PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle flash reflection colours

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 04:35 PM
I noted that the yellow/lime green lighting flash from the guns now no longer lights up the inside of the cockpit, which is a great improvement, but it's still there in external views.

Not a major issue, I agree, but would it be a simple matter simply to change this weird colour to a white or orange/white flash instead? I'm not talking about the actual muzzle flash from the guns, merely the reflected light that illuminates the plane's nose and/or interior when they're fired.

I'm sure there are many important issues to deal with, but a single colour change would improve things visually and I wonder if such a change could be done with little effort involved.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 04:35 PM
I noted that the yellow/lime green lighting flash from the guns now no longer lights up the inside of the cockpit, which is a great improvement, but it's still there in external views.

Not a major issue, I agree, but would it be a simple matter simply to change this weird colour to a white or orange/white flash instead? I'm not talking about the actual muzzle flash from the guns, merely the reflected light that illuminates the plane's nose and/or interior when they're fired.

I'm sure there are many important issues to deal with, but a single colour change would improve things visually and I wonder if such a change could be done with little effort involved.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 05:11 PM
This is one of the Betazoid reports that has me excited. I think the reflections were for night, but FB is no night sim. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=ztyts

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 09:04 PM
choxaway was posting about the reflections inside the cockpits, where the muzzle flash makes the cockpit inside turn yellow, including the floor. And its GONE according to this one Betazoid report.

Thansk Oleg! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif