PDA

View Full Version : Complete RIP OFF

spartanofshadow
03-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Why do we have to wait till wednsday at 2pm to get the game at circuit city/best buy?

Thats a complete rip off i dont want to wait another day!

SOURCE: sunday mail

spartanofshadow
03-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Why do we have to wait till wednsday at 2pm to get the game at circuit city/best buy?

Thats a complete rip off i dont want to wait another day!

SOURCE: sunday mail

spartanofshadow
03-16-2008, 09:32 AM
can someone tell me why?

and

where can i buy it THE DAY IT COMES OUT?

winning_formula
03-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Try gamestop,ebgames, walmart or whatever other electrical goods stores you have over there.

spartanofshadow
03-16-2008, 09:39 AM
over there? im in the US ill try wal mart yay

winning_formula
03-16-2008, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spartanofshadow:
over there? im in the US ill try wal mart yay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and I'm not hence why I said 'over there'

bornforhaze
03-16-2008, 11:11 AM
hes in the uk

and i would try wal mart as it will probably not know about the release and put it out early

Gypsy816
03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Pffft Best Buy and Circuit City? I'm sticking with Game Stop. As much as I'd rather support a smaller game store, can't seem to avoid using them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

txjeepman
03-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Gamestop is not a small compnay god lthey let anyone be forum managers here at ubisoft forums

Mashed-Potatoes
03-16-2008, 11:49 AM
when they announce a release date, it doesn't come out that day usually, it come out the next day.

Carlito_Gambino
03-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Christ don't complain so much, we get it on the 20th over here.

book_SHD
03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by txjeepman:
Gamestop is not a small compnay god lthey let anyone be forum managers here at ubisoft forums </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why she said: "As much as I'd rather support a smaller game store, can't seem to avoid using them."

*** Correct me if I'm wrong, this meant "prefers to support a game store smaller than Gamestop, but can't avaoid going to Gamestop."

I think they just let anyone post here.

So far, in the weekly ads for this Wednesday's release:

Best Buy (by 2pm)- $59.99, unlockable non-exclusive rifle
Circuit City (by 2pm) - $59.99, Vegas 2 fuzzy dice, gamer's energy kit (which looks like it includes energy drinks and candy)
Target (by 4pm) - $59, $10 Target gift card

I think Target's the best deal, especially if your parents aren't buying the game for you.

Quadx112
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
LOL. Ya parent buying the game for you.....

D---Fingers
03-16-2008, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Target (by 4pm) - $59.99, $10 Target gift card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
is this pre-order only?

book_SHD
03-16-2008, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiPersonnel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Target (by 4pm) - $59.99, $10 Target gift card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
is this pre-order only? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just called and they said they don't have pre-order available for this game.

Mr.Hanky2005
03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by txjeepman:
Gamestop is not a small compnay god lthey let anyone be forum managers here at ubisoft forums </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compared to Best Buy and Circuit City, yes they are. They don't sell half as much as Best Buy or Circuit City.

Also, don't insult forum staff. It is uncalled for, and just disrespectful.

Rogue__Spear
03-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I didn't think Wal-Mart or Target, etc. did pre-orders.

Angryfirebird
03-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Lets all just relax. It comes out this week. Lets all go out listen to The Dropkick Murphys and enjoy our St. Patty's Days. There is life outside of Vegas. Least there is for me.

book_SHD
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rogue__Spear:
I didn't think Wal-Mart or Target, etc. did pre-orders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Target has to specifically have an item to ring up like a special pre-order card or something and they'll only do it for super big releases like like Halo and Grand Theft Auto.

And as far as those times are concerned, the guy I spoke with at Target said those times would be for if they hadn't received them until that day. You should definitely call ahead.

xboxflamingo221
03-16-2008, 08:14 PM
why the hell would you buy from them anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dr34dn4ught
03-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm fine just knowing that I'll be getting it. And really, what's a day anyway?