PDA

View Full Version : Is Ezio getting angrier in his old age?

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Okay, we know Ezio doesn't really care what he does to gaurds. He burns them, poisons them, stabs them as well as shooting them in the face at the same time...but he always respected the high profile story kills. In Revelations, he kind of disrespects Leandros, but even he closed the eyes of Rodrigo and the Banker In Brotherhood peacefully.

Ezio is kind of going backwards from what he learned from experience and Mario.

johnnyhayek
09-27-2011, 08:03 AM
We can't know for sure. We only saw the last part of Ezio and Leandros. We don't know what happened previously between the two yet. Maybe Leandros did something to Ezio previously or said something to him that made him disrespect him during his death. It could maybe only happen with Leandros and not the other targets. Or, Ezio is just so freakin ****ed at this war.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 08:16 AM
IDK, we know what Rodrigo did to Ezio and he spared him once and respected his corpse when he died.

Lol, he did almost hang him, but yeah, he sounded tired in the newest trailer

Will_Lucky
09-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes, but Ezio had come to terms with the death of his family by the time Rodrigo was dead. He was initially disrespectful to Rodrigo during the first assassination attempt before he used the Staff but after that he finally seemed to be at peace with himself.

We have no idea what changes him in between 1507 and 1510.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
Yes, but Ezio had come to terms with the death of his family by the time Rodrigo was dead. He was initially disrespectful to Rodrigo during the first assassination attempt before he used the Staff but after that he finally seemed to be at peace with himself.

We have no idea what changes him in between 1507 and 1510.

I was talking more about after he kills them, like he doesn't go jerking the body around. But maybe this can tie in with Embers. Ezio is just starting to get mad at his own choices in life?

RzaRecta357
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Maybe he was just mad because buddy got him shot with an arrow. Then he tried to hang him? He obviously doesn't kill him at that point as he's chasing him to another village later.

He must be ****ed.

AnthonyA85
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Well, Leandros did try to hang him, and I don't know about you, but i'd definately take that personally.

Leandros would have been lucky to get a "rest in peace" from me if he'd tried to hang me, then i killed him.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
We can't know for sure. We only saw the last part of Ezio and Leandros. We don't know what happened previously between the two yet. Maybe Leandros did something to Ezio previously or said something to him that made him disrespect him during his death. It could maybe only happen with Leandros and not the other targets. Or, Ezio is just so freakin ****ed at this war.
This. As long as we don't know just what he said, Ezio could've reacted like that for any number of reasons.

AltairsFinger
09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
There must be more to it than simple personal grudge to get Ezio to be disrespectful. Even some of the really bad people he offed in AC2 and ACB, most got respect at the end.

Will_Lucky
09-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Actually watching the Demo again, I don't think we saw the whole sequence of what happened. He lands on the tower, approachs him then all of a sudden has him in a hold and assassinates him. Then it goes to the Assassination Sequence where Leandros looks like he was saying something and falls.

I think like the Altair sequence we didn't see everything that was supposed to happen.

Moultonborough
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
Actually watching the Demo again, I don't think we saw the whole sequence of what happened. He lands on the tower, approachs him then all of a sudden has him in a hold and assassinates him. Then it goes to the Assassination Sequence where Leandros looks like he was saying something and falls.

I think like the Altair sequence we didn't see everything that was supposed to happen.

No, of course not. They would not want to ruin of the the main Assassination death discussions.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:

No, of course not. They would not want to ruin of the the main Assassination death discussions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention it likely contained some major spoilers.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
you can tell that some things were cut from that demo

especially when ezio gets to leandros, it cuts directly to ezio stabbing him.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, it cuts some of the stuff like when Ezio picks up the disks, there's supposed to be something between the transfer from himself to Altair.

the Altair sequence, well, the beginning of it is shown in the ign clips, then I think the middle is shown in the 10 minute gameplay video.

I wouldn't want even more shown. Once I saw Subject 16 in one of those clips, I internally checked off in my head, "One of the great mysteries of the Ac series: what Subject 16 looks like." And I didn't even get to experience it in game, lol

But yeah, it's probably going to be just because he was angry, Leandros seems to make up the introductory chapter of the game, so he might be tormenting Ezio for a while before Ezio finally gets rid of him.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Ezio is not getting angrier, he has just reached a point where he's trying to find his life's true purpose. He's approaching the average maximum age of people during his time, he knows he probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left. He lifted Leandros in disgust, but saw how useless it was, and let him go. As for the Pope, he gave him an honorable rest because he saw that in the end, he was actually less evil than his son. Leandros, on the other hand, was a coward and totally vile.

AdmiralPerry
09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Also, regarding Rodrigo, Ezio defeated him pretty soundly, and not just physically. Rodrigo really believed he was the Prophet, destined to open the Vault in the Vatican and lead mankind to a new world. When he fought Ezio just outside the Vault, he realized that, not only was he NOT the Prophet, it had never been his destiny to begin with. Rodrigo is a case of "going crazy by the revelation." The revelation broke him emotionally, which is why he didn't bother lifting a finger against Ezio again.

As for Leandros, I think he pushed Ezio's buttons multiple times and really got under his skin--which takes talent, when you stop and think about it, because Ezio, for the most part, has remained unruffled at insults directed to him. Also, I'm going with what others have been saying: we haven't seen the whole conversation at his death.

Maybe Leandros insulted his sister or mother or something. Ezio seems to get very hot under the collar very quickly whenever someone badmouths his family. (Duccio, anyone?)

Sarari
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I think he is, cause if you haven't noticed, his fighting moves have become more brutal :P

Inorganic9_2
09-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Has anyone else noticed that, after Ezio disrespects Leandros' body, the Alta´r memory appears to be focused on Alta´r doing the opposite and giving respect to the the guy he kills (and the philosophy behind it)? That doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

Blind2Society
09-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Maybe Ezio saw that there is no God and no after life so he doesn't care for the unnecessary formalities anymore. Just a thought. Quite an unlikely one at that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 03:40 AM
I don't think he's getting angrier, just taking less shazizzle, he still said requisat in pace and shut his eyes, he just also called him bastardo and threw him a little aggressively.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Has anyone else noticed that, after Ezio disrespects Leandros' body, the Alta´r memory appears to be focused on Alta´r doing the opposite and giving respect to the the guy he kills (and the philosophy behind it)? That doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

Yeah, I noticed that allot. Makes sense. But wouldn't that mean they changed Ezio's personality to make a point? I do still want to see why they look to skip a part of their conversation.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Yeah, I noticed that allot. Makes sense. But wouldn't that mean they changed Ezio's personality to make a point? I do still want to see why they look to skip a part of their conversation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Obviously we now know from the IGN footage that Altair's part was heavily edited, so I think that it's not a stretch to say Ezio's was too.