PDA

View Full Version : game won`t play

brian_214
03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
i just loaded PF standalone and the appropriate "RTS.dll" file,now the game won`t even play.what is the fix for this problem?

brian_214
03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
i just loaded PF standalone and the appropriate "RTS.dll" file,now the game won`t even play.what is the fix for this problem?

Skycat_2
03-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Are you sure the 'appropriate' rts.dll is the correct rts.dll? Did you have any problems launching from the CD-ROM before you put the rts.dll into place? Did you get the rts.dll from Ubi Soft's customer support center?

brian_214
03-19-2006, 08:54 AM
yess..i downloaded it from the ubi site.i got it from the "UbiSoft Customer Solution Center: Pacific Fighters".thats when it stopped working altogether.

any ideas??

Skycat_2
03-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I know it works with the FB+AEP+PF version of the game. I'd assume that it works with PF 'standalone' as well.

Are you using a version of PF that came on CD-ROM? If you are trying to use the rts.dll with the Direct2Drive version of the game it may not work.

When you put the rts.dll in your game folder (either "Ubi Soft/IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles" or "UbiSoft/Pacific Fighters" depending on what version of the game you are using) did it overwrite the original rts.dll, or did you backup/rename the original rts.dll first? Can you revert, in other words? If you could launch from disc before but now can't because of the new rts.dll, the original rts.dll is on the PF CD-ROM.

brian_214
03-19-2006, 07:23 PM
unfortunately,i was never able to play.before i downloaded the rts. file..everytime i tried to start the game,i got an error message saying that"the picture doesn`t match the display on the box"

don`t ask me

VW-IceFire
03-19-2006, 08:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brian_214:
unfortunately,i was never able to play.before i downloaded the rts. file..everytime i tried to start the game,i got an error message saying that"the picture doesn`t match the display on the box"

don`t ask me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Screen shots of this one please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thats a very strange problem. Take screen shots...or type out a very detailed description of the problem and what you've done to solve it.