PDA

View Full Version : Finally, it happened...

Carotio
02-10-2007, 09:26 PM
after almost two years of playing SH3 (has it really been that long???), I brought 3 wounded men back to base and got 3 wound medals!
However, I could only give the two of them to the two ordinary crew members. The petty flakgun officer couldn't get it, the game said, he allready had it, but he didn't!!!??? Hmmm...
Look like, I'll have to edit a cfg file, so he gets it! Is that cheating or settling the score?

tuddley3
02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I would say that would be you being a very good respectable Kaleun, and giving credit where credit is due. Give the damn medal to him, he deserves it for Christ's sake !!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

demigod151
02-11-2007, 04:54 AM
I have a medic on board and my man is not wounded by the time we get back to prot

Carotio
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by demigod151:
I have a medic on board and my man is not wounded by the time we get back to prot

Actually, as a test in GWX-TA, I made one of my petty officers, who was a radio/sonar operator, to be a medic as well, like Hinrich in Das Boot! Though I had placed him with the three wounded men in the same compartment (Bug Raum), he didn't heal them, so I guess this double function doesn't work for petty officers....

pondafarr
02-12-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm not sure that medics actually "heal" anyone. I think they basicly put on a tourniquet, a bandaid, and give them a shot of whisky. Just enough to keep them alive. I don't think I've ever seen a crewmember "heal". If one gets hurt,they are still hurt when I return to port. They are good for the next mission.

The medics are not Dr. (Bones) McCoy, they aren't miracle workers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

logman01
02-12-2007, 09:56 AM
I have one seaman with a medal for his wounds. It was before I had a petty officer with qualificatioin on the flak gun. He took some shrapnel on the way back after a patrol. I didn't have a medic and luckily I wasn't very far away. He is now manning my diving station with all his medals. Don't feel like putting him back in harms way.