a hit that results in sinking. All too many times I've returned from a mission with a successful 1000lb bomb hit (at least it looked like it) and have received no credit, while the fighter jocks have their 100 points each for plane kills. It just doesn't seem right.

EKat

Latico
02-20-2005, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26_EKat:
Thanks for the replies everybody. My concerns are for COOPs. Hendley expressed my concerns really well. If a ship is hit, a point value should result, even if it doesn't cause the ship to be sunk. Currently for online play this is not the case. Flying with my squad, sinking a carrier is truly a team effort, which is all well and good. But for a dynamic campaign, it would be nice to be rewarded for ship damage with perhaps a small bonus for a hit that results in sinking. All too many times I've returned from a mission with a successful 1000lb bomb hit (at least it looked like it) and have received no credit, while the fighter jocks have their 100 points each for plane kills. It just doesn't seem right.

EKat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand your concern for personal scoring. Lets say that it takes 6 1000 pound bombs to sink a carrier. You and I are flying dive bombers in Zekes vs Wildcats server. I put 5 1000 pounders on the CV and you come along and drop the killing blow. Heck, I did most of the work, but you got all the points. Yes, that seems unfair in regards to point scores.

Last night I had over 1200 points accumulated from taking out ground targets on the ZvW server, mostly cargo ships and DD's. These ships can be taken out with just one 1000 pounder, which is what I generally carry. All points from these sinkings went to me, less what was subtracted for plane/pilot losses.

AS to the seemingly lack of damage to a ship when are are killed/shot down. I've noticed this myself, but I think it has to do with whither your bomb detonated before or after you were killed. I have hit ships and destroyed them and be killed myself immediately after. I think what is happening is that if your bomb detonates before you are killed you get the points up front and the ship is damaged/destroyed. But these are direct hits. It's hard to say for sure if I got direct hits if I'm killed right after I release my bomb since I get the "Black screen of death" until I hit the water. LOL Near misses don't count for much against ships.