PDA

View Full Version : All flyable a/c addon

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Don't you think this would sell bigtime? Having all cockpits of ai craft in fb in an addon even if they are not exactly correct.

AI non flyables and invis trees from low level are the 2 worst things about FB, Im suprised this day and age flight sims still have ai non flyables.

Hopefully ubi will be decide to make a pack thats worth the money. Im going to buy it reguardless for all gibbages great work and helping out the game and community but more then the price of FB for a couple planes and more ai and a few maps and ground items. A addon for all ai cockpits is something that everyone would buy without a doubt.

http://www.freewebs.com/leadspitter/lead.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Don't you think this would sell bigtime? Having all cockpits of ai craft in fb in an addon even if they are not exactly correct.

AI non flyables and invis trees from low level are the 2 worst things about FB, Im suprised this day and age flight sims still have ai non flyables.

Hopefully ubi will be decide to make a pack thats worth the money. Im going to buy it reguardless for all gibbages great work and helping out the game and community but more then the price of FB for a couple planes and more ai and a few maps and ground items. A addon for all ai cockpits is something that everyone would buy without a doubt.

http://www.freewebs.com/leadspitter/lead.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 11:38 PM
You get my vote on that one /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 11:45 PM
i have been wanting this since the original il2...when fb came out, i wanted it even more. i would definately buy this.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 11:54 PM
if nothing else they could just put in a blank cockpit or maybe just have a view from the inside instead of trying to fly some of those planes in the f8 view as it is now. an unfinished cockpit would be better than none.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Why not make a generic cockpit for the German and Russian AI planes? Better yet, how about letting players alias the cockpits in?

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:24 AM
i would buy it as soon as it was released in my country

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:36 AM
I would like to see some generic cockpits or atleast the no-cockpit view for bombers and fighters that are currently AI only. But, make it easy in the mission designer to turn off all new "simple-cockpit" (might also not have that great of a flight model) planes.

:FI:SnoopBaron

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:58 AM
I agree can't see why the ai planes cant be flown with the ctrl F1 view...

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 04:38 AM
I'd like everything flyable. Heck, I'd even fly the old U-2 bi-plane!!! Even the Storch! All bomber should be flyable.
Non-flyables are a shame to Aircraft sims in general.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Agree

I never understood the concept of "Unflyable Planes"

must be a Russian thing.

http://home.comcast.net/~ick_352nd/

http://home.comcast.net/~ick_352nd/aceshigh.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I'd like it, BUT, I can see why they don't want to do it.

Firstly, if it's not flyable, then the flight model only needs to be correct for the "simplified" AI flights. I imagine for some planes this is desirable since some FM quirks could show up badly if humans were flying the same plane.

Secondly, the overall quality of the game would be compromised. At the moment, every cockpit in the game is as realistic as possible for the game which is great. If there were a generic cockpit for many planes, a lot of the immersion would disappear for me.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Bnej_03 wrote:
- I'd like it, BUT, I can see why they don't want to
- do it.
-
- Firstly, if it's not flyable, then the flight model
- only needs to be correct for the "simplified" AI
- flights. I imagine for some planes this is desirable
- since some FM quirks could show up badly if humans
- were flying the same plane.
-
- Secondly, the overall quality of the game would be
- compromised. At the moment, every cockpit in the
- game is as realistic as possible for the game which
- is great. If there were a generic cockpit for many
- planes, a lot of the immersion would disappear for
- me.

And this is the reason why they have not done it and will not ever do it. In condenced form.

Well done Bnej_03

-jippo

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Bnej_03 wrote:
- I'd like it, BUT, I can see why they don't want to
- do it.
-
- Firstly, if it's not flyable, then the flight model
- only needs to be correct for the "simplified" AI
- flights. I imagine for some planes this is desirable
- since some FM quirks could show up badly if humans
- were flying the same plane.
-
- Secondly, the overall quality of the game would be
- compromised. At the moment, every cockpit in the
- game is as realistic as possible for the game which
- is great. If there were a generic cockpit for many
- planes, a lot of the immersion would disappear for
- me.
-
-

I'd also like it and have suggested generic cockpits before, as have others. I think you're right about the reasons they don't do it. Fighters, in particular, with UFO AI abilities would give players an unfair advantage; however, I don't think this would be a big deal for the bombers and other types.

I think the second point probably also plays a big part in their not having made these planes flyable. Perhaps they could retain the impression of authenticity if you could only get to the 'AI' planes via a special button, like 'fly AI aircraft,' which would then allow a choice from the nominally AI types. That would act as a reminder, every time you flew one, that these are not 'proper' parts of the game, but are an add-on for a special purpose. The rest of the time you play the game as normal and get immersed in all the authentic cockpit detail.

Anyway, I want to fly Pe-2s, Bf-110s, U-2s, Storchs...

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Kernow
249 IAP