PDA

View Full Version : opening file problems

eneg21923
06-28-2005, 07:39 PM
In attempting to learn to use full mission building I have uncovered a problem. I go to programs-UBIsoft-pacific fighters-missions-single-yher,I attempt to open a file FMB demo properties. Windows telle me that they cannot open this file without knowing who created it. Tis has occoured to me in other instances. I have received files which have been sent to by members of this forum. Some of these have been zipped files.In the example given above I followed direction from Win to see a list of programs. I clicked on notepad and it opended with a note that the file was was txt an delt with carrier landing practice. When I click on open it went nowhere. The length of this epistle is evidence of th frustration I am experiencing over this. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me. knoc11@mchsi.com

Weather_Man
06-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Either the .mis (mission data) or .properties (mission description) files can be opened with notepad. Right-click on it, select "Open With" then Select the Program from a List. Then choose notepad, Wordpad or whatever you prefer. Check the box to always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

If you get a .zip file, make sure you unzip the contents before trying to open it. It may not work in it's compressed state.