PDA

View Full Version : map tails u markers for gwx2

barbarossa1950
12-23-2007, 11:43 PM
if anyone here on the forums would like the u-marker and the tails on the nav map back with gwx2.ask here and i will give a very simple way of doing such.regards barbarossa1950

barbarossa1950
12-23-2007, 11:43 PM
if anyone here on the forums would like the u-marker and the tails on the nav map back with gwx2.ask here and i will give a very simple way of doing such.regards barbarossa1950

dougandtoni
12-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Count me in. I would like them back

johnk51
12-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I would like to know and also, have the ships color codes back.

tuddley3
12-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Venatore at Subsim has a mod already made for this. External Coloured U-Boat Markers (http://files.filefront.com/External+Coloured+U+Boat+Markers/;8575206;/fileinfo.html). It's only a .tga file, so it's completely compatible with anymod(GWX/WAC/RUB/IUB etc...)

Here is the read me:

External Coloured U-Boat Markers
(Blue,Green, Grey & Red)

I created this mod for those gamers who like to have the "UMarker" visible. In other words when you have externals on you can see the marker floating on the ocean to give you a visual position of your U-Boat & its heading.

This mod changes the "UMark.tga" file to different colours. The orginal colour in the game was orange.

This mod is compatable with the GWX Expansion mod & GWX patch upgrades.

This mod has the correct file structure pathway.

This mod should be used in conjunction with Generic Mod Enabler version (any).

This mod is zipped with WinRAR.

This mod was created by Venatore.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/tuddley3/Helpful%20Screens/ExternalColouredU-BoatMarkers.jpg

barbarossa1950
12-25-2007, 11:34 AM
you must be in port and better yet starting a new career.then move all mods in jsgme from the right to the left in the reverse order.last mod in is the first mod out.then open your silent hunter3 folder.open data folder,then menu folder,then gui folder.right clik on contline tga file and delete,then right clik on dashline tga file and delete.tails are now back.for u-marker open data folder then misc folder.right clik on u-marker tga file and delete.move your mods from left to right in jsgme,and you are ready to go.