PDA

View Full Version : Revelations? (contains major ACR spoilers)

Eregost
12-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Let me start off by saying I absolutely love this series and hope to see it flourish for many years to come. It has a lot of potential and occupies a unique niche. Having said that, I had problems with Revelation's story which I will discuss in this thread and the 'Homicidal Ezio' thread.

I was expecting revelations in Assassin's Creed Revelations. Instead this turned out to be the game that progresses the story the least out of the titles in the main series.

As far as I can see, there was only 1 big revelation in this title which is finding out about the grand temple and heading to it's location (though we know nothing about what's inside it, just that it exists and was built to try and protect the earth from the solar flare but failed).

We get to meet Subject 16's conscious. But we learn absolutely nothing from this opportunity so if this was supposed to be a revelation, it wss a disappointment.

We find out where Altair's Apple was hidden but this is irrelevent as that Apple has already been claimed by the Templars and then destroyed.

All the stuff about Desmond's life we already knew from the previous games.

This title felt like filler to me and I would have prefered it if all the effort that went into it went into AC3 instead.

If anyone knows a meaningful revelation that took place in this title that I've missed then please tell it and explain it's importance in this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yly3
12-03-2011, 09:07 AM
The story progresses the least in Revelations ?
Are you sure you haven't played Brotherhood? That game doesn't even have a plot lol.

Revelations is at least 2x times (imo 3.5x) better than Brotherhood and it could have been a true sequel to AC2 if Brotherhood was scraped in the first place.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 09:10 AM
In Brotherhood, the assassins recovered the Apple and Ezio finally defeated the Templars in Italy. Those are some bigger plot advancements than anything in ACR.

RzaRecta357
12-03-2011, 09:11 AM
That point makes no sense. Hey, AC2 did nothing but show a kids family die and a goddess at the end.

Hey, AC1 did nothing but show a glowly apple.

Hey, brotherhood did nothing but show a main an apple and show lucy get stabbed.

You can do that for all the games friend. Desmonds sections rocked. You got to know what he was like a bit besides hey im scared and want to fight back.

You got to hear how Shaun doesn't trust Desmond and actually hear from Desmonds dad.

The revelations were we got to finally see what happened to Altair and his apple. We got to see whom Ezio finally passed his line on with.

I totally agree about 16. He could of used some more action but oh well.

They don't even know what's in the temple theyre parked outside.

Desmonds dad says, if were lucky..another prize. If were REALLY lucky, something to end this war.

I'm sure they'll only be partially lucky and need another ancestor for something.

But this game was a filler. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than brotherhood and how they made Ezio from an assassin that would do anything to a robinhood in that game.

Brotherhood wrecked his character to me. Revelations rectified it.

Did you consider Vice City and San Andreas filler? If not that then you have nothing to complain about as these two games are in the same vein as them.

Wait for AC3.

freddie_1897
12-03-2011, 09:28 AM
You havnt done the multiplayer story then? You wouldn't be saying that we learnt nothing from 16 if you had.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
You havnt done the multiplayer story then? You wouldn't be saying that we learnt nothing from 16 if you had.
I haven't done it no but I read about it and we already knew Daniel Cross was working for the Templars and there were already hints in the previous titles that there is a mole within the Assassins. What else is there?

naran6142
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
ill definitively agreed that we needed to learn more from 16

i was expecting to learn loads more about the adam and eve stuff, after all 16 knows everything right

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM

This sounds like a bunch of crap, simply because not everyone will play the multiplayer. It makes no sense to hide development in something that a respectable share of people will not see.... ever.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freddie_1897:

This sounds like a bunch of crap, simply because not everyone will play the multiplayer. It makes no sense to hide development in something that a respectable share of people will not see.... ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize that every info released in the MP will be released on Youtube and the wiki right? It's all text files, pictures and videos really.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freddie_1897:

This sounds like a bunch of crap, simply because not everyone will play the multiplayer. It makes no sense to hide development in something that a respectable share of people will not see.... ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize that every info released in the MP will be released on Youtube and the wiki right? It's all text files, pictures and videos really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That being the case, I doubt that it was anything significant, or at least nothing that would aide the direct developement of the story.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
That being the case, I doubt that it was anything significant, or at least nothing that would aide the direct developement of the story.
You should look them up. You'll be surprised by the amount of interesting info in them.

twenty_glyphs
12-05-2011, 08:57 AM

Um, the multiplayer story has nothing to do with Subject 16. The whole Subject 16 mystery is what did he see in the Adam and Eve genetic memory that was so important for Desmond to see (which we still don't know), what do the glyphs he left behind actually represent (the Apple showed Desmond the same glyphs in Brotherhood), why do we need to find Eve in Eden and what does that even mean, and what is the Path he knows how to open (stated in Cluster 10 in Brotherhood). They didn't expand on Subject 16's story at all in this game, other than confirming he was somehow hanging around in the Animus.

The multiplayer story is interesting and I'm glad they expanded on some of Abstergo's knowledge and plans. I don't like that it's locked behind the multiplayer component of the game though. I'm playing the MP and am getting close to level 50, but I don't plan on playing for much longer (even though I do enjoy it). The reason is because I don't play any other multiplayer games so am not going to pay for Xbox Live Gold after this month. But even though I'll have unlocked all the story files, once I turn off Xbox Live Gold I won't be able to get into the multiplayer game and access those files. Seeing them on the internet is not as good as seeing them in the game when I want to, especially the dossiers.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

Um, the multiplayer story has nothing to do with Subject 16. The whole Subject 16 mystery is what did he see in the Adam and Eve genetic memory that was so important for Desmond to see (which we still don't know), what do the glyphs he left behind actually represent (the Apple showed Desmond the same glyphs in Brotherhood), why do we need to find Eve in Eden and what does that even mean, and what is the Path he knows how to open (stated in Cluster 10 in Brotherhood). They didn't expand on Subject 16's story at all in this game, other than confirming he was somehow hanging around in the Animus.

The multiplayer story is interesting and I'm glad they expanded on some of Abstergo's knowledge and plans. I don't like that it's locked behind the multiplayer component of the game though. I'm playing the MP and am getting close to level 50, but I don't plan on playing for much longer (even though I do enjoy it). The reason is because I don't play any other multiplayer games so am not going to pay for Xbox Live Gold after this month. But even though I'll have unlocked all the story files, once I turn off Xbox Live Gold I won't be able to get into the multiplayer game and access those files. Seeing them on the internet is not as good as seeing them in the game when I want to, especially the dossiers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thus, reconfirming my original point. Thank you for that little bit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
You should look them up. You'll be surprised by the amount of interesting info in them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. I'm no fan of MP at all but there is some truly interesting info in the AC files like the one that links Sef to Desmond was probably the most interesting for me and the Vidic movie files were kind of cool although I wish they would have shown more of Daniel.