PDA

View Full Version : Holy Hell This Game is Beautiful in S3D!

Chibi_Chaingun
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I've been addicted to this game lately, mostly because of the visuals in S3D. Not playing it literally gives me slight withdrawals. I get a feeling of wanting to explore Pandora.

This is the first game I've been playing 100% in S3D and due to the stereoscopic imagery of these beautiful landscapes, I think this is the most immersive experience I've had in any game so far, or possibly any entertainment period! I am going to have a hard time playing anything in "2D" after this.

Great job Ubisoft! The gameplay is fairly straight forward (not a good or bad thing), but I never would have thought S3D would pull me in so much. I flat out love this game.

cravinmild
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Chibi_Chaingun, I have to agree with you about visuals. I also understand the withdrawals, I find myself drifting back when I should be thinking about other things lol. I think my new bfg 250 oc is craping out as i am expearancing major issues that others are not mentioning. My entire screen pixelates to the point i cant make anything out, even when I crash the game to the desktop any open window that the curser goes over causes that window to pixelate which wont stop, this continues till my whole screen is covered-like a virus but its not. New card and it was cheap so what do i expect. Anyways have to agree with with this game is amazing in s3d.

Chibi_Chaingun
12-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Wow man that is weird! Which nVidia drivers are you using? I have settled on the 1.13 drivers and toggling 3D manually. I do not enable in-game. I set the shader and shadow settings to medium to eliminate all the weird 3D anomalies. Adjust the convergence and its damn near perfect. Not as much pop out as the in-game setting provides, but the depth is still totally there. I have a slow system too (2.5 dual core ghz, 8800 gts, 4 gb ram) and I get 30-60fps most of the time with those settings, everything else ultra high running at 1600x1200 2x AA.

Maybe you're having a conflict with the driver stuff...

NSX1992
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I also agree. Just received my shutter glasses and emitter (no computer needed for XBOX 360). The game looks amazing on my 82" DLP Mitsubishi.

Chibi_Chaingun
12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Damn, 82". I bet its nuts! waiting to pull the trigger on a new Acer 3D projector... Till then it's on a CRT.