PDA

View Full Version : USAAF career in ETO?

wh1skea
11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I bought IL-2: 1946, but cant seem to start a USAAF career for the ETO. I only seem to have the option of starting in the PTO. Is this right? If not, how can I play the ETO?

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by wh1skea:
I bought IL-2: 1946, but cant seem to start a USAAF career for the ETO. I only seem to have the option of starting in the PTO. Is this right? If not, how can I play the ETO?

This is correct. The proper maps are not in existence for any type of real USAAF ETO campaign

There are many, many (many!) user-made campaigns out there that allow the player to experience careers in locations not covered by the game as-shipped.

Try going to mission4today.com and browsing their selection of (free!) campaigns

wh1skea
11-06-2007, 10:39 AM
ok, thanks

Zeus-cat
11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually, you can play careers in the ETO if you buy the Battle Over Europe (BOE) add-on from JustFlight in Europe. It is $19.99 US and there are no shipping charges to the U.S.

Here is a link: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=16

The game developers made no careers for the ETO in exchange for getting several maps free from these developers. They allowed these developers to make and market BOE in exchange for the maps.