PDA

View Full Version : Things we don't have.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 12:25 AM
I have been building missions for awhile now. The thing I would like to see is a way to build run ways on the grass and make concrete ones well. Maybe the grass strips could be made the same way as the damage is placed on the map. Pontoon bridges would be good to. You could place several of them on the map for your troops to cross on. When you place a bridge on the map now, objects will not cross it. Or at least they will not for me. Buildings with the national flags on the roofs, flag poles and flags. Piers that you don't have to place 60 or more objects in the water to build. It's time consuming and there are too many seperate object to render. Just a few things I have been wishing for. Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 12:25 AM
I have been building missions for awhile now. The thing I would like to see is a way to build run ways on the grass and make concrete ones well. Maybe the grass strips could be made the same way as the damage is placed on the map. Pontoon bridges would be good to. You could place several of them on the map for your troops to cross on. When you place a bridge on the map now, objects will not cross it. Or at least they will not for me. Buildings with the national flags on the roofs, flag poles and flags. Piers that you don't have to place 60 or more objects in the water to build. It's time consuming and there are too many seperate object to render. Just a few things I have been wishing for. Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 12:57 AM
I second the motion on easier to make piers.

I would also like to be able to destroy static objects like vehicles, armor and aircraft in the same manner as structures. If you build progressive missions, it would be nice to be able to have destroyed items to mark battle locations, destroyed aircraft littering a captured airfield or a downed bomber near a bombed site would add a lot of realism. Since damaged graphics already exist for these items I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do.

I realize that smoke tends to lower the frame rates but a few smoking industrial stacks would make industrial areas seem more alive.

In the vehicle department I'd like to see one of the large German personnel type halftracks pulling an "88" gun that is so often seen in war time footage.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Not enough ships in my book - and more seaplanes PLEASE!

POMAK

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 12:30 AM
I was building a mission the other night and realised I could not apply damage to static aircraft. Or use destroy object to destroy planes. Everything else I could destroy with no problems, although I did not try to destroy bridges. Will definitely have to try that.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 02:03 PM
pomak wrote:
- Not enough ships in my book - and more seaplanes
- PLEASE!
-
- POMAK
-
-

No, thanks !!!
Ships are super deadly and an even worse example of the AI super robotnics. They shoot your planes with their main guns at more than 20(!)kms...with a few rounds.
Absolutely ridiculous !!!

Impossible to play things that were pretty simple in IL-2.

FB is absolutely crapped here !!!

Until this hasn't changed I have no use for ships or seaplanes... !!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

HORRIDO,
Klaus MB!

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Hedgerows and fences as longer units, maybe 100m or so in length. It'd be nice to be able to place a wooded border of some length, such as found along the edges of fields (perhaps 10x100m), without having to place so many individual trees and such.

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Yes, we finally got rid of the tanks picking you off with their main turret guns and now we get cruisers doing it!

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Comrade_Badinov wrote:
- I was building a mission the other night and
- realised I could not apply damage to static
- aircraft. Or use destroy object to destroy planes.
- Everything else I could destroy with no problems,
- although I did not try to destroy bridges. Will
- definitely have to try that.
-
-

Are you guys sure you can't destroy static planes? I think I remember placing a Me-323 once and while playing around with the "destroy" brush, I managed to turn one of my 323's into a wrecked plane. I think if you right click on it there's an option to destroy/undestroy?

I'll have to try again later.

--------------------------------
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:58 PM
I'd like to see the ability to add stationery/inactive ships, in the same way that you can add stationery tanks etc. E.g. So you can add cruisers/battleships in the game that don't shoot.

I wanted to do a ship attacking mission, but I had to pretty much use all cargo ships otherwise everything was shot down before they could even see what shot them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif