PDA

View Full Version : Soo.... (warning: singleplayer spoilers and really long text)

blazefp
11-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm Back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

So, as expected by the title, this thread is just another of countless other threads about first impressions. Sry for saying stuff that was already said, I've been out for a couple of weeks to prevent spoilers so don't expect this to be a brand new thread.

Ok, my first impression of ACR can be summed up in one word - "new". Man, I wasn't expecting this. I already new about all of the new stuff but still sounded like I was seeing it for the first time. A great job from Ubisoft, no less.

The things I love the most (not counting with story) were the improvements on Dens - being able to interact more with MY recruits (^^ sounds really cool to say sth like this) was great; the tower defense when a den was attacked was really amusing too, I dunno why everyone is talking badly about it, I had great fun playing it and was the first time I really needed to rush when outside a mission. All of a sudden, I had 3 dens under attack! 1st time I felt I needed to run as much as I could to save all the three; And, of course, the bombs. It just adds a whole different kind of play, more strategy and less "I'll just break my way into it shooting and killing everyone in front of me". I really enjoyed it. The hookblade added even more fluidity without making the game look easier, and shows some incredible ways too kill too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

The game was a little harder than ACB, which was a good feeling. And almost forgot, the counter-steal (or something like it, it's the best translation I can get from that crappy portuguese instructions that I can't change to English). I could never imagine anything like it, and yet, it looks awesome! It's like the ultimate way of making Ezio look so much superior to the guards.

Another thing, the story innovation. I must admit, I was strongly expecting that Lucy wouldn't die and that was nothing more than a hallucination created by Juno to make Desmond fall into comma and get the sixth sense or whatever. Not just because it would make more sense but also because main female characters don't usually die in any story, they end up being saved by their "prince" on the last minute or something. Not here though, and that's an innovation I like. I'll miss her anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Another one that got killed was Yusuf, which isn't bad either, on the contrary. I have just 1 question, what was that paper on the blade that killed him? It may be a glitch though, since the game was full of them. Anyway, he was a cool guy, made me remember Owen Wilson with an attitude just a little more serious. Funny guy... This event served almost as a warning to Ezio that not everyone is untouchable, not even the great Ezio Auditore da la la la...It was a cool feature too

One thing that made my chin fall off the ground was right on the beginning, when he kicks that stone eagle off the Masyaf tower and jumps right away to the library, not even letting the stone break the floor. I just went http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif "WHAT? What if the floor didn't break? What if bellow there wasn't water, just a stone pavement?" Damn that guy really couldn't care less if he was going to die there or not.

And to finally finish with the advantages, the revelations. It was the first time I stayed stared at the screen of my TV watching the credits go by with a brain overload. I was expecting many things, seriousle, but surely I wasn't expecting the game to end like that. I don't know what to think tbh.

And now the downsides. First, I'm sure I didn't dream this, it was said that Altair missions would last for about 20 min. They lasted 10 min at most! It was cool to play with him again but next time don't say it will have more gameplay than it actually has. You made a good job, though, making him so "fragile" as he sounds when he was 86 and 63 years old *thumbs ups*

Another thing, the glitches and bugs. It's no big deal for me, but really when I got to Constantinople, after 30 min of free roaming there, I saw a guy with a chair across his chest. And he was there, stopped, staring at me. When I hit him, the chair felt and everything was ok again. This is just an example of loads of others that appeared to me. No big deal anyway.

The worst thing, however, is the translations. I want the game fully in English! No crappy Portuguese, all of that was google translated, you got words such as "treinamento" (supposedly training) that don't exist! It's "treino"! And we don't say "sacar dinheiro do banco" (supposedly "take/get money from the bank") that means stealing money from the bank. The verb you're looking for is "tirar" or "levantar". And there are countless of other mistakes like these, both in singleplayer and multiplayer.

And I was expecting more of Desmond, we only play with him through those puzzles(?) while he's remembering things of the past. I was expecting to play with him in the real life actually.

Anyway, this was my opinion. Whether this will be a thread to die with no answers or not, it's up to you.

Thank you Ubisoft, for this most gracious game. May it shield me from the boringness of school xD.

EDIT: forgot to add the unrealistic part of the game on the downsides. It just doesn't fit well that a parachute would resist a blizzard like that in the beginning of the game, it's too far stretch.