PDA

View Full Version : Ohka

maddog41
06-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Myself and another player successfully attached and took off with the G4M2E on a Test Runway #3 during an Online DF Mission. I was piloting the Ohka and he had the G4M2E. This process required coordination; we both were talking on TeamSpeak. He drove over me, as I directed him, where I attached when his bombbay was over me. TAKE THE CHOCKS OUT OF THE OHKA WHEN IT SPAWNS ON THE RW OR IT WILL NOT MOVE UPON DETACHMENT!!! Also landed the MXY in a field where he also landed but as he taxied over me, he blew up. Should be noted that it took me many tries before I could land the Ohka without it blowing up. Next we tried a mid-air attachment but never were successful.***Is this possible???***Has anybody done this???***

-HH- Beebop
06-30-2006, 12:12 AM
As far as I know you cannot re-attach in mid-air. The pickup sequence you described is similar to how you attach the I-16 to a TB-3. You can taxi the I-16 under the TB-3 wing and attach if it's set up that way in the mission file.
However, try as the squadron has, we cannot succeed in re-attaching in flight or anywhere else..
I don't think this is possible. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

smokincrater
06-30-2006, 04:02 AM
I didn`t think you could drive the Ohka!

maddog41
06-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by maddog41:
Myself and another player successfully attached and took off with the G4M2E on a Test Runway #3 during an Online DF Mission. I was piloting the Ohka and he had the G4M2E. This process required close coordination; we both were talking on TeamSpeak. He drove over me, as I directed him, where I attached when his bombbay was over me. The problem is that when I detached from him, I hung in the air as he zoomed off (I could start and stop the rocket). When I bailed (realistically wouldn't be possible), I zoomed in his direction. Also landed the MXY in a field where he also landed but as he taxied over me, he blew up. Should be noted that it took me many tries before I could land the Ohka without it blowing up. Next we tried a mid-air attachment but never were successful.***Is this possible???***Has anybody done this???***

VFA-25_Cobain
06-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Hello maddog41,

I have tried this pretty extensively with some people, and whenever the Ohka attaches, it blows up, killing both pilots/planes.

I have only tried it on a standard airstrip, is it the test runway that makes it possible?

S! Cobain

Hoatee
06-30-2006, 01:21 PM
That is nuts. Historically, Ohkas were not meant to be retrievable. So I guess I'm off to try something nuts.

ps - flying ohka is not possible offline in case anybody was wondering. Stay sain.

maddog41
06-30-2006, 04:37 PM
you can do it on a test rw and a carrier.

maddog41
06-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Hoatee:
That is nuts. Historically, Ohkas were not meant to be retrievable. So I guess I'm off to try something nuts.

ps - flying ohka is not possible offline in case anybody was wondering. Stay sain. When he took me up,he wasn't retrieving me but ,I guess, when I landed he was.

maddog41
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by smokincrater:
I didn`t think you could drive the Ohka! You can fly it on an air start. Rockets start at 77% trottle and you must start a non-ai plane 1st.

-HH- Beebop
06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Hoatee:

ps - flying ohka is not possible offline in case anybody was wondering. Stay sain.
They did have trainers though. Used a landing skid like the Bl-1.
Here's a shot of the one at the US Airforce Museum that I took when I visited there earlier this month:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/HH_Beebop/Personal/Okha_USAFM-Dayton_0257-1.jpg

Heavy_Metal1982
06-30-2006, 08:19 PM
wait a minute.... the Ohka is flyable!?

smokincrater
07-01-2006, 04:01 AM
I`m sorry I`m a little stupid http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif how do you step by step do it on FMB?

DuxCorvan
07-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Heavy_Metal1982:
wait a minute.... the Ohka is flyable!?

Not offline.

AI planes are flyable -only from an external view- online, thru a trick I can't remember, since I never go online.

maddog41
07-01-2006, 09:27 AM
1. be online
2. air start it
3. f2 or f8 so you get an external view of it
4. trottle at 77% or greater for rocket to come on.
5. glide 1st then power and ram a target, remember 100% fuel