PDA

View Full Version : is the US version of '46 different..?

fabianfred
07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
from the european one?

I asked in the chat at HyperLobby whether there was a way to run without a DVD in the drive and was told that the US one had a no CD file???

my DVD has three folders 1031/1033/1036 with similar looking files in them...but when I open the readme files they are empty???

berg417448
07-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I have the US version. It does not require the DVD to be in the drive to run,

Cold Meat Platter
07-04-2007, 07:00 PM
the only difference is the lack of copy protection on the U.S. version.
For some reason I couldn't read the readmes until i opened them with open office or word.

fabianfred
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM
so how do i get mine to run without the DVD in?

Hawgdog
07-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by berg417448:
I have the US version. It does not require the DVD to be in the drive to run,

I have the US version and it does require the DVD to run, play online etc.
My friend bought on weeks after I did, his does not need the DVD to run....

polak5
07-04-2007, 11:25 PM
my version needs a dvd to run

GAU-8
07-04-2007, 11:30 PM
same here.

(EDIT~!) I JUST TRIED IT AGAIN....it DOESNT need the DVD in the tray! WOOT. ::slips DVD into protective box.:::

dont know why it used to need it, but it doesnt now.

it HAD been a while since i tried it previously..but without getting anyone in trouble, i wonder if external mods/mission maker stuff for the game had "slipped it in"... or maybe i was thinking about when it used to need to be in for my PE-8 download.

Sillius_Sodus
07-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Me too.

MrMojok
07-05-2007, 03:20 AM
It's not that the US version of the program is different, it's that it is a much different game if you want to fly US planes.

Whirlin_merlin
07-05-2007, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by MrMojok:
It's not that the US version of the program is different, it's that it is a much different game if you want to fly US planes.

No the versions are actualy different in the ROTKW (rest of the known world) the US planes are very effective and easily match their historical counterparts if flown in the same style.
Unfortunatly in the US export version they've all been porked in some evil commie/islamist/eurotrash/godknowswhat conspiracy.

Except the cockpit view out of the early P47s which is a travesty everywhere.

mynameisroland
07-05-2007, 04:25 AM

Shall I get my violin out ?

"WHY CANT MY ****ING P51 OUTURN THAT KRAUT POS BF 109 G2 !!! ***%$$^**$^*"

stansdds
07-05-2007, 04:35 AM
My version does not require the DVD to be in the drive. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Oh, and in my version the Corsair wins the war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

MrMojok
07-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by mynameisroland:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMojok:

Shall I get my violin out ?

"WHY CANT MY ****ING P51 OUTURN THAT KRAUT POS BF 109 G2 !!! ***%$$^**$^*" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't talking about outturning a 109 in a Mustang, but do continue to show your a$$ on here, as per your usual.

mynameisroland
07-05-2007, 05:54 AM
It's not that the US version of the program is different, <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">it's that it is a much different game if you want to fly US planes</span> .

I wasn't talking about outturning a 109 in a Mustang, but do continue to show your a$$ on here, as per your usual.

What were you talking about then? That the P38 cant out turn the zero ? That the P51 cant outclimb the Spitfire? That the F4U doesnt throw lightning bolts from its guns and spit flames out of its pilots a-hole? If I as you say am showing my a$$ on forums, you it would seem, continue to talk out of yours.

FI-Skipper
07-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Grow up guys! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Skycat_2
07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I got the European version when it was released at Christmas time. It requires the DVD in the drive to run. Discussions of possible hacks (all unofficial and illegal) to bypass this copy protection quickly became grounds for account suspension by the moderators.

I bought the US version DVD the week it was released because I'm on the road with a laptop. I assumed that the US version required the DVD in place, and kept the DVD in the drive for a couple of weeks until somebody posted that it wasn't needed. Sure enough, it is not.

This is the only difference I could see between the two versions.

Both of my copies came with the bonus DVD-ROM that has additional videos and photographs highlighting the "Storm of War: Battle of Britain" development, 1C:MG at work in Moscow, some user-made videos, and various trade shows and competition events. I've since heard that the bonus DVD is not included with all copies, particularly in Canada.

stansdds
07-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by mynameisroland:
What were you talking about then? That the P38 cant out turn the zero ? That the P51 cant outclimb the Spitfire? That the F4U doesnt throw lightning bolts from its guns and spit flames out of its pilots a-hole? If I as you say am showing my a$$ on forums, you it would seem, continue to talk out of yours.
I spit flames out of mine, but only after eating spicy Mexican food or really hot chili. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Worf101
07-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I have 2 1946 DVD's. The one purchased from "GoGamer" which I suppose is the English version DOES require the DVD to be in a drive to run.

The second DVD, purchased from the local Mall is the U.S. Version and DOES NOT require the DVD to be in the drive. The no CD version makes life schweeeet.

Da Worfster

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Worf101:
I have 2 1946 DVD's. The one purchased from "GoGamer" which I suppose is the English version DOES require the DVD to be in a drive to run.

The second DVD, purchased from the local Mall is the U.S. Version and DOES NOT require the DVD to be in the drive. The no CD version makes life schweeeet.

Da Worfster

Same scenario here. Thus, I gave my first-release version to a squaddie...along with the replacement rts.dll http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif