PDA

View Full Version : Joystick feelie at Comp-USA

Worf101
06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
I was in da dreaded Comp-USA the other day and found myself in the joystick aisle. In case you've never been in Comp USA they put out a copy of every stick they sell so you can get the feel before you buy. One of few things they get right, but they even manage to screw this up because they don't have any of the Force Feedback sticks energized so you can see how they feel..

Bottom line is I tried out a few. Now truth be told I'm flying a Cougar Hotas so everything feld Weird to me.

The X-52 felt light as a feather and after cranking and yanking a Cougar for almost a year now this thing felt flimsy. I really didn't like the plasticy feel of the stick at all. But I will say that I think the throttle is marvelous. The Cougar makes you feel like you're grinding coffee with their throttle. If I could use that baby with the Cougar stick, I'd be happy.

My ole Saitek Evo felt guod to me but the idea of going back to a twist rudder didn't appeal to me. Still a nice stick though.

The CH Fighterstick combo was a nice rig. So nice in fact that when my Cougar dies and I don't want to spend hundreds more to repair or upgrade, I think I'm gonna got that route.

Just my observations...

Da Worfster

Bearcat99
06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Worf... u get my email?

Worf101
06-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Hey Worf... u get my email?

Yeah, I wrote you back.. din't you get it?

fordfan25
06-20-2005, 10:18 PM
excusse me. there is no passing of notes in class. now whats so important that it could not wait till after school. give me that PM worf. now lets see hear..." bearcat i just wanted to thank you for the other night.I was not sure how to use my joystick but thanks to your hands on help im now....."....O my, well ill just be keeping this PM. and you can tell your parents that thay will be geting a call from me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif