PDA

View Full Version : What if: which top seller export fighter will be in 1941

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 07:08 PM
I wonder if world still in peace in 1941, which will be top selling of fighter and light bomber to other countries? (export variants)

1. top sold in units on fighter?
2. best performance (of course expensive one) fighter?
3. top sold in units on light bomber?
4. best performance light bomber?

Regards
SnowLeopard

Message Edited on 11/06/0305:34PM by WereSnowleopard

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 07:08 PM
I wonder if world still in peace in 1941, which will be top selling of fighter and light bomber to other countries? (export variants)

1. top sold in units on fighter?
2. best performance (of course expensive one) fighter?
3. top sold in units on light bomber?
4. best performance light bomber?

Regards
SnowLeopard

Message Edited on 11/06/0305:34PM by WereSnowleopard

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:33 AM
bump and re-correct my english. Please make some comments on it. Thank you buddy/mate/bloke/etc.

Regards
SnowLeopard

Message Edited on 11/06/0305:35PM by WereSnowleopard

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:50 AM
As for the best selling fighter I'd have to go with the Curtiss P40, just too hard to beat the economy of scale that US companys had.

And it was a pretty good plane as well....

<center><FONT color="red">[b]BlitzPig_EL</FONT>[B]<CENTER> http://old.jccc.net/~droberts/p40/images/p40home.gif
</img>.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day that it was vanity:
but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. "
--T.E. Lawrence

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 04:01 AM
Strange! no one put comment on mine. Is my question too geek to you to answer it. Should I change my question and make it sound like rave and boast around that certain export variant plane are best and top selling than your favorvite plane to drive you crazy and talk back on me?

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 05:52 AM
It would seem that ElAurens is right by the fact that the US had huge manufacturing industry, but it must be remembered that only small numbers of any war material was being produced before the start of hostilities so the P40 probably wouldn't have been. It was Germeny and Britian that the arms race was between although neither were exproting planes... Germany may have exported fighters to fellow facist countries and britian to commonwealth countries, but it would be very difficult to say which plane would have been the most exported and successful...

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 08:34 AM
I found an interesting information that doesn't matter what political buyer and seller are. check that quota "Of the foreign alternatives evaluated, the Finnish Myrsky was deemed unsuitable. The Soviet Yakovlev Yak-9 was suitable, but at that time the USSR only wanted to export the Polikarpov I-16, which wasn't modern enough. Japan was willing to sell a version of the Mitsubishi A6M, but transport of them to Sweden couldn't be arranged." http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/text/22ffvs.htm

It can be any planes from USA or Italian or Soviet or Japan even Poland or Holland or Czech to sell other countries.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 03:47 PM
bump

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
The Reggiane Re.2000 of course, if the peace remains the order to equip the RAF with 300 Re.2000 and 150 Ca.313 will have surely fullfilled.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 12:47 AM
...bump

Regards
SnowLeopard